IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation screen black! Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-17, 02:07 PM
Bigham
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdpdavid
I've read this thread up and down for the last few weeks. I've been on aliexpress several times and like sergeblr, asking a few of the sellers on there don't have them in supply when i ask them specifically for the IS. Or has anyone bought a board for the (1/2) or (2/2) and gotten it to work?

Anyone think they can help with leads?
I ordered a PCB display board from Aliexpress and MY NAVIGATION IS FULLY WORKING AGAIN!!!!

Best advice is to open your navigation system up and to take a picture of your original PCB display board thing so you can match it up with the ones on aliexpress.
Old 11-02-17, 10:44 PM
pdpdavid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigham
I ordered a PCB display board from Aliexpress and MY NAVIGATION IS FULLY WORKING AGAIN!!!!

Best advice is to open your navigation system up and to take a picture of your original PCB display board thing so you can match it up with the ones on aliexpress.
Mine's an '08. I've taken the center console out and looked in the back, and since there's only one blue connector, I assume it would exactly be like the pictures that whitebeast posted earlier.

Which seller did you purchase from? got a link?
Old 11-03-17, 05:40 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys my PCB board is out as well.

Can you please share links on where to buy the correct one for 07 2IS with Nav + ML DVD system (full option) ?

Many thanks
Old 11-03-17, 11:17 PM
1quickf4i
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Well, the problem you have is not the same. We are talking about the whole top unit went black, No A/C control or none of the buttons light up at night.
The problem you have is MAP ECU failure, This should be easy case and less money to fix it. You could also buy the NAVIGATION PLAYER to replaced your failure one.
Yeah since then none of hvac or a/c navi is off sounds like i need new pcb board read all the posts now, i have 2006 is there a specific one i should order
would this one work for my year, thanks
https://opuradio.com/products-detail.php?ProId=771
Old 11-04-17, 11:14 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

It’s good one. Buy it and you are good to go!!!
Old 11-05-17, 01:28 AM
1quickf4i
Driver School Candidate

It’s good one. Buy it and you are good to go!!!
Should i apply better paste like silver to it?
ok thank you

Last edited by 1quickf4i; 11-05-17 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-06-17, 05:54 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

That is what I did. Clean the fan, remove all the old paste, and apply new paste
Old 11-07-17, 04:54 PM
5nX37
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here. Black screen no Nav, HVAC, or reverse camera. Mine has been sporadic but lately has been occurring more often. Got an 06 IS350 non-ML. Are they all the same PCB or is it model specific? Pls help with source on how to find the part for this. Need it bad this is my daily and “winter is coming!”
Old 11-08-17, 04:15 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

PM me for more info. I could help you out on finding part for your car
Old 11-11-17, 09:02 PM
pdpdavid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1quickf4i
Yeah since then none of hvac or a/c navi is off sounds like i need new pcb board read all the posts now, i have 2006 is there a specific one i should order
would this one work for my year, thanks
https://opuradio.com/products-detail.php?ProId=771
did you get confirmation of a board? i sent them a message via alibaba, since they (same email and skype usernames) sell the same product on alibaba as well https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...712231137.html and they told me no stock. please let me know. thanks.
Old 11-12-17, 08:29 AM
1quickf4i
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pdpdavid
did you get confirmation of a board? i sent them a message via alibaba, since they (same email and skype usernames) sell the same product on alibaba as well https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...712231137.html and they told me no stock. please let me know. thanks.
Ended up paying little more but i got it shipped pretty quick installed and boom everything works again, applied the silver instead of that tooth rubbery paste. You guys been a big help thank you.
P.s. i've noticed the gold back plate was missing on this one didn't come with like the original or the picture showed.
Old 11-12-17, 11:03 AM
pdpdavid
Driver School Candidate

Ended up paying little more but i got it shipped pretty quick installed and boom everything works again, applied the silver instead of that tooth rubbery paste. You guys been a big help thank you.
P.s. i've noticed the gold back plate was missing on this one didn't come with like the original or the picture showed.
Thanks for the quick response that their board works, which in turn you get yours working again!
Old 11-13-17, 01:46 PM
5nX37
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default silver??

What do u guys mean by this?
Old 11-13-17, 09:11 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Nothing to worry about it. Lot of members here got it and confirmed it working great unless you want to pay little extra for local service with warranty
Old 11-14-17, 08:36 PM
pdpdavid
Driver School Candidate

Nothing to worry about it. Lot of members here got it and confirmed it working great unless you want to pay little extra for local service with warranty
whitebeast, just double checking, this one here should work, right? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...712231137.html

with alibaba/aliexpress having several days of sales, i can save a little and put it towards better/faster shipping. thanks.

Quick Reply: Navigation screen black! Help!!!!