IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A friend wants to buy me car, how much should I Offer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-14 | 08:04 PM
mier
Rookie

Originally Posted by cxc511
Based on your location and the statement about the car being a little underpowered for your liking, I would sell it. My brother had a BMW in Manhattan and when he did the math, the car cost an absurd amount per use just to have around for the weekend. If you find you are really missing a car, you can always buy another one and upgrade. I would also check Auto Trader and see what the market looks like for private party listings as a another reference point on price.
Its my friend's friend. Im thinking to sell it for 22k. I dont know if its overpriced.
Old 01-19-14 | 07:45 AM
cxc511
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mier
I live in Brooklyn and its park in my garage. i work in midtown and i take subway everyday except on the weekend i drive my lexus. My dad has Acura TSX too and he barely drive it. The only thing that bothers me that is I still like it its a beautiful car and I keep it very nice. It looks exactly like the picture i post 2 years ago.

No question there is an emotional attachment that can come with a car that you take pride in. Glad to hear the car is still looking good, as I found keeping a car in nice condition in the NYC metro area to be nearly impossible! Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-19-14 | 08:23 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

I live in Brooklyn and its park in my garage. i work in midtown and i take subway everyday except on the weekend i drive my lexus. My dad has Acura TSX too and he barely drive it. The only thing that bothers me that is I still like it its a beautiful car and I keep it very nice. It looks exactly like the picture i post 2 years ago.
Its my friend's friend. Im thinking to sell it for 22k. I dont know if its overpriced.
I'm convinced you definitely have to sell. In a few years, when you do need a car, you will find something just as beautiful, and will not have shelled out all that $$ insuring and storing your car.

I think that based on the KBB, $22K is plenty fair for you, and market for your buyer.
Old 01-19-14 | 09:18 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

I would check autotrader to see how much dealers sell it and go few thousands under them. Chances are they won;t have a fully loaded like you have. Keep in mind that yours is quite rare with all those options. It's really the best approach I thing as KBB is ofter off with it's value.
I agree you should sell it. The insurance cost alone is very high I bet for NY.
Old 01-19-14 | 12:46 PM
mier
Rookie

Originally Posted by cxc511
No question there is an emotional attachment that can come with a car that you take pride in. Glad to hear the car is still looking good, as I found keeping a car in nice condition in the NYC metro area to be nearly impossible! Good luck with your decision.
I really like CL, People here make reasonable comments and they really try to help others. Thanks again. I will update them to see what they think about the price.
Old 01-19-14 | 12:47 PM
mier
Rookie

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I would check autotrader to see how much dealers sell it and go few thousands under them. Chances are they won;t have a fully loaded like you have. Keep in mind that yours is quite rare with all those options. It's really the best approach I thing as KBB is ofter off with it's value.
I agree you should sell it. The insurance cost alone is very high I bet for NY.
Insurance cost me 1k for half years and for past half year i probably put 1-2k miles on it.
Old 01-19-14 | 12:48 PM
mier
Rookie

Originally Posted by tex2670
I'm convinced you definitely have to sell. In a few years, when you do need a car, you will find something just as beautiful, and will not have shelled out all that $$ insuring and storing your car.

I think that based on the KBB, $22K is plenty fair for you, and market for your buyer.
I will update u guys how my sell goes. thanks again for ur opinion and help.