IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay Body Parts: Ok or Garbage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-13, 09:59 PM
USNsaint71
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay Body Parts: Ok or Garbage?

I bought my 2010 250 2 days ago with 43k miles and I love it, nicest car on base.

Im looking into mods for it and I know some of ya'll buy parts off of ebay.
It didnt come with a spoiler and i want to get the OEM one but don't want to pay the price for it, so i found replicas on eBay that look legit enough, have guaranteed fitment and come painted with factory color codes. which im almost positive i have smoky granite mica, sorry still not familiar with all the stock colors

My concern starts where they're supposed to be mounted with 3M tape, how are the OEM ones mounted? and has anyone had problems with fit or a less that perfect paint job as far as color match and finish go from any sellers in particular?

Also, if there are any good recommendations for sellers for this sort of thing that'd be helpful as well

-USNsaint71
Old 05-19-13, 10:02 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OEM spoilers are mounted by screws.
Old 05-19-13, 10:04 PM
liqB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use 3m automotive tape... or 3m outdoor tape (the red and black one)
Factory I believe is the same thing with the addition of drilling 3x holes into the trunk so people can't steal your spoiler.... adhesive by itself is strong enough and can be a ***** to remove. Also you can find your car's color code on the driverside door panel, its on a black sticker towards the bottom.
Old 05-19-13, 10:12 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Smoky granite mica color code is 1G0

Using 3m with the red backing (holds up to 5lbs) should be enough to hold the OEM spoiler in place.

Usually you get what you pay for on eBay, however there are some reputable companies/sellers out there that provide good quality products. Just do a search.

If you want something different than OEM you can check the vendors section for deals on body kits/rear trunk spoilers. Good luck.
Old 05-19-13, 10:15 PM
USNsaint71
Rookie

Thanks guys, i been poking around in the classified as well looking for little goodies. im a little hesitant to drill into my trunk too
Old 05-19-13, 10:58 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a SFP oem spoiler for sale if ure interested
Old 05-20-13, 06:32 AM
hriewe
Driver School Candidate

Most ebay products are ok, but every once and a while you might get one with bad fitment or color.
Old 05-20-13, 07:34 AM
slowpoe3
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebay items are a hit or miss I think, bought a spoiler from ebay and it came out just like oem, color match and all. Then i bought a front chin spoiler from another member that said it was an ebay item and had it on his car for a few months and fitment was ok i figure its should be decent so, i bought it for $80 but when I got the front spoiler the fitment was off and you really have to play with it to make it fit, So another lesson learned everyone's perception of good fitment and ok fitment is different, so now i am just seeing who wants a free spoiler if they wanna try to make it fit. But hopefully You find what you are looking for and dont get discouraged with bad items..
Old 05-20-13, 08:05 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

buy from oem.thing (seller) and tape it on with 3M
Old 05-20-13, 04:39 PM
USNsaint71
Rookie

Originally Posted by reyoasian
buy from oem.thing (seller) and tape it on with 3M
thanks for the recommendation but that seller is in Taiwan and would take a while to actually get to me. Red 3M tape it is then.

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
I have a SFP oem spoiler for sale if ure interested
theres a company in Orange county that does replicas, guarantees fit and paints factory color that i think im going to go with, thanks anyway though.

I'll post pics and more when everything is said and done as well as a review

-USNsaint71
Old 05-20-13, 06:17 PM
Cyanide52
Rookie

I ordered my rep wald spoiler from Carkingtuning2013 off eBay it came prepainted with a roof spoiler for 300 great fit ! And good customer service also mounted it with the 3m tape works great
Old 05-20-13, 06:49 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USNsaint71
thanks for the recommendation but that seller is in Taiwan and would take a while to actually get to me. Red 3M tape it is then.

theres a company in Orange county that does replicas, guarantees fit and paints factory color that i think im going to go with, thanks anyway though.

I'll post pics and more when everything is said and done as well as a review

-USNsaint71
i actually got mine in a week
all colours spot on except for sfp
came with 3m tape pre-applied, alcohol wipe and 3m adhesive

Originally Posted by Cyanide52
I ordered my rep wald spoiler from Carkingtuning2013 off eBay it came prepainted with a roof spoiler for 300 great fit ! And good customer service also mounted it with the 3m tape works great
carking best choice for rep wald
not sure how their roof and oem trunk spoilers are, but should be okay
Old 05-20-13, 07:13 PM
xitr097
Rookie

No! I have the nicest IS on base. LOL. J/K are you in San San Diego? I'm on 32nd street. Welcome!! BTW that's an ebay lip.

I bought my 2010 250 2 days ago with 43k miles and I love it, nicest car on base.

Im looking into mods for it and I know some of ya'll buy parts off of ebay.
It didnt come with a spoiler and i want to get the OEM one but don't want to pay the price for it, so i found replicas on eBay that look legit enough, have guaranteed fitment and come painted with factory color codes. which im almost positive i have smoky granite mica, sorry still not familiar with all the stock colors

My concern starts where they're supposed to be mounted with 3M tape, how are the OEM ones mounted? and has anyone had problems with fit or a less that perfect paint job as far as color match and finish go from any sellers in particular?

Also, if there are any good recommendations for sellers for this sort of thing that'd be helpful as well

-USNsaint71
Old 05-20-13, 08:23 PM
USNsaint71
Rookie

Alright REYOASIAN i'll give them a try.

@xitr097: No man im on NASNI with all the helo squadrons, car specs? The eBay lip looks good man im not as hesitant to get it now. Nice ride btw, i'll look for your car around town.

-USNsaint71

Last edited by USNsaint71; 05-20-13 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 05-20-13, 09:12 PM
xitr097
Rookie

2011 IS350 with custom exhaust, intake, and coilovers. Not much done to my car. I had a black IS250 but recently upgraded. I'm an ET. U must be an air dale. AM?

Alright REYOASIAN i'll give them a try.

@xitr097: No man im on NASNI with all the helo squadrons, car specs? The eBay lip looks good man im not as hesitant to get it now. Nice ride btw, i'll look for your car around town.

-USNsaint71

Quick Reply: eBay Body Parts: Ok or Garbage?