IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installed Pics of Lexus OEM Sport Pedals?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-13, 12:29 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by carlos3366
98 usd seems hi, do they ever go on sale?
lol that is a sale price...
Old 12-08-13, 09:08 AM
PRE4CHER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
lol that is a sale price...
Yeah considering I payed $120 for mine, I'd say thats a decent price! Btw George, I installed these on my 2013 a few months ago. The video makes it look WAY easier than it actually is. I was able to pull out the foot rest with a little muscle - you just have to get your hands wedged in on either side and be careful to not break the plastic caps that are on the inside of the foot rest when pulling it out.
The brake pedal was a pain in the *** and I was sweating like a fool by the time I got in on. Pulling off the stock pedal is easy. Putting the new one on is a bit harder. Most people have success with running a hairdryer over it for a bit to loosen the rubber molding which I did, but dude, even with that, it still takes a bit of prying to get on. Don't get discouraged
The gas pedal I couldn't get to the back nut easily enough and gave up after about 20 minutes. My hands are too big so I had a buddy of mine get in there and get it. He was able to do it with a basic socket wrench and extension. Popping out the pin is just like the video shows.
When you go to put the gas pedal back in, just be careful not to drop the nut into the center console siding. That would be a nightmare to get out. It looks great when finished. Posted a weak iPhone 4 pic below for anyone else to see. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Installed Pics of Lexus OEM Sport Pedals?-img_0487-1-.jpg  
Old 12-08-13, 11:10 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by PRE4CHER
Yeah considering I payed $120 for mine, I'd say thats a decent price! Btw George, I installed these on my 2013 a few months ago. The video makes it look WAY easier than it actually is. I was able to pull out the foot rest with a little muscle - you just have to get your hands wedged in on either side and be careful to not break the plastic caps that are on the inside of the foot rest when pulling it out.
The brake pedal was a pain in the *** and I was sweating like a fool by the time I got in on. Pulling off the stock pedal is easy. Putting the new one on is a bit harder. Most people have success with running a hairdryer over it for a bit to loosen the rubber molding which I did, but dude, even with that, it still takes a bit of prying to get on. Don't get discouraged
The gas pedal I couldn't get to the back nut easily enough and gave up after about 20 minutes. My hands are too big so I had a buddy of mine get in there and get it. He was able to do it with a basic socket wrench and extension. Popping out the pin is just like the video shows.
When you go to put the gas pedal back in, just be careful not to drop the nut into the center console siding. That would be a nightmare to get out. It looks great when finished. Posted a weak iPhone 4 pic below for anyone else to see. Good luck!
Thanks for pointers!!
Old 04-13-14, 06:07 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

I finally installed mine today. The video on Sewell's website is helpful.

Tools required:
Flash Light
Star screw driver. (Remove the panel)
10mm socket with swivel and extension. (Remove gas pedal)
Liquid that can act as a lube. (Brake pedal install)
Punch (Gas pedal removal)
Hammer (Gas pedal removal and install)
Cloth (Gas pedal removal and install)
Vise Grip (Gas pedal removal and install)

Here's some notes for those that plan on installing this in the feature.
Dead Pedal: (Foot Rest)
You simply pull on it.
The white clips that come on the F-Sport pedals will be used and you'll notice that your white clips might still be on the car once you pull the foot rest out. Turn them by hand or using a tool and they will come out.
If you break the white caps while pulling off the foot rest, that's OKAY, you're using the new ones any ways.
Take a vacuum and clean up whatever mess are in those holes.

Brake Pedal:
Put a cleaner on the inside which will act as a lube and will allow an easier install. (I used Meguiar's Natural Shine)

Gas Pedal:
Make sure you have the RIGHT punch. The punch with the X on it, won't work.
To get the 10mm nut off, a swivel is key and get a flash light so you can see where the nut is.
TAKE YOUR TIME taking that nut off, you don't want it to fall under the center console.
Keep the plastic on until the installation is complete.

This is not as hard as some people made it sound.

Old 04-14-14, 08:22 AM
PRE4CHER
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Brake Pedal:
Put a cleaner on the inside which will act as a lube and will allow an easier install. (I used Meguiar's Natural Shine)

Gas Pedal:
Make sure you have the RIGHT punch. The punch with the X on it, won't work.
To get the 10mm nut off, a swivel is key and get a flash light so you can see where the nut is.
TAKE YOUR TIME taking that nut off, you don't want it to fall under the center console.
Keep the plastic on until the installation is complete.
These are good pointers George listed out. I recently swapped my car for a 350 and re-installed the pedals this past Friday. 2nd time doing this was a bit easier since I had the right tools. I didn't have a Swivel so I used an extension with a universal socket and wrench and it came off in a matter of minutes. Best to just loosen like George says and then tilt the pedal and twist the nut off. Put back on the same way.
I used petroleum jelly on the back of the brake pedal this time and it slid on a bit easier. Still needed to muscle that thing on though. Not nearly as easy as the video shows.
Anyway, glad you got them on George!
Old 04-14-14, 11:07 AM
massaker
Pole Position

I have em and Love em!
Attached Thumbnails Installed Pics of Lexus OEM Sport Pedals?-pedals.png  
Old 04-14-14, 11:47 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love mine but word of caution, unlike the rubber ones the edges on these are much sharper. Not so forgiving on dress shoes
Old 04-14-14, 02:38 PM
colin415
Driver

here are mine installed
Old 04-15-14, 01:05 PM
Marcusvdw
Driver School Candidate

Mine