Search this Thread

Old 07-25-13, 05:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX_250
Awesome! Looked liked a blast.
It was. Ended way too soon

Originally Posted by rookieIS
pics looks awesome, thanks for sharing jared!
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
the stock wheels look way better with your current set up than your last set of wheels IMO, keep em on!
I've always been a fan of OEM 2008 Liquid Graphite

Originally Posted by dmvp29
We will be sad to see you leave the Lexus family, but the 550i is an excellent option for your next car That car is on my radar as well. I love the way the new 5 looks. Very classy and elegant.

I agree with your assessment of the 3IS. I'll be keeping my 2IS for many years to come and may look at BMW, Audi, or Mercedes down the road (although I may look at Lexus if the RCF or other F models pan out when I'm in the market!)
Well, we'll see. Since she's payed for and low miles I can't justify selling her. But maybe adding a 550i and/or a 2014 Mazda3 (I'm smitten lol)

Originally Posted by LateNyta
I live this lifestyle, thanks for sharing. I plan on making the trip in the 350 from VA to Arizona and hike the Havasu Falls and then head to Yosemite and take the northern rte through minesota and michigan and end up in NY for a couple nights then head back down to VA...it'll be like 7k miles total or something. I've lived in East Coast all my life and i want to drive in the west with the mountains, look so peaceful.
Oh wow! That's going to be a great drive. Never been to the East Coast, but I've done a lot of traveling from Washington down to AZ/NV and Lived in Colorado so the wide open roads, high deserts, and mountains are just wonderful.

Originally Posted by 600rr05
NICE vacation is always good and i'm loving the cabin...
Thanks, yeah it's pretty nice with all the ammenties they need like full kitchen, washer/dryer, 3 bedrooms + loft, soon adding a garage. My parents are actually going up this weekend to look at property an hour away, considering retiring up there.

Originally Posted by kumquatism
Your parts will live on in all our cars. Pics look great, Oregon sounds like such a nice place to escape to.
True, but very slowly am I parting out. Confused as to what ride I want lol. Yes, depending on where you are, once you hit 217 Tigard/Portland it gets a little congested but certainly areas like Crescent or Bend are very scenic.

Originally Posted by Gville350
Took a white-water rafting trip down the Deschutes River once; what a blast!

OR is my true home and I miss it from time to time. I also love the fact that our family's cabin at Fish Hawk Lake is always open for me when I visit.
True! love the Deschutes (love that word hah). I was born in Cali, had 8 homes here, 1 in Oregon, 1 in Colorado, and 1 overseas. But my parents are from Oregon and that's the one spot growing up and still now that has stayed consistent and feels like home. I know what you mean.

Originally Posted by chris07is
very nice...
thanks

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Awesome trip! Thanks for sharing Hoovey2411. I agree with your clean/classy v uber-mod. But you had (and still have!) one hell of a ride.

Although I cant agree with your Hockey choice, my GF screamed "hell yeah! :grunts: NorCal knows how to do it." when she saw it. She is sad to see the car slowly reverting back to stock though. GL on the V8! Should be a nice upgrade.
Yeah just enjoying the stockish look with some good grip abilities. Honestly I'd love to AutoX or 1/4 before summers end. People just add and add and add all these parts but don't use them. I've since gotten over my car has to look perfect ordeal. I love her and that's all she needs and still gets a bath at least once a week.

lol! You a Kings fan?! Don't worry I'm pretty level headed about my sports teams - try to be gracious win or lose.

Originally Posted by VIPIs350
Nice!! Nothing like a road trip.
Thanks! You can say that again!

Originally Posted by nosurprise
lol wut?
I think he meant when I part out, my parts will go to CL
Old 07-25-13, 05:12 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome trip slide show Jared. Cabin is beautiful and now I are why you love Ford! Looks like you had a blast and didn't need my spacer after all!
Old 07-25-13, 05:14 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by ncsu-tc
Oregon is a beautiful place to visit - I lived there for 6 years and ripped up most of the fun roads in the state with my S2000 crew. We stayed at Cresent Lake lodge a few years ago when we did our Crater Lake drive.

Next time you go up there you need to hit McKenzie Pass - amazing road that climbs from the valley at 1800 ft to the top of the pass at some 5200 ft.
Absolutely it is. My mom's entire side of the family lives in Aloha (between Hillsboro and Beaverton) and my dad's is from Washington but all live in Washington, Oregon, Cali, and Arizona. When I was really little we lived there so I haven't had the pleasure of terroring up too many roads. McKenzie Pass that's up in the Willamette National Forest if Im not mistaken. My parents are looking to retire in Bend which is about an hour away.

