IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 2010 is250 jacked from house last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 12:05 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by vanishedIS
Nope no word yet on the car. Police said I would be notified 24/7 if/when it was found.
My older car was stolen a couple years ago. The police said they'll notified me when the car was found. Never notified me after my car was located and sitting at the impound lot for a day. I called and one of the clerks at the police stations accidentally found a record of it being found while looking up some information for me. It was found in Phoenix; that might have something to do with it.

It was kinda weird, after it being found, the officer/detective assigned to my case shows disinterest when I call for information about prosecution. I called him 3 times, each time he answers, he will say he's busy and will call me back (while he sounds very friendly -- it sounds fake); I wait a couple days between each call, and he never calls back.
Old 07-02-13, 03:55 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

wow bro...sorry to hear that, crazy world we live in
Old 07-02-13, 09:40 AM
bboysunone
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope u find your car back in 1 piece. Sorry to hear
Old 07-09-13, 10:01 AM
vanishedIS
Driver School Candidate

Police found my car this morning....It was stolen about 2 weeks ago and according to neighbors it has been parked in their street for about a week. A neighbor called it in. It was in a very rough part of town, but I suppose the neighborhood could be worse.

The outside doesn't have much damage but it is pretty dirty so can't tell too much. The front got scuffed up a lot but nothing wreck like.

The inside is pretty trashy but could be much worse. They did smoke a lot in it leaving lots of burnt cigarettes and they freaking left the sunroof down for the past week! I think it has only rained lightly once in the past week but I was out of town for 5 days during the 4th of July weekend. They broke off the driver door lock piece on the outside which is weird considering they had the key. Then there was a hook that the cop said is used to break into cars. Almost like someone else came along the last week and broke into it again, but just a guess.

There is no power to the car whatsoever. Not sure if they messed with the engine/battery or not. I couldn't figure out how to open the hood with no power and didn't want to stay out there so I just locked it and called insurance.

The cop was nice to wait for me to come out there but once I got there, he was gone in about 3 minutes. He didn't ask for any information from me, didn't take any finger prints, etc. Basically he said he could have the car towed or leave it up to me. I told him I would have insurance tow it. I've seen cops spend more time on speeding tickets than he spent with me going over the car. O'well. Now I just have to see what Geico is willing to do to get the car back to not being clean again. I'm thinking this is going to tarnish my once perfectly clean VIN number.
Old 07-09-13, 10:20 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad u got ur car back. Its too bad some cops are just ****** like that. GEICO shiuld take good care of u. My 2007 250 had its wheels stolen then a year later was rear ended and totaled by a driver with no isurance. They took good care of me. While ure there u should bash in ur headlights so u can get a set of 2011-2013 leds :P
Old 08-09-13, 08:03 AM
RoyLPita
Rookie

Any updates?
Old 08-09-13, 12:56 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man. That's a shame. did they catch any of the thieves?
Old 08-12-13, 07:05 AM
vanishedIS
Driver School Candidate

I actually just got the car back from the body shop on Friday. Took Geico two weeks to get the adjuster out there for the supplemental inspection. They got it looking pretty good though.

No luck on the thieves. The cops did absolutely nothing in terms of finger prints, investigation, etc when the car was found so really no chance for them to get caught. However on Friday night when I was driving the car for the first time I was switching between audio modes and I realized there was a cd in the cd player. I've never used the cd player and it is a burnt cd titled "Rondeo Life". I took it out and put it in a plastic bag. I'm thinking about taking it to the police but after the zero interest they showed on taking prints when my car was found, I'm guessing they wont care.
Old 08-12-13, 09:18 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow that is crazy...thank god everything is fixed and running good so far. You cn take the CD to them but they won't do nothing especially that u got your car back and it's working well. I tell you this though if those thieves steal more cars and get away I bet the cops are going to wish they did a better job when they found yours
Old 08-12-13, 05:12 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you got your car back....cops won't do anything to try and get them. That's LOW priority to them now since there's so much violence and drug crimes out there. Sorry to hand it to you like that but you're lucky your car was found. There isn't enough resources to have cops on your case. Not trying to be a D*@K, just telling it like it is.
Old 08-12-13, 06:32 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by vanishedIS
However on Friday night when I was driving the car for the first time I was switching between audio modes and I realized there was a cd in the cd player. I've never used the cd player and it is a burnt cd titled "Rondeo Life".
dude, you got gipped. When my car got jacked and I got it back, I got a brand new stereo system because my OEM one was broken.
Old 08-12-13, 06:32 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Glad you got your car back....cops won't do anything to try and get them. That's LOW priority to them now since there's so much violence and drug crimes out there. Sorry to hand it to you like that but you're lucky your car was found. There isn't enough resources to have cops on your case. Not trying to be a D*@K, just telling it like it is.
Mariano is 100% correct! Glad that you got ur ride back
I still would do it, the system can still keep the finger prints, if those thieves do it again and get caught, this will be another conviction for them.
Old 08-13-13, 09:49 AM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

come back harder