IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

installed h tech springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-13, 04:07 PM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lysis250
Guys stop the hate...I thought this was a friendly forum. The car looks good but needs moar low. And as for being a girl props to you cuz not many girls mod their cars. Keep up the good work.
It's the same type of stuff I saw when I were on Bimmerforums/Bimmerfest. I think placing an M badge on a Non-M car is the same as ISF on a non-ISF car, as many here feel that it reflects on the Lexus community as a whole, while in fact it's just a matter of personal preference.

Good looking car, I think it's fine (I'm biased since I have H-Techs :P) and welcome OP!
Old 05-31-13, 06:31 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 417 Likes on 122 Posts

looks good! do you have more photos from different angles? I was considering H-Techs but wasn't familiar with them so I ended up with Swift springs.

Gold wheels on black always seem to work well together.
Old 05-31-13, 07:29 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LinIS
thank you! and Because the Fsport front looks pretty similar to the isf biggest difference is the lip tho which i like better then the isf. and Ive just always loved the rear of the isf the most!
I agree, the new F-Sport front is quite similar in a way to the IS-F front. In fact many members prefer the F-Sport front instead of the IS-F front. I just prefer the IS-F front because its simple, no real need to add an additional lip, etc.

Originally Posted by bakalag
looks good! do you have more photos from different angles? I was considering H-Techs but wasn't familiar with them so I ended up with Swift springs.

Gold wheels on black always seem to work well together.
I have been running Tein H-Tech for over 4 yrs without any problems and the ride is smooth. I decided on Teins because I am familiar with their products having purchased the S Tech and SS coil overs for my previous cars. Tein offer quality products and if anything went wrong, I could always visit their business since it was local. I chose the H-Tech over the S-Tech because I didn't want that much of a drop seeing that I was living in SF and my gf would be driving my car.

If I didn't go with the Tein springs, I would have went with some coil overs.

How are the swift springs treating you?
Old 05-31-13, 07:38 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys stop the hate...I thought this was a friendly forum. The car looks good but needs moar low. And as for being a girl props to you cuz not many girls mod their cars. Keep up the good work.
Not sure how it's hating. People are entitled to their own opinions. It's a thread in a public forum, you can't expect every single person to give a positive comment to OP. It's like a YouTube video, there'll always be likes and dislikes, do you consider that hating? Dislikes does not equal hate.

People on here that talked about the badge were just giving their own opinions on it, OP can take it or leave it, but to cry about it and say people are hating is just immature. I don't care if the OP is female or not, because I don't believe in gender bias and feel everyone should be treated the same, regardless of gender.. but how she's offended by others' opinions so easily is just plain ignorant. OP made a thread to show off her car, of course there'll be positive and negative comments. Not everyone has the same taste..

I don't care if you go to the friendliest forum on the internet, there'll always be criticisms because it's a freaking forum for crying out loud. /thread.... l0l...
Old 05-31-13, 08:37 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks nice and if SHE likes it then that's fine with me. Opinions are just that....everyone's got one!
Old 05-31-13, 09:39 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by infate
Not sure how it's hating. People are entitled to their own opinions. It's a thread in a public forum, you can't expect every single person to give a positive comment to OP. It's like a YouTube video, there'll always be likes and dislikes, do you consider that hating? Dislikes does not equal hate.

People on here that talked about the badge were just giving their own opinions on it, OP can take it or leave it, but to cry about it and say people are hating is just immature. I don't care if the OP is female or not, because I don't believe in gender bias and feel everyone should be treated the same, regardless of gender.. but how she's offended by others' opinions so easily is just plain ignorant. OP made a thread to show off her car, of course there'll be positive and negative comments. Not everyone has the same taste..

I don't care if you go to the friendliest forum on the internet, there'll always be criticisms because it's a freaking forum for crying out loud. /thread.... l0l...

Totally agree. No one was hating just simply pointing out the fact that ahe placed a ISF badge on ur 350.
Old 06-01-13, 12:42 PM
LinIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jnguyenyo
Also, people are only hating because your car comes off as a "poser" as it is not an isF (even if you have a conversion).
see this is an example of a friendly way of giving your opinion unlike others who said things like "nice isf not. i mean is350" or putting a dumb meme saying u failed this thread bla bla and i understand but im not being a "poser" because i still have my fsport badges and have a sticker tht says is350. I just love how the isf bage looks becuz of the blue on the f im not actually claiming it to be an isf... and its an "isf" bumper so i didnt think it would come off as a poser thats all lol but thank you for your opinion!
Old 06-01-13, 12:46 PM
LinIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sffd103
It looks nice and if SHE likes it then that's fine with me. Opinions are just that....everyone's got one!
Thank you!
Old 06-01-13, 01:20 PM
LinIS
Driver School Candidate

thank you! and yeah where i live (in the mtns) theres so many dips and bumps so i didnt really wanna hassle with getting it lower maybe sometime i'll get coil overs hahah
Old 06-02-13, 02:09 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO you should take the F badge off and either put the F Sport badge or the X50 badge instead. It comes across as posing. Other than that, car looks good!
Old 06-02-13, 03:49 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakers95
IMO you should take the F badge off and either put the F Sport badge or the X50 badge instead. It comes across as posing. Other than that, car looks good!
"Jakers, stop hating." l0l. She has a ISF rear bumper, so she could put whatever she wants. /Logic.

She'll think I'm hating again, but I agree that she could do whatever she wants if she likes it, but just stop being so offended because it's a public forum. Do what you want like OP, just constructive criticisms, don't gotta be offended... Jeez..
Old 06-03-13, 12:26 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I'm saying is, it doesn't matter the car brand/make/model, but when you start putting badges on a car, that isn't what the badge says it is, people are going to say things. Its contradicting. AGAIN, other than that the car looks great!