IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealership: Navi Hack disabled/Navi wont Route

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 09:27 PM
Buya02
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealership: Navi Hack disabled/Navi wont Route

So long story short I got a new dash from Lexus because they scratched my old one....well I drove my car today and realized my NAV HACK does not work anymore, but also my navi does not reroute. It also does not give turn by turn directions anymore. The other issue is my radio has static quite frequently now. I am so over Lexus and the dealership, I emailed my rep and I guess we will see what she has to say tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-10-13, 10:32 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you did the hack where you have to cut a wire, I don't think they'll warranty that when they see it.
Old 06-11-13, 07:44 AM
Buya02
Rookie

I understand that, but everything was fine when I dropped the car off. They only replaced the dash, so my navi should have been unplugged and plugged back in exactly how they got it. I have a feeling the tech didnt know what the HACK was and tried to just put it back to stock or didnt hook up the switch.
Old 06-11-13, 02:15 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Buya02
I understand that, but everything was fine when I dropped the car off. They only replaced the dash, so my navi should have been unplugged and plugged back in exactly how they got it. I have a feeling the tech didnt know what the HACK was and tried to just put it back to stock or didnt hook up the switch.
I think when they reinstall everything back to the car, they might forget to reconnect the ground wire that you cut off?
Old 06-25-13, 08:57 AM
Buya02
Rookie

Ok so after LEXUS OF CERRITOS having my car for another 3 days they call me and explain there are some cuts in the wiring harness (nav hack & sirius radio from previous owner) which can cause issues such as the navigation not working correctly. They offered to charge me $900 in order to "put the wiring harness back to OEM specs" but this might or might not resolve the issue with the navigation. I got pissed off and went and got my car back. After pulling everything apart I realized they disconnected my NAV HACK and hid the wires behind the navigation unit (ziptied). I plugged everything back up and guess what? IT WORKS and I saved myself $900.

DO NOT EVER USE LEXUS OF CERRITOS. Here is exactly what happend;

1. Take car in for oil change. Realize they scrached my dash when I picked up my car. Notofied my service advisor.
2. She offers to have "her guy" repair it. Take it back, pick it up, looks worse! Doesnt even match and a 2' scrach is now a 5x5 mud spot on my dash.
3. I drop it off for a new dash "courtesy of lexus", I pick up my car, drive and the navi and my switch isnt working.
4. Take it back, they claim $900 in repair. I pick up my car and I fix it in 3hrs myself.

Facts: I advised the agent I had a NAV HACK SWITCH, she informed me so did she and was not an issue. Instead of trying to charge me $900, why didnt the tech just hook the 2 wires (which he zip tied and hid) and test my navi? BECAUSE LEXUS OF CERRITOS ARE CROOKS and were trying to recoup some $$$ they lost from scratching my dash!!!

All i wanted was a oil change, instead I wasted my time, energy, stressed me out, and ultimately had to fix it myself. I am thinking about sending a letter to corporate just to let them know LEXUS OF CERRITOS is running a scam. This is not the first time they have pulled something like this, last time they said I needed new brakes which wasnt true, but not a big deal.

Sorry I needed to vent...