IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is250 awd

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 06:39 PM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
Stop arguing about 250 vs 350, we are all supposed to be a family here.

I drove the 350 and own a 250, 350 is noticeably quicker with much more pull at pretty much all rpm ranges.

You can get a used 350 for as much as a new Corolla, so its not about who got more money. Pretty much any bum on the road with a new car could afford a 350 (new or used) if they so choose.

All these talk about money and who got the more expensive car or the better car is really destructive to the community.
agreed...ive never met a 350 owner on the street that wanted to "race" me....most of them are a different type of crowd than your typical riceboy honda with a fart can that wants to race everything with rims they see.....i have another car thats much faster than my is250...and still love my IS...
Old 06-10-13, 06:42 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, Laobo! Long time as well, hope you have been doing well. Life's been busy, but I've picked up a new ride. The 250 will still be doing the daily duty but now that my weekend joy rides have gotten much more interesting
Old 06-10-13, 06:49 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i never said anything about who got more money or more expensive mod on the car.i just dont see much power on is 350 either.i always thought it would be supplier quick but it's not.ifi have choice in the beginning.i would go with isf instead.
Old 06-10-13, 07:56 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vboi4life
i would race any is 350 in local if they think their car fast than my is 250.i mean i did drive is 350.it does quick but not that quick like i expect they have like 100 hp than my is 250.
Old 06-10-13, 07:57 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Originally Posted by laobo979
I'm not gonna bash on you hard but weaving in and out of traffic doesn't mean 250 faster. It mean the drive is careless for other people life. If your brave and all about your driving skill then go to the drag against a 350 then when you see tail light you know the deal. By the way most guys will laugh at you when you rev the 2.5L at them. Even a GSR will put it to shame just saying even on the streets.
i never want race nobody car but if anyone race with me then i will.why they laught at me when rev 2.5 L?if they afforded 44k on a car then they can laugh or just hater .
Old 06-10-13, 08:00 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

i never want race nobody car but if anyone race with me then i will.why they laught at me when rev 2.5 L?if they afforded 44k on a car then they can laugh or just hater .
Why do you care what they think? So what if they want to race? You drive a Lexus for god sakes, Lexus is the epitome of luxury. Not hp and who can rev and race on streets. You want to race, buy a race car.

If you care enough to think about how much their car cost or if they are hating, I get the feeling you bought the car for the badge. There will always be bigger fishes out there. You get a 350, someone will have an ISF. You get ISF, someone will have a Lambo. Fact of life.
Old 06-10-13, 08:24 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

who said i care about what people think?i will race which whoever want race with me but it depend im aint stupid race with all highschool boy hondait just wasted of my time.i would race with like bmw.audi,lexus some like that.yes your are right.i bought lexus because of the badge.who doesn't,just be honest

Last edited by vboi4life; 06-10-13 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 08:45 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

who said i care about what people think?i will race which whoever want race with me but it depend im aint stupid race with all highschool boy hondait just wasted of my time.i would race with like bmw.audi,lexus some like that.yes your are right.i bought lexus because of the badge.who doesn't,just be honest
Don;t want to burst your bubble but if you think you'll win any race with your 8sec car you're wrong, A half priced honda Si would smoke you. Just saying you don;t get to play with BMW and the big boys.
Old 06-10-13, 11:05 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would race any is 350 in local if they think their car fast than my is 250.i mean i did drive is 350.it does quick but not that quick like i expect they have like 100 hp than my is 250.
is 350 faster than is 250 but when you racing in local area,light,care,people,.its all about brave and skill.not all about the power on the car.i guess you guy never do so.i have is 250 awd.i would never debadge because i want clean look.its lexus.it look nices and clean already.anytime i drive on the street and i see any is debadge. i would laugh but its okay if you wannna be is 350.Thats fine.haha
Lets all remember driving is a PRIVLEDGE and not a RIGHT. if you want to race, take it to a track, there is no point in endangering other peoples lives all because you want to be "brave" and weave through traffic. I personally would be beyond pissed if I got hit by two douche bags who thought they're bad *** flying down the road. I would be even more pissed that they are endangering my family. Theres a thing called the "speed limit" and by no means do you have to be exact with it or under it, but that definitely doesn't give you the right to go as fast as you damn well please.

vboi, you sir need to re-evaluate the way you drive and your mentality about driving.

