IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tell me you like it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-13, 07:04 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its your car and if you like it that's what matter. I think the car has some strong points and some not. For example the Fsport badges and the other vinyl next to it. Car would be much cleaner without them.

I do like the wheels, sideskirts, and I actually like the exhaust sticking out like that
Old 07-24-13, 07:12 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default ...............

Not a fan of ANY tinted tails, hood is too over the top for this type of vehicle, looks out of place....lets say it does not flow well ......other than that nice ride!
Old 07-24-13, 07:16 AM
LateNyta
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You're on Air suspension? Don't tell me you drive around like this...

The hood doesn't look good, tinted tail lights belong on 90's mustangs, you'll be sorry if you scrape your bumper or sideskirts..gotta repaint entire side!

I do like the molded Wald Spoiler, and the rims are nice but the gold looks mustard and not race gold...

My old HRE's gold was the perfect shade

Old 07-24-13, 08:53 AM
adamdk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 100% honest opinion: hood looks like complete crap, tails tinted look bad, exhaust doesn't fit right, front fenders look messed up, front bumper fitment seems to fit poorly, stickers on windshield and front door, no front lip, rear bumper not my favorite.

I do like the awesome fitment and wheel choice!
Old 07-24-13, 09:17 AM
VIPIs350
Driver School Candidate

Looks awesome!! A lot of work you put into it I see.
Old 07-24-13, 09:24 AM
o7iS250
Pole Position

Hood, tail lights, stickers on front door ! I always thought about molding my side skirts, this makes me want to even more
Old 07-24-13, 09:45 AM
vapid2323
Pole Position

Yeah, I agree its your car and I can see you put lots of time and money into it. But IMO a Lexus should be classy, this just looks too ghetto.
Old 07-24-13, 10:13 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks great and decently put together. Keep in mind folks, not everybody mods their cars the same as yours and it's nice seeing something a bit different. I personally don't see a reason for a front lip at all if this is indeed on coils.

The only thing that is a bit out there is the hood, which if I recall another member has a pretty decked out IS with similar fashion which everybody loves (not naming names). Not sure what all the hate is about, I do agree that the tinted tails may need to go back OEM style maybe a light smoke (one coat) so the red still shines through. It could def use a wash and wax and remove those stickers asap, only thing JDM on that car are the visors.
Old 07-24-13, 10:22 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Im sorry but its too much..
If you were going to go with the CF hood I would expect performance and not VIP.
I do like your isf Bumper and grill looks like the original Altezza especially with the yellow fog.
The vinyl roof and cf hood should have been finished off with the CF trunk or at least vinyl that.
ya not a fan of the smoked tails either it makes the car look cheap. I would go with JDM like or red it out and or replace red leds for the rear reflectors if you are going for the VIP look.

Other than that your car looks alright meh, you need to stick to 1 theme.
Old 07-24-13, 10:30 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks very aggressive. As others mentioned there are a couple things I'm not a fan of but overall it's sick. Love the molded skirts. Haven't seen that in a while. Never seen it on a Lexus.
Old 07-24-13, 10:30 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's different is what I would say!!
Old 07-24-13, 11:05 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Those side skirts look 10x better when they're molded, nice touch. Personally I'm not a fan of the hood, but I never really liked any aftermarket non-OEM style on ANY car. Not a fan of the heavily tinted tails either, in my opinion it would look better with an even, lighter tint. Same with the bumper reflectors. I'd also pull the exhaust tips in to sit flush with the bumper cutouts, but again that's just personal preference.

Its always nice to see a car that sticks out. I'd rather see this than yet another ISX50 with a GFX kit and Vossen/Velgen/Varrstoen wheels and tires stretched to sht. Yes those cars are beautiful and classy, but I enjoy the occasional change-up!

Btw I'll name names, the other member with the wild hood that everyone seems to be fine with is heyarms. Maybe its just because he's done extensive performance upgrades?
Old 07-24-13, 04:39 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 07-24-13, 05:17 PM
maniacbob
Driver

On a scale of 1-10:

Head turner: 10

Swag: 0

Everything else looks good, but hood gotta go. Looks out of place.
Old 07-24-13, 06:37 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Not a fan of ANY tinted tails, hood is too over the top for this type of vehicle, looks out of place....lets say it does not flow well ......other than that nice ride!
yeah i think this is a more accurate description. i dont think the car is hideous like some folks are saying, but, i dont think it flows very well together. maybe had the car been black and everything blended it would look way sicker

looks like more an aggressive track car setup but being on air and having a deeper lip wheel gives it a VIP type look. those two looks clash on any car. if it was me and going for more an aggressive track look i would do 1pc work wheels and stayed static, then this would flow better.

or ditch the hood and go a more elegant VIP route. it just looks kinda "busy"

Quick Reply: Tell me you like it!