IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport Casual Driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-13, 06:09 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
the bumper itself took roughly 63 hours. Getting the grill to fit right was a pain and then creating the lips was a whole nother challenge
63 hours???! That's crazy!!! Great work!!!
Old 05-28-13, 06:10 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by Rolando
love the way it sounds amazing driving as well!
Thank you Thank you!!!
Old 05-29-13, 09:48 PM
IonSpray35
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was an adrenaline rush dude.
Old 05-30-13, 10:07 AM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by IonSpray35
That was an adrenaline rush dude.
lol lol lol i think so too hahahaha
Old 05-30-13, 02:53 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a good friend get hit on his motorcycle by someone driving like that and killed him. Dude crossed the double yellow and hit him head on. Had it all on video. Now my firend is dead and the guy that hit him is in jail for 5 years due to his reckless driving video that he took of himself. Be safe and take it to the track. Way more fun than the street every will be.
Old 05-30-13, 04:32 PM
Davidcv4
Driver

Bad*** over here!!!!
That was some sick driving brother and needless to say, a bit wreckless, but still fun to watch and i'm sure very fun to drive....I take my 350 fsport out to Turball Canyon and GMR hills so I can appreciate the b*lls it takes to tear up the roads. And it's a lot "safer" (using the term loosely here) driving at night bc you can see headlights at night from oncoming traffic as opposed to doing it at night.
I usually roll up to the hills and have a few peeps stand-by at the end of the road we're rolling through just to so they can tell the driver when it's clear to go....safety first lol
Old 05-30-13, 05:13 PM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Andyfishy
Thanks! wow you used to own a NSX?? it is a really nice car... NSX used to smoke my IS on the track badly... I guess the reason why my IS could do all the good handling is because of the Ohlins coilovers I've put into it, altho it's a bit expensive but it's worth it!!
Thanks! The NSX shined at tracks with high speed turns, not so much in the mountains lol. I used to go with a group here in NorCal that goes every Friday night, we had rules of staying in our own lanes & not passing on double yellows so everyone can be safe & always help out a car paralyzed on the side of the road. Props to you for driving your car though, its almost like 99% of is250/350 owners are only into VIP & Hellaflush, very rarely do I see a 2IS set up properly & out there being driven!
Old 05-30-13, 07:35 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by Davidcv4
Bad*** over here!!!!
That was some sick driving brother and needless to say, a bit wreckless, but still fun to watch and i'm sure very fun to drive....I take my 350 fsport out to Turball Canyon and GMR hills so I can appreciate the b*lls it takes to tear up the roads. And it's a lot "safer" (using the term loosely here) driving at night bc you can see headlights at night from oncoming traffic as opposed to doing it at night.
I usually roll up to the hills and have a few peeps stand-by at the end of the road we're rolling through just to so they can tell the driver when it's clear to go....safety first lol
Gotcha man, thanks for the advice!! I chose to do it there because there's basically nobody there at mid night based on my experience and I did that on 3am in the morning... I had some people at the end of the road and tell me if there's any oncoming traffic too and Yes I should do it somewhere else safer haha~ I haven't been to Turball Canyon tho, is it fun to drive there?
Old 05-30-13, 07:39 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by sleepy415
Thanks! The NSX shined at tracks with high speed turns, not so much in the mountains lol. I used to go with a group here in NorCal that goes every Friday night, we had rules of staying in our own lanes & not passing on double yellows so everyone can be safe & always help out a car paralyzed on the side of the road. Props to you for driving your car though, its almost like 99% of is250/350 owners are only into VIP & Hellaflush, very rarely do I see a 2IS set up properly & out there being driven!
But sadly, is250 is still an is250... I'm kinda depressed with the horsepower sometimes tho but I know there is nothing much I could do about it haha
Old 05-30-13, 07:44 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Dude you should get 350=)
Old 05-30-13, 11:29 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have known 2 people that died tooling around in a very similar fashion. Between :

Night
Speeding
Not stopping at the STOP sign
Crossing lanes
quick turn in
and the list goes on

you could have killed yourself, someone else, hit an animal, etc, etc, etc.

Please do this at organized club events.
Old 05-31-13, 12:33 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Andyfishy
But sadly, is250 is still an is250... I'm kinda depressed with the horsepower sometimes tho but I know there is nothing much I could do about it haha
HP won't matter all that much where there are so many turns. Or you can just swap your parts over to a IS350
Old 05-31-13, 09:28 AM
ISSForged
Driver

Love it! You car sounds amazing and those Cali roads are so fun to drive on!
Old 05-31-13, 11:31 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by Herofmine
Dude you should get 350=)
Will definitely think about this in the future!
Old 05-31-13, 11:31 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by sleepy415
HP won't matter all that much where there are so many turns. Or you can just swap your parts over to a IS350
Do you think it's a good idea to do the engine swap?

Quick Reply: F-Sport Casual Driving