IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-14, 01:30 AM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teins if your really looking for performance, I've been working with them for a long time. They work great, I find that BC and Megan are only good for those seeking the "stance" look. But if you are more for the performance, spend the money Teins work great, KW would be another good set.
I've got a custom set of Teins super street they haven't failed me I used my car daily and tracked it a few times.

Overall it depends on what route your going for your car. But if you're going for performance can't go wrong with a set of Teins.
Old 03-06-14, 06:45 AM
Jmonsini57
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone like I said I'm going to look into the awd and stanced problems alittle more but I'm from ma and ma roads are terrible so that's another main thing is I need a durable set that can handle a pothole or two lol
Old 03-06-14, 07:20 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=mrkim;8415808]Teins if your really looking for performance, I've been working with them for a long time. They work great, I find that BC and Megan are only good for those seeking the "stance" look. But if you are more for the performance, spend the money Teins work great, KW would be another good set.
I've got a custom set of Teins super street they haven't failed me I used my car daily and tracked it a few times.

Overall it depends on what route your going for your car. But if you're going for performance can't go wrong with a set of Teins.[/QUOTE

Really is that so? Do your research man, BC Racing is one of the TOP COILS on market. Dont just make comments based off of what you like and make it out to be the better product at the end of the day. Your comment is based solely off your opinion. OP take what he said with a grain of salt and know his comments on bc isnt factual info.
Old 03-06-14, 07:57 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I run BC BR type coilovers with 12k front and 10k rear Swift springs. They were custom valved for the upgraded springs, and they ride very smoothly. The roads in my city are *****, I've hit a few potholes and experienced no issues yet. They have also been through two winter seasons, both about 4-5 months long, and both with -40 to -50 degree Celsius conditions. With the colder weather, the dampers don't preform as well, but they are still a very solid coilover. As far as ride quality goes, it is definitely stiffer than OEM suspension by a long shot, but it is a comfortable kind of stiff. The GF told me she couldn't tell I changed the suspension until I told her about it. I believe I paid $1350 from vendor CircuitMS, and they come with a 1 year warranty.

To my understanding, Tein SS are very soft, so you'll get a more OEM feeling ride, but if you're going low, expect to bottom out a lot. And don't expect to run any kind of aggressive wheel setup.

I get vibration when stopped, but to me its minimal. Again, not something the GF notices. You will get a wobble when accelerating from a stop when lowered, but aftermarket toe adjustment arms and a proper alignment to bring toe back to zero should help.

If you have any questions, do a google search first. Much of this has been covered many, many times before.