IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS250 3GR-FSE Swap - Possible???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-16, 10:57 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice job buddy.I believe we have the same power now although i believe after what happened to me your choice is safer.I hope you enjoy it.If i dont mind me asking how much did the engine cost you?
Old 09-10-16, 11:00 AM
is350uk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3gr-fse swap

Originally Posted by PAVGR
Nice job buddy.I believe we have the same power now although i believe after what happened to me your choice is safer.I hope you enjoy it.If i dont mind me asking how much did the engine cost you?
I paid £950 for the engine, the place I bought it from says it has 38,000 miles but I highly doubt it but theses engines are very well made and can go alot of miles with proper service, what happened to your setup?
Old 09-10-16, 01:03 PM
PAVGR
Racer

It seems that it got lean and I lost one cylinder.Thank god I had a spare engine and I installed everything back on.The question is why it got lean to my set up and not to the guy I took the kit from!Anyway if I knew your set up will work I would defenatelly go this route!I really love the procharger sound so I ll try it one more time!I saw a YouTube video with a 3grfse supercharged and its great!I m not sure that the stock ECU can handle all that extra power though!
Old 09-10-16, 01:13 PM
is350uk
Driver School Candidate

Default 3gr-fse swap

It seems that it got lean and I lost one cylinder.Thank god I had a spare engine and I installed everything back on.The question is why it got lean to my set up and not to the guy I took the kit from!Anyway if I knew your set up will work I would defenatelly go this route!I really love the procharger sound so I ll try it one more time!I saw a YouTube video with a 3grfse supercharged and its great!I m not sure that the stock ECU can handle all that extra power though!
You will probably blow it again sinced nothing has changed, you should try the fuel enrichment device that they sell that wires to your lambda sensor into tricking your ecu to give the car more fuel, boosted engine needs a richer ait fuel ratio that naturally asperated engines, the devise sell in the USA for about $200 and may worth a try
Old 09-10-16, 01:18 PM
is350uk
Driver School Candidate

Default 3gr-fse swap

[QUOTE=is350uk;9614481]You will probably blow it again sinced nothing has changed, you should try the fuel enrichment device that they sell that wires to your lambda sensor into tricking your ecu to give the car more fuel, boosted engine needs a richer ait fuel ratio that naturally asperated engines, the devise sell in the USA for about $200 and may worth it

Www.splitsec.com
That's the link for the device, check out there website
Old 09-10-16, 01:48 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Thank you buddy for the help but I m confused because my buddy's car always showed 11,2 on his plx gauge at full and that s reach mixture as I know.An other guy installed a Rotrex supercharger and he also sees rich mixture in his device.How can mine be lean?
Old 09-10-16, 01:51 PM
PAVGR
Racer

What year was the 3gr-fse engine you found?
Old 09-10-16, 01:54 PM
is350uk
Driver School Candidate

Default 3gr-fse swap

What year was the 3gr-fse engine you found?
Maybe that injector isn't working right, my guess is as good as yours, do you have a air fuel gauge? The engine was from a 2008 GS 300 and I also fitted the 4pot brakes and brake discs which are direct bolt on
Old 09-10-16, 02:12 PM
PAVGR
Racer

I will install the gauge this week .Do you believe that not having an exchast have anything to do with it?My buddy had a full exchast and the other with the Rotrex had deleted the secondary cats.
Old 09-10-16, 02:15 PM
is350uk
Driver School Candidate

Default 3gr-fse swap

I will install the gauge this week .Do you believe that not having an exchast have anything to do with it?My buddy had a full exchast and the other with the Rotrex had deleted the secondary cats.
Oh yes you do need an exhaust system
Old 09-10-16, 02:21 PM
PAVGR
Racer

I really don't like noise in the car.I have a family and it s very annoying in the road trips.I never had a problem in the winter with the car.It was driving great.The problems started on summer season.It really gets hot in Greece.I m not sure what the cause was
Old 09-10-16, 02:25 PM
is350uk
Driver School Candidate

Default 3gr-fse swap

I really don't like noise in the car.I have a family and it s very annoying in the road trips.I never had a problem in the winter with the car.It was driving great.The problems started on summer season.It really gets hot in Greece.I m not sure what the cause was
Those systems need a full exhaust
Old 09-10-16, 08:46 PM
PAVGR
Racer

I ll see what I can do.You should make a 0-100 video to see how your new engine doing!Congrats again buddy!
Old 09-29-16, 07:58 AM
almrlon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
What material did you have the flywheel made out of? I have been considering doing something similar to remove the dual mass flywheel.

The ratios of the RA62 are closest to the stock IS350 ratios when used with a 3.73 differential. 4.10 (or similar) will be a nice boost to the acceleration, but will likely cost you some fuel mileage.

Jeff
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum but have followed and found many good tips for my 2008 IS250 6Spd.

I'm also interested in adding some HP to my IS as well and like this route of going 3gr-fse. Will the stock diff have to be swapped out as well?
Old 09-29-16, 09:49 AM
almrlon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by is350uk
I paid £950 for the engine, the place I bought it from says it has 38,000 miles but I highly doubt it but theses engines are very well made and can go alot of miles with proper service, what happened to your setup?
Please post pictures/video of your 3gr-fse installed. Also what clutch/diff did you use? or did you used the stock ones? this is a nice setup I also wanna do. Thanks in advance...

Quick Reply: Lexus IS250 3GR-FSE Swap - Possible???