IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ISS Wheels full of headaches.. Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 08:17 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

I feel you on that Juvi, its over three months and my boy yet to get his orginal or the new one he bought from ISS. For a company that say they build in house why so long.
Old 07-15-13, 10:12 AM
OEMPlus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys i figure i would keep this thread pretty civil but seems like a lot of people are actually slowly coming out and having issues and other stuff, now with that being said... I guess i can kinda burst the bubble and go out of a limb here... This doesn't go for all the companies but most "forged" companies will actually mill or machine their wheels in China and get them shipped over to the US. As long as 51% of the process gets done on US soil they can stamp it "Made in USA" blah blah blah. There will be some skeptics that will say im a liar and etc but i will dig up the thread from another forum.
Old 07-15-13, 10:49 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really interested in getting a set of these but I'll look at the Work options.
Old 07-15-13, 11:32 AM
OEMPlus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISSForged

To OEMplus , I see you only have 5 posts. While I am sure you are his friend, You need to be knowledgeable about 3 - piece wheels before making stabs at established companies.

Bringing our name to the forums that is caused by poor maintenance and poor install is very childish. Shame on you!
To ISSForged, I see you cannot seal wheels properly. Please let me kindly know if you would like me to make you a Youtube tutorial video.

And as promised... rep wheels and milled wheels and other useless wheel junk... LONG READ

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...iform-NUE-Reps...
Old 07-15-13, 11:49 PM
PACMAN031
Driver

I would have just ordered a full barrel and made it a two piece wheel
Old 07-16-13, 05:16 AM
2wne47
Rookie

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Was this ever resolved?
I'm afraid not. After trying to figure out a solution with these guys over the phone it all ended up with them voiding my warranty and them not wanting to do anything with my wheels. There was a lot of blame being thrown on my side on all the problems that mr Oemplus mentioned. It took about a month for me to get my wheels back but luckly the ups store did all the work. Its funny how they tried to slap on the original invoice in so I would be charged 35% duties and taxes agian. But from all that, all i can say is i will never consider another set, or recommend these to anyone i know in the future and thats why I dont post much pics of my car, so they can't use it to promote their wheels.
Old 07-16-13, 04:15 PM
OEMPlus
Driver School Candidate

Enclosed are "promised" pics from prior to me disassembling them. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

The chrome peeling on the backside and a "decent" sealed wheel

More chrome peel

Heres a good one for you, this is the "re-sealed" wheel, can anyone spot any sign of silicone or sealant ?

barrels sealed by ISS directly, yet why is there no silicone or sealant on the inner part

So called "resealed" wheel by another company...

Prepped from proper re-seal
Old 07-16-13, 04:29 PM
skottydznt
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, extremely dissapointed to see something like this happen. It is a shame that you are treated like that after spending so much money. They pictures speak for themselves and I wish you the best of luck.