IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just got into a wreck... 06' BWB IS350

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 05:26 PM
Nsteezyy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the support guys!, Yes im okay which is really good. I am ordering the parts Tomorrow or Monday.
Has anyone replaced their radiator core support before? Is it hard? Might just take it to the shop...
And I will be doing a new front end most likely IS-F or something....
Old 09-07-13, 07:57 PM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
I thought frame damage equals totaled. Unibody and all.

Sorry to hear about the wreak BTW
No it doesn't. Body shops wouldn't have frame racks if that were true. Rails are repaired and / or replaced all the time. As for the OP's car, doesn't look any worse than needing a rad support.
Old 09-07-13, 08:03 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nsteezyy
I am ordering the parts Tomorrow or Monday.
Has anyone replaced their radiator core support before? Is it hard? Might just take it to the shop...
you should take it to the shop to get inspected at least before trying to fix it yourself. Its hard to tell what kind of damage was done without looking into the car. Modern cars now have crush zones that crumple and absorb most of the damage. If you don't get this repair properly, it could lead to serious consequences should something else happen.
Old 09-07-13, 08:13 PM
Nsteezyy
Driver

Originally Posted by ColtM4A3
No it doesn't. Body shops wouldn't have frame racks if that were true. Rails are repaired and / or replaced all the time. As for the OP's car, doesn't look any worse than needing a rad support.
Originally Posted by edgeucated
you should take it to the shop to get inspected at least before trying to fix it yourself. Its hard to tell what kind of damage was done without looking into the car. Modern cars now have crush zones that crumple and absorb most of the damage. If you don't get this repair properly, it could lead to serious consequences should something else happen.
Thanks fellas. Yeah I am hopefully taking it to a shop near my house tomorrow... Hopefully they are open. Thanks for all the support...
Old 09-07-13, 08:18 PM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Thanks for the support guys!, Yes im okay which is really good. I am ordering the parts Tomorrow or Monday.
And I will be doing a new front end most likely IS-F or something....
Past the center section that bolts in, the rest will be welded. You'd need to drill out spot welds to remove the old support. You'd need the underhood dimensions to X out the new support before welding it in. Plus recovering and recharging the A/C if the condensor is removed. Not a DIY for most.
Old 09-07-13, 09:15 PM
my1s250
Lead Lap

I had my bumper ripped off and hood dented and left fender bent,broken headlight total cost 10k...so maybe your will cost less.
Old 09-08-13, 12:29 PM
Gville350

Received 436 Likes on 387 Posts

Hoping nothing got pushed into the motor; I assume you are not leaking any fluids after the accident. Here's a quick listing from what I see that will need to be replaced :

*Radiator core support (bolt-on)
*Radiator + other bolt-on accessories...possibly a fan (guessing the radiator got bent here)
*Passenger headlamp + possible replacement bulbs
*Bumper cover
*Hood
*Grille surround (looks salvable perhaps)
*Assorted plastic clips and such broken that attach to the core support
Old 09-16-13, 05:01 PM
Nsteezyy
Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
Hoping nothing got pushed into the motor; I assume you are not leaking any fluids after the accident. Here's a quick listing from what I see that will need to be replaced :

*Radiator core support (bolt-on)
*Radiator + other bolt-on accessories...possibly a fan (guessing the radiator got bent here)
*Passenger headlamp + possible replacement bulbs
*Bumper cover
*Hood
*Grille surround (looks salvable perhaps)
*Assorted plastic clips and such broken that attach to the core support
Damn right on! Missed only 3 things! Both driver and passenger fenders, Hood hinges, and hood shocks... But good *****

Anyways! Good news guys! Insurance is coming to take a look at her in a day or two... Hopefully they don't question my exhaust...
Old 09-16-13, 06:31 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn right on! Missed only 3 things! Both driver and passenger fenders, Hood hinges, and hood shocks... But good *****

Anyways! Good news guys! Insurance is coming to take a look at her in a day or two... Hopefully they don't question my exhaust...
You'll be fine with the exhaust. That has nothing to do with anything. It's your fault I guess since you hit something. Either way, good luck.