New policy with Lexus loaners

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-13, 08:32 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New policy with Lexus loaners

Hi guys,

So today I brought my car in for wiper blade and trunk release recall. Took a loaner and got asked to come in to managers office to sign some papers. What?? papers? I have never signed anything before when taking a loaner.
So they needed my drivers license number, credit card number, made a copy of insurance card and I had to sign that I am responsible for tolls and gas! They gave it to me with a full tank and expects full tank when I bring the car back, otherwise its $5 a gallon. Never had to pay tolls or gas before.
I asked about it and manager said this is a new thing Lexus is pushing. He said all the dealers around started doing it too. This is around Chicago land.

It is already inconvenient that we need to bring cars in for recalls and Lexus cant even cover the gas in their loaners?
Old 06-07-13, 08:36 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

uhmm...it's been like this from the beginning. You expect Lexus to pay for everything including free gas on the loaner in addition to a free tank of gas for your car?
The following users liked this post:
Bradaigh (01-18-22)
Old 06-07-13, 08:42 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most other brands don't even provide loaner cars. Sewell let's me get a loaner overnight when I drop off for oil changes. Haven't had to yet, but if I had to replace the gas I USED I would gladly do it for not having to hassle someone to come pick me up and drop back off the next morning.

FWP!!
The following users liked this post:
Bradaigh (01-18-22)
Old 06-07-13, 08:42 AM
mier
Rookie

You should pay ur own toll in my opinion, for gas they say you have to fill with full tank, but if u dont do it, they r not going to charge u, just dont return with empty tank. for credit card and insurance card. that is understandable what if you have accident?
Old 06-07-13, 08:44 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
uhmm...it's been like this from the beginning. You expect Lexus to pay for everything including free gas on the loaner in addition to a free tank of gas for your car?
I have never got a free full tank of gas, but I have never paid gas or tolls for the loaners. I understand with the tolls, but I think they should cover the gas like they used to.
Old 06-07-13, 08:47 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my wiper arm nut and internal trunk release recalls a few months back and did paperwork for the loaner. I really don't see anything wrong with that; it's seems that they want to make sure the liability for their vehicles that they loan is covered by the borrowers. The RX 350 loaner they gave me had less than half a tank of gas.
Old 06-07-13, 08:52 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by p0lo8
I have never got a free full tank of gas, but I have never paid gas or tolls for the loaners. I understand with the tolls, but I think they should cover the gas like they used to.
You get a free full tank of gas with the recall.
Old 06-07-13, 08:52 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by knguyenk
I did my wiper arm nut and internal trunk release recalls a few months back and did paperwork for the loaner. I really don't see anything wrong with that; it's seems that they want to make sure the liability for their vehicles that they loan is covered by the borrowers. The RX 350 loaner they gave me had less than half a tank of gas.
My dealer used to give loaners out with less than half tank and they did not care about the gas back then. Very first time I took a loaner I did quite a bit of driving and filled up gas to about where it was when I got it and when I came back and mentioned that to the manager he was very surprised and said next time not to worry about the gas.
Old 06-07-13, 08:55 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by offroad200
You get a free full tank of gas with the recall.
Would be nice, but I am not counting on it.
Old 06-07-13, 08:58 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Usually it's always a 1/2 tank in the loaners and you can bring it back empty. But if you still have the loaner and it close to empty while your still using it then fill up on you. Yes OP all recalls get you a full tank of gas on return unless your is already full. Had mine done last month.
Old 06-07-13, 09:26 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

Park Place told me I can bring it back on E and they don't mind. Tolls are included as well. Probably just depends on the dealership you go to. Some dealerships can't keep up in todays economy.
Old 06-07-13, 09:30 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Yeah, its always been like this. Dont know why its surprising that you have to pay for gas for a car that was loaned to you
Old 06-07-13, 09:41 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by p0lo8
Hi guys,

So today I brought my car in for wiper blade and trunk release recall. Took a loaner and got asked to come in to managers office to sign some papers. What?? papers? I have never signed anything before when taking a loaner.
So they needed my drivers license number, credit card number, made a copy of insurance card and I had to sign that I am responsible for tolls and gas! They gave it to me with a full tank and expects full tank when I bring the car back, otherwise its $5 a gallon. Never had to pay tolls or gas before.
I asked about it and manager said this is a new thing Lexus is pushing. He said all the dealers around started doing it too. This is around Chicago land.

It is already inconvenient that we need to bring cars in for recalls and Lexus cant even cover the gas in their loaners?
(bolded and colored for emphasis.)

sounds like you've been lulled into a false sense of entitlement. honestly, consider yourself fortunate that you were still allowed to leave the lot with a loaner; I've been at dealerships (one of the largest lexus dealerships in the world) where minor recall work like this would not qualify you for a loaner. as such, you would've been asked to wait, take the complimentary shuttle, or find your own way to wherever you need to go.

just because you own a lexus doesn't mean that you have the right to a loaner vehicle every time you bring your lexus in for service - whether for recall work or scheduled/unscheduled service. it's a privilege that dealerships extend to lexus owners when they bring in their vehicles for service, but certainly a priviledge that a dealership may or may not extend at their discretion.
Old 06-07-13, 09:44 AM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't have to worry about gas when I get a loaner from my dealership and they also filled up my tank when I went in to get the recalls done. I suppose it's different for every dealer or dealers from state to state because I had the windshield wiper nut recall done on my gf mom's car in San Diego and they require you to give the loaner back with the same amount of gas that was in it when they give it to you.
Old 06-07-13, 09:47 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

yep thats the way it is when i got my waterpump replace under warranty. Not sure if i want to take my car in for the recall as im too scare for any damage or abuse my car might get..haha.. i hear allot of story about some shady dealership.

Quick Reply: New policy with Lexus loaners