IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cam gear recall released!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-13, 06:07 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Okay, So I got the car back Monday (sorry for the late post but I doubt y'all were waiting to hear from me lol). The intake was in the same condition I left it. Clean and perfect. From another thread: So the recall went smooth. FYI they are not offering free labor on spark plugs. Luckily I had the waterpump replaced in which they did my sparks for "free."
Did they replace the water pump because you asked? I mean, if there isn't signs of leaking...would they still just replace it? Or did u have signs of leaking?
Old 11-28-13, 05:54 AM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I got my recall done a couple days ago. The dealer had the car for 2 days and did an oil change and tires.

I think my car seems to vibrate more at idle -- not sure if it's just in my head. Anyone feel any different? Otherwise, I don't notice much difference.

I got a regular 2014 ES350. Power is pretty good. I'm surprised at how much the handling seems to have improved compare to 2013 -- a lot less floaty feeling but still very smooth ride.
i feel the same thing behind lights?? did you ever went back?
Old 11-28-13, 08:40 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Called to book my appointment last week. They have me in for December 12!! Apparantly it takes 6-7 hours and there only booking 2 recalls a day. The girl also told me they would doing a recall on the trunk latch. My car has 128,000km on it and I know its due for new spark plugs. I'm going to try and see if they will replace them for free if I buy the parts. Only issue now is trying to get my car to the dealer with Michelin Super Sport pilots on. I don't drive mine in the winter so hopefully it will be clear that day, I don't want to have to pay for a flatbed to get it there and back.
Old 11-28-13, 09:00 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allicedout
I'm going to try and see if they will replace them for free if I buy the parts.
not gonna happen. Not only are they charging me 1 hour labour ($130) they wanted to charge me $29 per plug. Got them on sewell for $80 shipped to my wife's hotel in PA and saved myself $120 after taxes...

going in Dec 6th... fingers crossed
Old 11-28-13, 09:10 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Originally Posted by embolism
not gonna happen. Not only are they charging me 1 hour labour ($130) they wanted to charge me $29 per plug. Got them on sewell for $80 shipped to my wife's hotel in PA and saved myself $120 after taxes...

going in Dec 6th... fingers crossed
That is expensive! I guess I'll have them shipped from Sewell's to my cousin in NJ and have him ship it to me with my F-Sport intake I bought off ebay. I'm just worried there going to have the car in there and tell me the car needs a whole lot of this and whole lot of that. Hoping for the best along with dry roads!! I'm almost thinking used snow tires would be cheaper than a flatbed there and a flatbed back.
Old 11-28-13, 09:45 AM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

Dropped off mine today at Downtown Lexus Toronto. Asked SA to check the waterpump while they were under there. Luckily I just put the snow tires on last weekend.

Removed my f-sport intake prior to bringing it in
Got an RX loaner which is perfect because I need to pick up something from Ikea tonight.
Asked them NOT to "scatch".. Oh, I mean "wash" my car
Also getting the trunk release one done. I couldn't get winshield wiper one done because they said there was no fix available in Canada???? WTH? Isn't this just tightening a bolt.

Hope all goes well... Think I am the first one in Canada to get it done and post up on this thread.

Will keep you posted with my post-recall impressions. Hoping for a gain in power like someone else reported.
Old 11-28-13, 04:52 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

I figured I'd try to take a pic, should I ask them to check it out? I see a whiteish stain behind one of the wheels
Attached Thumbnails Cam gear recall released!-image-1246380968.jpg  
Old 11-28-13, 06:50 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by allicedout
Called to book my appointment last week. They have me in for December 12!! Apparantly it takes 6-7 hours and there only booking 2 recalls a day. The girl also told me they would doing a recall on the trunk latch. My car has 128,000km on it and I know its due for new spark plugs. I'm going to try and see if they will replace them for free if I buy the parts. Only issue now is trying to get my car to the dealer with Michelin Super Sport pilots on. I don't drive mine in the winter so hopefully it will be clear that day, I don't want to have to pay for a flatbed to get it there and back.
I think I read somewhere that dealers either give you a free loaner car OR offer flatbed pickup and delivery of the vehicle for recalls.
Old 11-28-13, 06:52 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g2bme
I figured I'd try to take a pic, should I ask them to check it out? I see a whiteish stain behind one of the wheels
they might've put some whiteout on the crankshaft pulley and block to mark where the crankshaft pulley was positioned
Old 11-29-13, 05:56 AM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

Okay so got my car back this morning.
No noticable loss of power.... No gain either.
Waterpump had no issues. It has 78k miles and still going.
They did not fill my gas tank up... I guess the Canadian dealership didn't get the memo on this.

Overall, I'm just happy that it won't be making that sound on start up anymore.
Old 12-02-13, 04:47 PM
LateNyta
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got my car back from doing the timing gear recall...i wasn't even aware it was going on till i went in for a whining noise sound...and they just took it and worked on it...

now i got the car back, seems to be slower...they also topped off my gas too, did they put 87 in there? car runs like ****
Old 12-09-13, 08:16 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

got my car back on Sat and it did seem slower just after leaving the dealer. They also left the power button on and I hardly use it so maybe they took it for a test run? Anyhow, I was a bit worried but it seemed better the longer I drove. Opened it up a bit later and she feels good.

Gonna be checking for leaks in the next few days and keep resetting the fuel gauge b/c it's running a bit high now (14L/100 km vs 10.5L/100km before I took her in).

The real test will be after I change my oil in the spring. I used to get a horrible rattle on first startup every time. This new check valve better have been worth it...

oh ya, no gas either... good thing I didn't show up with an empty tank
Old 12-09-13, 07:33 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got mine back from Lexus of Orlando. So far my car is great. Used to have the rattle on first start up every time too. Now there's no noise just like how it used to be. This is a Must do recall IMO
Old 12-10-13, 06:36 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Just got a call from the dealer, they will also be doing some wiper recall as well.
Old 12-10-13, 05:32 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by LateNyta
now i got the car back, seems to be slower...they also topped off my gas too, did they put 87 in there? car runs like ****
You know, I think the gas the dealer put in might be why some people get their car back and it's slower.

Quick Reply: Cam gear recall released!