IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New here - bought 2010 Lexus IS 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 11:29 AM
hybr1d
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also wanted to add, but of course it was a Certified used car with only 2 owners, which were loaner cars to companies
Old 10-07-13, 12:04 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hybr1d
I went to longo lexus in socal el monte. but i probably visited like 2-3 other lexus dealerships in socal, I actually didnt plan on buying that night i went, and i think the sales guy knew i was ready to leave.

Sticker price was 32, but managed to get the price down to 28k, but with tax came about 31k. I think I paid a bit much, and I wish i waited till they sold the 2014 so price wouldve gone down a lot more, but now that ive had my car, its my baby =D.
lol makes me not feel that paid cause with tax and everything mine was about the same, but 1 previous owner and it was a lease, I got 0$ down at 3.9% which is damn good since im only 21 and had my job for a little over a year. I kinda rushed into it, but i love my car, just wished i test drove a 350, 350c, or even and isf cause it was my first test drive and i had to have it i liked it so much.
Old 10-07-13, 12:17 PM
hybr1d
Rookie

Originally Posted by 510to808
lol makes me not feel that paid cause with tax and everything mine was about the same, but 1 previous owner and it was a lease, I got 0$ down at 3.9% which is damn good since im only 21 and had my job for a little over a year. I kinda rushed into it, but i love my car, just wished i test drove a 350, 350c, or even and isf cause it was my first test drive and i had to have it i liked it so much.
yeah same here, i decided to do $0 down also, since i didnt see it as benefitical since i needed to put down at least 20% to get it down .5%, i got approved for 2.4%, which surprised me since its my first car and my credit wasnt the best and im 25.

Yeah, i wish I got a 350 or ISF, but since i had specifics of what i wanted haha, i was picky, I had 3 things that needed to be met, 1. Certified used, 2. Exterior white, 3. Navigation , more harder combo than I thought it would be haha, since they only had 2 in those specifics unless i went brand new.

But welcome to the welcome family, you wont be disappointed =D
Old 10-07-13, 12:21 PM
510to808
Pole Position

yeah same here, i decided to do $0 down also, since i didnt see it as benefitical since i needed to put down at least 20% to get it down .5%, i got approved for 2.4%, which surprised me since its my first car and my credit wasnt the best and im 25.

Yeah, i wish I got a 350 or ISF, but since i had specifics of what i wanted haha, i was picky, I had 3 things that needed to be met, 1. Certified used, 2. Exterior white, 3. Navigation , more harder combo than I thought it would be haha, since they only had 2 in those specifics unless i went brand new.

But welcome to the welcome family, you wont be disappointed =D
did you do any mods yet ? I want coilovers and rims badly but im just concentrating on paying it off first haha. i kinda wish i got white exterior cause summer days my car got kinda hot luckily i live in the bay area so its not like texas or arizona heat but still black attracts heat. I just wish i test drove the 350 to see how much of a power difference was, but coming from a 91 honda accord, the is250 felt like a ferrari when i test drove it haha
Old 10-07-13, 12:39 PM
hybr1d
Rookie

Originally Posted by 510to808
did you do any mods yet ? I want coilovers and rims badly but im just concentrating on paying it off first haha. i kinda wish i got white exterior cause summer days my car got kinda hot luckily i live in the bay area so its not like texas or arizona heat but still black attracts heat. I just wish i test drove the 350 to see how much of a power difference was, but coming from a 91 honda accord, the is250 felt like a ferrari when i test drove it haha
Havent done anything extensive to my car yet, mostly looks for now.

First thing I got done a week or 2 after I bought the car was get tint haha, tint is a must in california sun, it already had tint but it was too light so i got darker.

Things ive done so far:
- Change interior done lights to led white
- Carbon Fiber vinyl roof wrap
- carbon fiber rear window spoiler
- Change license plate holders to standard lexus (instead of longo lexus plates)
- Plastic Dip Emblems in back to Black (Lexus logo, lexus, IS 250)
- Interior wood trim to carbon fiber wrap (Side windows controls, center console)

I just odered a rear Diffuser off ebay last night, so ill be installing that when it comes in.

Future upgrades:
-Change front top grill to honeycomb style (Annoys the heck out of me that top grille is different than bottom grill
- Change lights to either LED or HID
- Rims
- Some F-sport parts like sway bars

But of course everything is money, but since my lexus is my baby, its all i care about haha
Old 10-07-13, 01:07 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, you guys paid a lot. Maybe they are cheaper in Florida.
I paid for mine 21k RMM 2010 IS250 with 33k miles one owner. But I got it from private seller and credit union gave me 3.2%
Old 10-07-13, 02:38 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Lots of cool little things you can tweak with the 250.

