IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Servicing a low Lexus at a dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-13 | 05:11 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Default Servicing a low Lexus at a dealer?

Hey guys!

So, today I went to a New Country Lexus of Westport to get a few recalls, drive belt, and an oil change taken care of. Well, I guess my car was too low for them to do the oil change and they didn't want to damage it by trying (which I respect). They took care of everything else and provided excellent customer service. I guess I could do my own oil changes (I'm just too lazy) or I can take it to EFI Logics which is a racecar shop in Bethel, CT.

Where do you guys go to get your low cars serviced? And by low, I don't mean someone on lowering springs.

Pics:

Overall, I'm very happy with the service I received. The guys all appreciated my car and even talked about my mods. It's not often you take your car somewhere to get work done where people appreciate nice cars.
Old 05-23-13 | 05:23 PM
carlos3366
Advanced

get yourself a good independent mechanic in your area.
Old 05-23-13 | 05:55 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

I do most of everything myself. I rather not take the chance of them cracking my lip kit.
Old 05-23-13 | 07:12 PM
static250
Driver

My car is as low as yours possibly lower and my local lexus dealership takes care of all maintenance on my car no problem. I think it all depends on the dealership.
Old 05-23-13 | 07:27 PM
Gville350

Mine also appears to be as low as yours, but they were able to perform an alignment on it. They always tell me after the services are performed that they took special care of getting it into the rack carefully. But if I was in your shoes, I would totally understand; rather be disappointed than pissed off!
Old 05-23-13 | 07:30 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gville350
Mine also appears to be as low as yours, but they were able to perform an alignment on it. They always tell me after the services are performed that they took special care of getting it into the rack carefully. But if I was in your shoes, I would totally understand; rather be disappointed than pissed off!
Yeah, I'd rather them not do it at all if they're not comfortable with it. I've also heard of Lexus doing alignments on really low cars, that's why I asked. It just sucks because I only trust Lexus dealerships when it comes to servicing my car. I guess I should've bought bags! haha
Old 05-23-13 | 11:52 PM
USNsaint71
Rookie

Your car is so sexy I'd service it anytime haha

I used to work at an oil change service station and we never turned away anyone for a car being to low. I'm sure you like to bring it to the dealership but you may have to bite the bullet and bring it to your local oil change place to have it serviced

If you're on coils you could always raise it up, bring it to the dealership, then lower it back down either way good luck bro.

P.s. is that line on your hood a clear film for keeping the smashed bugs from eating through your paint?

-USNsaint71
Old 05-24-13 | 07:28 AM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Originally Posted by USNsaint71
Your car is so sexy I'd service it anytime haha

I used to work at an oil change service station and we never turned away anyone for a car being to low. I'm sure you like to bring it to the dealership but you may have to bite the bullet and bring it to your local oil change place to have it serviced

If you're on coils you could always raise it up, bring it to the dealership, then lower it back down either way good luck bro.

P.s. is that line on your hood a clear film for keeping the smashed bugs from eating through your paint?

-USNsaint71
haha thanks man. I am on coilovers, but I'm not doing alignments every time I change the height.... that could get even more annoying.

Yep, it's a clear bra. Protects from bugs, rock chips, etc.
Old 05-24-13 | 07:40 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

That makes no sense.. If your already raising the car to adjust tr coils why not just change the oil..
Old 05-24-13 | 08:00 AM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
That makes no sense.. If your already raising the car to adjust tr coils why not just change the oil..
I never said I'm raising the car. I said I don't want to do alignments, hence I'm keeping the height the way it is now.
Old 05-24-13 | 08:29 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

My dealership has never had any issues with my car... guess it just depends on who you're working with.
Old 05-24-13 | 08:35 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

The service department I work at is lowered car friendly. Here's one of my new customers that had their car serviced recently:

We slowly drive the vehicle onto the lift, then raise it high enough so that our lifts arms can fit under the sideskirts using these roller jacks, and then we can raise it with the actual lift. The roller jacks we got were mainly to service LFA's, but we found they have use for lowered cars too.