IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How to ship a large bundle of items?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 01:34 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default How to ship a large bundle of items?

So I tried searching for the right place to be posting this but couldn't find anything like this. Sorry in advance, although these are is250 parts.

Onto the real topic, my friend needs to ship a bundle of car parts to me, which includes:

Invidia Midpipes
Megan rear camber kit and toe arms
Bc coilovers
Full body kit
Wald spoiler
Cold air intake

She doesn't know how to ship such big objects and neither do I. I did some thread searching and found that greyhound is cheap but can be unreliable and of no help. Should she just buy tons of cardboard and self wrap them up. I'm located up north of cali and she's in socal if that helps and any tips from people with experience is much appreciated. Since I'm shipping tons of items that are lightweight, it shouldn't be too high priced right. And is it better to fit all of these items into like one big box (with cushion) or separate them.
Old 04-17-14, 01:47 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Be cheaper to drive down and pick up. The bodykit it's safe might run her over $200 to ship cause they go by weight / height/length/ and width.
Old 04-17-14, 02:32 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laobo979
Be cheaper to drive down and pick up. The bodykit it's safe might run her over $200 to ship cause they go by weight / height/length/ and width.
Ok thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to see if it's convenient to head down there this weekend. 8 hrs and especially with a large suv that does 17-20mpg might be about the same price for gas expenses.
Old 04-17-14, 04:51 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

8hrs you must be heading to Diego. You can fit all parts in your IS. I put a full kit in my car no problem.

Last edited by laobo979; 04-17-14 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-17-14, 06:13 AM
Jesse350IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoyOhBoy
So I tried searching for the right place to be posting this but couldn't find anything like this. Sorry in advance, although these are is250 parts.

Onto the real topic, my friend needs to ship a bundle of car parts to me, which includes:

Invidia Midpipes
Megan rear camber kit and toe arms
Bc coilovers
Full body kit
Wald spoiler
Cold air intake

She doesn't know how to ship such big objects and neither do I. I did some thread searching and found that greyhound is cheap but can be unreliable and of no help. Should she just buy tons of cardboard and self wrap them up. I'm located up north of cali and she's in socal if that helps and any tips from people with experience is much appreciated. Since I'm shipping tons of items that are lightweight, it shouldn't be too high priced right. And is it better to fit all of these items into like one big box (with cushion) or separate them.

Make a vid of those Invidia Midpipes when you install them ! Been debating if i wanted to switch out my F sport exhaust for this setup... !
Old 04-17-14, 08:08 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You can fit everything in your car I think. Use the ski-pass through in the rear seat for the midpipe and sideskirts, then recline the passenger seat down to fit the front and rear lip. Wald spoiler in the backseat, coilovers in the passenger footwell, intake and Megan stuff in the trunk.

Congrats on the pickups, I saw that thread and would have picked up everything you did, minus the midpipes, but I'm in Canada. Even if you do ship everything it still works out to be a great deal.