IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ISS Wheels full of headaches.. Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 05:13 PM
2wne47
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISS Wheels full of headaches.. Advice please

Need some advice on what to do with my troublesome ISS Forged rx-10 wheels.

The rear wheels are fine but the front two has constant problems. Bought the wheels last year, had it on the car for 2 months (less than 2k km) before front passenger side tire popped. I replaced the tire and a few days later it started leaking air so I contacted ISS and they told me to send it to a rim repair shop and they will cover the cost. After it was repaired, couple weeks later my driver side starting leaking air and few days later passenger leaked again so at this point I slapped on my stocks and sent it for remounting but following days later it started leaking again. I tried replacing the stretch tires with wider tires but still the same problem came back. I just sent back the front 2 wheels to ISS for them to fix and they tell me that I have to pay for the following repair cost.

- lips replaced $400 each
- $75 a wheel for hardware ( if you want to replace what you have )
- paint $75 strip per wheel
- $100 paint per wheel
$650 each wheel (1300 total)

At this point I don't even wanna put anymore money into these headache wheels considering I paid a little over 4k for them, had to replace tires 4 times in under 6 months (8 total), remounted front tires 6 times, and paid the expensive delivery back to Miami and probably again to get them back. The things I'm certain that needs to be done is re-silicone, repaint one of the faces b/c a shop scratched the paint, and replace the hardware from the rust after 3 months of owning them...

So my question is would there be anything on that expensive price list I should do or avoid?
or should I tell them to go with a cheap route and just re-silicone, repaint the one face and maybe replace the rusting hardware?
After all that, give these wheels another shot or move onto a new set?

In total there is about 6-8k km (4months) on these wheels and a whole lot a problems. At the point of debating if I should sell these crappy ISS and move onto something with a more reliable name. Haven't had a chance to really show them off either.
Old 05-29-13, 05:29 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

^ have a shop reseal the barrel. Dunk each wheel in a bowl or pool full of wire, or you can even spray water ins somecases and see where it bubbles out. If it does you need to get the wheels resealed and let them dry for about 48-72 hours to be on the safe side.
Old 05-29-13, 05:29 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

My friend has the same issue with the two front leaking. Had them real seal twice and he still get a slow leak some where that isn't showing up. Now the front structure are cracked and ISS said he crashed his rim some where. It's funny cause there no damage to the wheel for them to even say that. They told him $1500 for the new rim. They're a rip off not standing behind there warranty. My 5year old weds borphes took a lot of beating and never once crack the center face.
Old 05-29-13, 05:56 PM
2wne47
Rookie

Wow 1500 thats crazy. No way I would think twice about buying another set or even just one wheel from them agian. They told me 3 piece wheels are called back for a rebuild every year or other year... If that was the case they should say it during the purchase process so I wouldnt have to waste my time dealing with this problem. Shouldve bought from a more reliable brand instead.
Old 05-31-13, 11:48 AM
OEMPlus
Driver School Candidate

bump this to the top, nice to see a wheel company that puts the "customers first" refuse to back their product and even refuse to repair their OWN WHEELS.
Old 05-31-13, 02:28 PM
ISSForged
Driver

Originally Posted by 2wne47
Need some advice on what to do with my troublesome ISS Forged rx-10 wheels.

The rear wheels are fine but the front two has constant problems. Bought the wheels last year, had it on the car for 2 months (less than 2k km) before front passenger side tire popped. I replaced the tire and a few days later it started leaking air so I contacted ISS and they told me to send it to a rim repair shop and they will cover the cost. After it was repaired, couple weeks later my driver side starting leaking air and few days later passenger leaked again so at this point I slapped on my stocks and sent it for remounting but following days later it started leaking again. I tried replacing the stretch tires with wider tires but still the same problem came back. I just sent back the front 2 wheels to ISS for them to fix and they tell me that I have to pay for the following repair cost.

- lips replaced $400 each
- $75 a wheel for hardware ( if you want to replace what you have )
- paint $75 strip per wheel
- $100 paint per wheel
$650 each wheel (1300 total)

At this point I don't even wanna put anymore money into these headache wheels considering I paid a little over 4k for them, had to replace tires 4 times in under 6 months (8 total), remounted front tires 6 times, and paid the expensive delivery back to Miami and probably again to get them back. The things I'm certain that needs to be done is re-silicone, repaint one of the faces b/c a shop scratched the paint, and replace the hardware from the rust after 3 months of owning them...

So my question is would there be anything on that expensive price list I should do or avoid?
or should I tell them to go with a cheap route and just re-silicone, repaint the one face and maybe replace the rusting hardware?
After all that, give these wheels another shot or move onto a new set?

In total there is about 6-8k km (4months) on these wheels and a whole lot a problems. At the point of debating if I should sell these crappy ISS and move onto something with a more reliable name. Haven't had a chance to really show them off either.
Originally Posted by OEMPlus
bump this to the top, nice to see a wheel company that puts the "customers first" refuse to back their product and even refuse to repair their OWN WHEELS.
^^ tell me, what company pays for a full wheel repair? A repair caused by poor installation, not from the manufacture. WE DO! We paid for full hardware and also paid to have it re-silicone when you refused to send the wheels back for us to inspect. We went out of our way to take care of you.

You just said it started leaking after tire installation. After looking over in close detail , the wheels have been poorly maintained. The silicone on the barrels is gashed in several places from poor installation. There is also rust behind the bolts, I would assume this is from the Salt since it snows in Canada like crazy. Manufacture warranty on chrome is 1 year.

We have done everything this customer has asked. I have come to the conclusion that we simply cannot please you. There is absolutely no hard feelings. We have sold over 400 sets, and we have ALLOT of happy customers.

