Joe Z Intake Insall & Check VSC Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-13, 05:19 PM
wilsonwho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Z Intake Insall & Check VSC Light

Hey everyone,

I finally got my exhaust and intake on but I have a few questions during some events that occurred today. On my Joe Z Intake install, the hose seemed very loose and would slip off a couple of times even with the clip. I had to find a clamp and tighten it a lot to hold it in place. It's just a temporary fix for now but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I plan on replacing the hose because I think the stock intake stretched the hole of the hose a lot which is why it seems loose. Any input or experience with this would be nice.

The second thing I wanna ask is about the Check VSC, Check Engine, and Traction Control light coming all at the same time. Happened to me while I was driving today and I thought it would be my hose that slipped off, which it did and I tightened it back on and held it back, but the lights were still on. After about a half hour of driving, stopping and restarting my car multiple times, all the lights disappeared and my car was fine again. I'm not sure if it was because of the intake hose and it was trying to readjust again or if it is because I may have carbon build up or a misfire in my cylinder. I searched and read through multiple posts so I'm trying to figure out the cause of this. I drive a 2006 IS350 (69k miles) so I'm thinking it might be the spark plugs possibly as well. I know 250s are very prone to carbon build up but anyone have this problem with 350?

Thank you all in advance for your responses, any help is good.
Old 10-27-13, 05:30 PM
Tarrant64
Pole Position

I thought at some point you needed to disconnect the battery and reset everything. Specifically with the intake.
Old 10-27-13, 05:33 PM
wilsonwho
Rookie

Oh. I already did that. Let it run on idle for 10-15min right after the install to let the airflow recognize.

Or did you mean right after my hose got unplugged during my driving today? Cause then I guess that makes sense as well since it slipped off and I didn't disconnect/reconnect it after.
Old 10-27-13, 05:45 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarrant64
I thought at some point you needed to disconnect the battery and reset everything. Specifically with the intake.
No you don't have people just do it. I know I didn't unplug my battery I just replace it. To the OP see if it comes back or not. It can't be carbon build up. If it does come back get a code reading. You wont know what it is without a reading.
Old 10-27-13, 07:20 PM
wilsonwho
Rookie

Alright, thanks guys. It's been off and hasn't occurred again, but I'm still gonna get it checked. I def need to replace the hose since it is very loose and it'll probably slide off again in the near future.
Old 10-28-13, 04:18 PM
wilsonwho
Rookie

So my car wouldn't start today and I had to jump it to get my battery running. Don't know what this could be, but I was wondering if anyone could chime in? Also, does anyone know the exact name of the part I'm trying to replace. (It's the hose that connects to the nipple of the intake)
Old 05-26-16, 04:04 PM
Amerdt4
Driver School Candidate

Any resolution here ?
Old 05-26-16, 08:16 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

There is a vacuum hose that connects to the intake tube. Make sure its connected. Some folks on here will say the fActory clamp will hold just fine. That was not the case for me and other owners as well. I replaced the factory clamp with a screw type and cured my problems. It will cause the traction light to come on.
Old 05-26-16, 08:24 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

And if your battery is original from 2006 it may need to be replaced. Oem is panasonic?????? So look there first. I put a meter on mine and checked out ok. But the " cold cranking" amps is the number that was low. ( according to auto zone). It may be just a coincidence. Ps , i met friends for dinner and have a buzz: just saw that you noticed the hose issue. That is your problem. Go to auto zone, buy a screw type clamp, and get your battery tested at the same time. And the 350 does not have the carbon build up issue. Hope this helps. Prost!