IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wald Black Bison Style body kit on a IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 08:13 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

why not contact 149max and see where he got his
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...formation.html
Old 06-03-13, 10:03 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think he used rep bumper but authentic lip. correct me if im wrong!

edit: oh oops, just saw the other thread... :\

Last edited by dorkacho; 06-03-13 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-03-13, 11:15 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
i think he used rep bumper but authentic lip. correct me if im wrong!

edit: oh oops, just saw the other thread... :\
so whats wrong if he did have a rep bumper?
Old 06-03-13, 11:26 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I think you can get that full china rep kit for around $1k like on the blue car. One piece bumper with grill, fenders and sides. Wald has 3 gills on the lower sides of the front, the rep has 2.
Old 06-03-13, 11:32 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Yea I think you can get that full china rep kit for around $1k like on the blue car. One piece bumper with grill, fenders and sides. Wald has 3 gills on the lower sides of the front, the rep has 2.
Yep, and the front bumper is still isx50 width. Notice the brake cooling ducts aren't as wide as a real Wald/ISF
Old 06-03-13, 11:51 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
so whats wrong if he did have a rep bumper?
i was just saying that i dont think he got the china rep kit where it came fused like that.

relax
Old 06-04-13, 08:09 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gmath1
Hey can you please elaborate on that? does that mean the front of an is250 and the front of an isf are different? structurally?
Do these 2 bumpers look the same?

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u.../03/Main-1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kudxDbZw1W...lexus-is-f.jpg
Old 06-04-13, 08:15 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC

He has authentic Wald lip purchased from VAS, molded on rep FRP ISF bumper/fenders/sides

The China kit is a one-piece with the black bison rep and bumper rep together as one

There's no rep black bison alone (only the one-piece "molded" version)

Originally Posted by mr2envi
Yep, and the front bumper is still isx50 width. Notice the brake cooling ducts aren't as wide as a real Wald/ISF
he used to have ISF conversion bumper from ebay after someone crashed his car and destroyed his OEM 2008 bumper

now he has ISF OEM rep bumper in FRP (NOT conversion) which is same width as ISF bumper, with FRP fenders and side skirts to go along with it (because ISF bumper is too wide for OEM ISx50 fenders)

Last edited by reyoasian; 06-04-13 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-05-13, 12:28 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by reyoasian
He has authentic Wald lip purchased from VAS, molded on rep FRP ISF bumper/fenders/sides

The China kit is a one-piece with the black bison rep and bumper rep together as one

he used to have ISF conversion bumper from ebay after someone crashed his car and destroyed his OEM 2008 bumper

now he has ISF OEM rep bumper in FRP (NOT conversion) which is same width as ISF bumper, with FRP fenders and side skirts to go along with it (because ISF bumper is too wide for OEM ISx50 fenders)
Come on bro, the Wald on that blue car is the replica. It is not molded, it is one piece. He has headlight washers on the old "authentic" ISF front bumper. The new "Wald" has none. Also as have already mentioned above, the FAKE one piece Wald bumper's brake ducts are not even close to the same with as a real Wald or ISF's brake ducts. I'm sure his "real" Wald's brake cooling ducts are closer in with a fake one than real F/Wald.

CalitriSC also pointed out that his carbon side vents on the front bumper only has 2 vents on each side, the real Wald has 3 vents on each side. So you are telling me that he modified it to 2 vents so it looks closer to a fake one?????? Please look at the details

Show me where I can find OEM ISF replica bumper that has the same width as a real F bumper. I have only seen replica that are for isX50 (same width as isX50 bumpers).
Old 06-05-13, 02:21 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

VIP auto salon and Wald international will be chiming in soon. who wants to take bets?
Old 06-05-13, 07:18 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mr2envi
Come on bro, the Wald on that blue car is the replica. It is not molded, it is one piece. He has headlight washers on the old "authentic" ISF front bumper. The new "Wald" has none. Also as have already mentioned above, the FAKE one piece Wald bumper's brake ducts are not even close to the same with as a real Wald or ISF's brake ducts. I'm sure his "real" Wald's brake cooling ducts are closer in with a fake one than real F/Wald.

CalitriSC also pointed out that his carbon side vents on the front bumper only has 2 vents on each side, the real Wald has 3 vents on each side. So you are telling me that he modified it to 2 vents so it looks closer to a fake one?????? Please look at the details

Show me where I can find OEM ISF replica bumper that has the same width as a real F bumper. I have only seen replica that are for isX50 (same width as isX50 bumpers).
i think it was 2 piece...??

if according to the details of the lip that they're knockoffs, then VAS has got some explaining to do

the bumper/fenders/sides are not from ebay (black plastic ones)

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
VIP auto salon and Wald international will be chiming in soon. who wants to take bets?
I really hope they do

Last edited by reyoasian; 06-05-13 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-05-13, 08:45 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the bumper/fenders/sides are not from ebay (black plastic ones)
Any chance you have a link where he bought the sideskirts and fenders from? They look amazing. Are they wider than stock 2IS and would it be a direct bolt on using the regular 2IS front bumper?
Old 06-05-13, 08:54 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by edgeucated
Any chance you have a link where he bought the sideskirts and fenders from? They look amazing. Are they wider than stock 2IS and would it be a direct bolt on using the regular 2IS front bumper?
i'll tell him to make a post later this week, he doesn't come on CL often but i see him once in a while

Last edited by reyoasian; 06-05-13 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-05-13, 10:36 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
LOL. Looks fake to me. I still would like him to chime in on where his supposed fiberglass ISF bumper and fenders came from if they arent the knock off parts that we all believe them to be. Ive priced the black bison numerous times (wanted to go that route at one point) and his "receipt" is at least $250 cheaper than i was every quoted and he lives in Canada i believe... Costs more to ship there last i checked.
Old 06-05-13, 10:53 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by heyarms
LOL. Looks fake to me. I still would like him to chime in on where his supposed fiberglass ISF bumper and fenders came from if they arent the knock off parts that we all believe them to be. Ive priced the black bison numerous times (wanted to go that route at one point) and his "receipt" is at least $250 cheaper than i was every quoted and he lives in Canada i believe... Costs more to ship there last i checked.
Yeah it's crazy how similar his front bumper and fenders are similar to the fake one rather than a real one. The fender and side vents do not look as wide as a real F either. Yes looks like narrow stock isX50 width with isF style vents

Quick Reply: Wald Black Bison Style body kit on a IS250?