Originally Posted by don
I have a friend I'm visiting in Portland for Labor Day. Making the Portland-Seattle-Vancouver trek.
Great thing about that state is you can buy online, ship it to Oregon, and pick it up or have them ship it to you

If you're wondering, I bought a camera, which would have been $200 in tax.
Yes I love the no sales tax, and I LOVE Fred Meyer's. They get you in the property tax though

Funny enough, both my parents work for Chevron, both my aunt and uncle work as Pharmacists for Fred Meyer, and my other aunt and uncle work for AAA
Old 07-25-13, 07:48 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I like this
Old 07-25-13, 09:29 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Awesome trip slide show Jared. Cabin is beautiful and now I are why you love Ford! Looks like you had a blast and didn't need my spacer after all!
Thanks Mariano. Yeah it was great. Yup a Ford Family we are. Yeah I was happy I didn't have to use the spacer. I need to get those back to you

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
I like this
haha thanks!
Old 07-25-13, 09:38 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Must be nice to get over the my-car-needs-to-be-in-perfect-condition phase. I haven't quite gotten there yet and it hurts me a little bit when i take mine out for roadtrips. But with the release of the 3IS, im babying it less and less
Old 07-25-13, 09:54 PM
one2nite
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics!
GO LEAFS GO!
Old 07-25-13, 11:00 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

*likes*
Enjoyed the pics and scenery. Spending time with family in a pretty setting is priceless.
Agreed, love the stock rims on a lowered IS. The ultimate factory stealth look.

Now, about those plastered midges! Perhaps, lowered cars pick up more debris on the front because there's less room for air to sweep underneath the car (?). Or maybe midges hover closer to the ground and therfor a lowered car picks up the most.
Old 07-26-13, 12:05 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Glad to hear Oregon treated you well! Summers are almost prefect around here and yes clean and classy is a prefect combination.
Old 07-26-13, 10:08 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing pics of your vacation. Oregon and Washington are very beautiful states. Looks like you had a blast.

I'm planning on taking a road trip up the west coast in the near future as well.

IS still looks great clean and classy.
Old 07-26-13, 10:52 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 438 Likes on 361 Posts

That looks like an awesome vacation man. It's weird to see your car without the Vossens on it.

I love that Sharks hat! Where did you get it?
Old 07-26-13, 01:08 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 637 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
OR is my true home and I miss it from time to time.
I hate admitting it....now that I live in Paradise (aka Scottsdale, Arizona--been gone since 2011)...but I miss it, too. I travel back there a few times per year, though.
Old 07-26-13, 05:24 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by edgeucated
Must be nice to get over the my-car-needs-to-be-in-perfect-condition phase. I haven't quite gotten there yet and it hurts me a little bit when i take mine out for roadtrips. But with the release of the 3IS, im babying it less and less
It gets there. Iono, a combination of boredom, life priorities etc.. Still plenty of love though hah

Originally Posted by one2nite
Nice pics!
GO LEAFS GO!
Ugh I wanted you guys to beat Boston :/

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
*likes*
Enjoyed the pics and scenery. Spending time with family in a pretty setting is priceless.
Agreed, love the stock rims on a lowered IS. The ultimate factory stealth look.

Now, about those plastered midges! Perhaps, lowered cars pick up more debris on the front because there's less room for air to sweep underneath the car (?). Or maybe midges hover closer to the ground and therfor a lowered car picks up the most.
Those midges where EVERYWHERE . Up down north south 50 feet up. Next time I'll just ride the shoulder going 5mph maybe they won't explode hah.

Originally Posted by rcJten
Glad to hear Oregon treated you well! Summers are almost prefect around here and yes clean and classy is a prefect combination.
Oh yes, always does. Get's a little muggy up where my family is in Aloha but overall yes it's perfect.

Originally Posted by Initial G
Thanks for sharing pics of your vacation. Oregon and Washington are very beautiful states. Looks like you had a blast.

I'm planning on taking a road trip up the west coast in the near future as well.

IS still looks great clean and classy.
You can take 101 along the coast from Cali to Washington or straight up the I5, though It can get a little boring at some parts. "Little" detours like 58, 97, 395, 20, 22 and 26 can be quite scenic

Originally Posted by Kira X
That looks like an awesome vacation man. It's weird to see your car without the Vossens on it.

I love that Sharks hat! Where did you get it?
Thanks! Got the hat at none other than the Shark Tank!!

Originally Posted by 355F1
I hate admitting it....now that I live in Paradise (aka Scottsdale, Arizona--been gone since 2011)...but I miss it, too. I travel back there a few times per year, though.
Gotta love the West Coast
Old 07-28-13, 02:18 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

nice vaca... thanks for sharing i gotta get back out to the west coast
Old 07-28-13, 05:16 PM
ncsu-tc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Absolutely it is. My mom's entire side of the family lives in Aloha (between Hillsboro and Beaverton) and my dad's is from Washington but all live in Washington, Oregon, Cali, and Arizona. When I was really little we lived there so I haven't had the pleasure of terroring up too many roads. McKenzie Pass that's up in the Willamette National Forest if Im not mistaken. My parents are looking to retire in Bend which is about an hour away.

Yes I love the no sales tax, and I LOVE Fred Meyer's. They get you in the property tax though

Funny enough, both my parents work for Chevron, both my aunt and uncle work as Pharmacists for Fred Meyer, and my other aunt and uncle work for AAA

I lived in Beaverton for 6 years - right near Baseline and 185th. Very close to Aloha.