Hold down the Trac button, located beside the ECT button on the right side of the steering wheel, to turn off traction control.

You can flip on the ECT PWR mode from the button mentioned earlier to get the transmission to shift more aggressively.

The tachometer has a built in "shift light" that you can set to come on at a specific RPM, same with the speedometer. You can search YouTube for a quick how-to guide I think.

There is a valet switch located right under the button to open the glove compartment. When this button is toggled, the only way to open the trunk is manually with the key. Nice if you have audio in the trunk or expensive cargo.
Old 10-07-13, 06:38 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Havent done anything extensive to my car yet, mostly looks for now.

First thing I got done a week or 2 after I bought the car was get tint haha, tint is a must in california sun, it already had tint but it was too light so i got darker.

Things ive done so far:
- Change interior done lights to led white
- Carbon Fiber vinyl roof wrap
- carbon fiber rear window spoiler
- Change license plate holders to standard lexus (instead of longo lexus plates)
- Plastic Dip Emblems in back to Black (Lexus logo, lexus, IS 250)
- Interior wood trim to carbon fiber wrap (Side windows controls, center console)

I just odered a rear Diffuser off ebay last night, so ill be installing that when it comes in.

Future upgrades:
-Change front top grill to honeycomb style (Annoys the heck out of me that top grille is different than bottom grill
- Change lights to either LED or HID
- Rims
- Some F-sport parts like sway bars

But of course everything is money, but since my lexus is my baby, its all i care about haha
Did you take your emblems off when you plastidiped them ? i wanna plastidip mine but i dont want it to get stuck to the paint or does it peel off, where did you order the rear window spoiler ?
Old 10-08-13, 08:26 AM
hybr1d
Rookie

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I paid for mine 21k RMM 2010 IS250 with 33k miles one owner. But I got it from private seller and credit union gave me 3.2%
Yeah sadly, california is always expensive =(

You can flip on the ECT PWR mode from the button mentioned earlier to get the transmission to shift more aggressively.
Yeah I always have my ECT PWR button on all the time, i think it affects like 3% of the gas but i think the extra boost is worth it

Did you take your emblems off when you plastidiped them ? i wanna plastidip mine but i dont want it to get stuck to the paint or does it peel off, where did you order the rear window spoiler ?
I just masked off around it, it peels right off to the emblems, but im seeing if my connections can get me black emblems so I can just replace it, but the shop where i got my vinyl wrap told me they can take off my emblems, dip it in long lasting paint so it looks oem and stick my emblems back on so i dont have to worry about chipping on the plasticdip.

I bought the rear window spoiler off ebay, mine is fake carbon fiber of course, but they have regular black on ebay, costs about $80
Old 10-12-13, 05:09 AM
RoyLPita
Rookie

Arrow I guess they are cheaper in Florida.

I bought my 2010 IS250 from a Beemer dealer in August w/39k for $21,700. The Premium package was a must. The bluetooth works great w/o NAV. Also, I haven't lost the XM radio signal yet. My last car with the Sirius would lose the signal under a tree leaf.
Old 10-12-13, 06:17 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RoyLPita
I bought my 2010 IS250 from a Beemer dealer in August w/39k for $21,700. The Premium package was a must. The bluetooth works great w/o NAV. Also, I haven't lost the XM radio signal yet. My last car with the Sirius would lose the signal under a tree leaf.
Yes, what's really hard to find here is IS350. I wish I could find one in the 2 months i searched for the car.
My car has nav, Hid and 18"wheels.
I have a loaner now 2014 as my car had a rattle and it;s at dealer. I swear I feel no need to get the third generation. (unless is is350)
They seems they cut cost on this last generation and I feel like ours is much better build.
On this 2014, the hood is so light, the trunk door has no weight. they removed the ashtray from the front but from the back as well, no sunglass holder, that nice gadget when the dash goes orange when you pass a certain RPM is gone as well. The power is absolutlly the same. Same engine, same transmission.
Old 10-12-13, 11:28 AM
RoyLPita
Rookie

Arrow

Yes, what's really hard to find here is IS350. I wish I could find one in the 2 months i searched for the car.
My car has nav, Hid and 18"wheels.
I have a loaner now 2014 as my car had a rattle and it;s at dealer. I swear I feel no need to get the third generation. (unless is is350)
They seems they cut cost on this last generation and I feel like ours is much better build.
On this 2014, the hood is so light, the trunk door has no weight. they removed the ashtray from the front but from the back as well, no sunglass holder, that nice gadget when the dash goes orange when you pass a certain RPM is gone as well. The power is absolutlly the same. Same engine, same transmission.
The 2014 model hasn't grown on me.

I would've liked a split fold rear seat in my 2010.

As for the IS350, I have only seen a few around my neck of the woods.