Last edited by panda08; 06-10-13 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-11-13, 05:05 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Originally Posted by panda08
Lets all remember driving is a PRIVLEDGE and not a RIGHT. if you want to race, take it to a track, there is no point in endangering other peoples lives all because you want to be "brave" and weave through traffic. I personally would be beyond pissed if I got hit by two douche bags who thought they're bad *** flying down the road. I would be even more pissed that they are endangering my family. Theres a thing called the "speed limit" and by no means do you have to be exact with it or under it, but that definitely doesn't give you the right to go as fast as you damn well please.

vboi, you sir need to re-evaluate the way you drive and your mentality about driving.
i never said i want to race anybody in all my reply.im just saying the is 350 is not quicker than is 250.you guys just guessing all bad thing and blame on me.oh well
Old 06-11-13, 05:25 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Why would they laugh at you when you rev the 2.5? Because you will lose in a race to most cars. 0-60 in 8ish seconds (for AWD) is slow. But then again, thats not the purpose of the car

Originally Posted by mikez
Why do you care what they think? So what if they want to race? You drive a Lexus for god sakes, Lexus is the epitome of luxury. Not hp and who can rev and race on streets. You want to race, buy a race car.

If you care enough to think about how much their car cost or if they are hating, I get the feeling you bought the car for the badge. There will always be bigger fishes out there. You get a 350, someone will have an ISF. You get ISF, someone will have a Lambo. Fact of life.

i never said i want to race anybody in all my reply.im just saying the is 350 is not quicker than is 250.you guys just guessing all bad thing and blame on me.oh well
Yes you did. You said you would race any local 350

Im not trying to insult you or anything (but you obviously think I am for some reason) but you say your not stupid and you would race whoever you want. Then you say that you dont want to race anybody and that the 350 is not faster than the 250. How in the world is that possible? Both cars are basically the same except for the 350 having 100 more hp. How are they equally fast?
Old 06-11-13, 06:05 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bob4256
Why would they laugh at you when you rev the 2.5? Because you will lose in a race to most cars. 0-60 in 8ish seconds (for AWD) is slow. But then again, thats not the purpose of the car

Im not trying to insult you or anything (but you obviously think I am for some reason) but you say your not stupid and you would race whoever you want. Then you say that you dont want to race anybody and that the 350 is not faster than the 250. How in the world is that possible? Both cars are basically the same except for the 350 having 100 more hp. How are they equally fast?
yes.im saying that but if they want challenge with me.i dont need to prove or challenge with all highschool boy drive honda because its honda.anyway so you mean i shouldnt race at all like someone tailgate me or try to passed over me because they think its joke or some?no way,im not that type calm like that.i would do anything in my power to beat tha shyyt out.yeah im aggressive type my friend.the is 350 is fast tbut not that fast compared isf to is 250.you know what i mean.
Old 06-11-13, 06:06 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bob4256

It's obvious that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just trolling around. I wouldn;t be surprised to see him saying now that he never said is250 is faster than is350.
Old 06-11-13, 07:00 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Old 06-11-13, 10:00 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

vboi4life put down the cup of Fast 6 cool-aid please. Every time the Fast And Furious move comes out, so do the street racers for about 90 days.

This is a community, a well mannered one, please do not act childish, immature and down play others vehicles and choices.

Your warned and next time you will be suspended before being banned.

Have a Great Day. Don't hurt anyone out there "racing".

Quick Reply: Is250 awd