To OEMplus , I see you only have 5 posts. While I am sure you are his friend, You need to be knowledgeable about 3 - piece wheels before making stabs at established companies.

Bringing our name to the forums that is caused by poor maintenance and poor install is very childish. Shame on you!

Last edited by ISSForged; 05-31-13 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-31-13, 03:10 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
^ have a shop reseal the barrel. Dunk each wheel in a bowl or pool full of wire, or you can even spray water ins somecases and see where it bubbles out. If it does you need to get the wheels resealed and let them dry for about 48-72 hours to be on the safe side.
Do this^^^

Or buy some JDM wheels
Old 05-31-13, 05:08 PM
RobzKar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my ISS Forged spiders for almost 4 years now. I changed out my lips all the way around for bigger lip size but prior to that I got them from ISS with no issues. Most of the time with leakage it's because seal wasn't put on correctly. I put a little only of the silicone and use my index while rolling the wheel. The key is to let it dry and apply another the day after, let it dry a good couple days then put tires on. I've had my bigger lips on for a good 2 years now no issues no leaks. Give that a try. Hope all works out.
Old 05-31-13, 05:43 PM
OEMPlus
Driver School Candidate

I actually lurk this forum and check most of the info. Here is your problem "ISS" i know more about 3 piece wheels then any sales rep sitting and posting behind a computer. I have had numerous sets of BBS,SSR,Blitz,Rays etc. I have seen these wheels from day one and can tell you everything you post is a nice attempt at getting your companies rep back. I saw all the emails from day one. You say your company is a very high end, but high end companies are commited to putting a customer first. You tell my friend "you gotta pay to play" over the phone ? That is unprofessional. A customer spends $4200 and you expect him to pay an additional $1500 for wheel repair. My Blitz 3 piece wheels that i currently have been stamped in 1997 and their hardware is immaculate compared to 6 month old wheels. Want email proof from day one of the corrosion problem? Please enlighten me.
Old 05-31-13, 06:34 PM
2wne47
Rookie

"we simply cannot please you" Really? you're gonna give me that considering how much I went through? Sure you were going to help me but for a ridiculous price.
Lets see here:
Your hardware started rusting after 2 months of ownership from what? the 3 or 4 days of snow Toronto had? If you ask anyone from Tdot they will tell you last year was the warmest winter we had and a few days of snow .
Wheels leakage. Sure you paid for the first repair but after the other side started to leak, it became my fault for not "poorly maintaining my wheels".
Even tried sending it back to your store last week at my own expense which wasn't cheap and you guys go because there are gashes on the silicone probably from installion, it voids your warranty and you'll have to pay for repairs. At this point would you expect me to be happy? Of course not why would I want to pay another $1300 for repairs that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Now you refuse to honor your structural warranty which your sale's rep told me its lifetime (emails for proof) and refuse to send me back my wheels because you don't want to touch or have anything to do with them. So now I'm stuck having to somehow get my wheels back from a company that won't touch my wheels by scheduling a pick up with ups or something.

Its funny how when I talked with you over the phone you go if I cant pay to play then I shouldn't be here. Even though I paid a crap load of money for the wheels alone, 8 tires, countless remounting, and the expensive shipping from and to Miami to Toronto. If thats not paying to play then I guess you just want millionaires then.

When I somehow get my wheels back from these guys I'll do one last re-seal and sell it off as quick as possible and maybe take Heyarms advice and buy JDM wheels
Old 07-14-13, 03:13 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this ever resolved?
Old 07-14-13, 08:46 AM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ I'm also wondering if this was ever resolved?
Old 07-14-13, 08:49 AM
tonytone
Driver School Candidate

^this. Work wheels ftw.
Old 07-15-13, 06:36 AM
OEMPlus
Driver School Candidate

Here is the wonderful update about these wheels, I will speak on behalf of my friend here, as i will be doing the rebuild on these wheels myself. This wasn't done prior because I thought/figured it might affect the wheel "warranty" but its a joke anyways.

Here are the "Cliff notes" in case anyone doesn't want to read the ramble:

- Chrome peeling (1 year warranty, now i can see why)
- Minor sealing defects on wheel faces from ISS
- Improper sealing of wheels from ISS
- Improper sealing of wheels from "x shop"
- $500 wasted for shipping just to get wheels sent back without anything done
- ISS doesn't want to back their product or warranty
- Hardware corroding worse then 10+ year old BBS/Work/Etc.. wheels
- ISS claims wheels were driven on during winter (yet they didn't even touch snow)
- ISS claims wheels were "neglected" on maintenance although they were washed with P21S wheel cleaner diluted 5:1
- ISS doesn't even have the decency of making/scheduling a UPS pick-up for return of wheels, UPS agent and driver did it themselves as they were sick and tired of coming back (4 times) Correct me if i'm wrong ?

Since these wheels were leaking from day 1, prior they were sent to an "accredited" wheel repair shop in Toronto that ISS deemed was worthy of the wheel repair. The wheels were resealed by "x shop". I pulled apart the wheels myself and can tell you the job was crap. Moving forward i took apart the wheels that were originally sealed by "ISS" and can tell you it was a bit better but not by much as they DIDNT put any silicone in between the barrel and lip mating faces which is very awkward to me(but hey what do i know... only had like 10 sets+ sets of 3 piece wheels). Chrome plating is flaking off from the inside when I personally removed the silicone from wheels which was a bit of a surprise for me for 4k wheels. I can gladly say I am happy i have steered about 3-5 customers away from buying these wheels and will continue to do so.

Last edited by OEMPlus; 07-15-13 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-15-13, 08:11 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

good lil read up, kinda sucks man paying that kinda money for wheels it should be fully covered, i guess JDM is the way to go. i went through plenty of works and volks and never had a problem

Quick Reply: ISS Wheels full of headaches.. Advice please