IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 08:21 AM
PhAtXSuMo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srt1
I have an appointment this Sat to have mine installed AND they're giving me a loaner for 24hrs! Pleasanton CA is the only, so far, I trust. Will also take pics before and after.
Make sure you take pictures of the vents just to mak sure everything lines up correctly
Old 03-24-16, 02:10 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Thanks bro, I'lll make sure to inspect everything for correct fitting
Old 03-24-16, 11:23 PM
sulten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my dash replaced the same day i took it in " they had one in stock" now waiting on the panels
Old 03-25-16, 09:31 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

been waiting well over a year for rear doors. Already had front dash and doors replaced. Those are higher priority at least
Old 03-25-16, 10:14 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Amber350
Has anyone is the Miami area gotten door panels replaced? If so, could you post some pics.
I called lexus of north Miami for her 2008 IS250 and they told me its about a year wait to have it replaced.
Old 03-25-16, 05:45 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
I called lexus of north Miami for her 2008 IS250 and they told me its about a year wait to have it replaced.
I've been waiting on Lexus of Kendall for more than a year. I'll go in and see if I can talk to a service manager to find out where am I on the list.
Old 03-27-16, 10:06 PM
Beer4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been close to a year, and I'm still waiting for parts with Northside Lexus here in Houston. My wife's 08 IS250 door panels are all grey (she has a black interior), and very badly scratched up due to the soft/melted plastic. We need to get these panels replaced if we have any hope of re-selling the car later this year. I'm not sure what the friggin' hold up is, because the 09 panels should swap right in I would think...
Old 03-28-16, 06:13 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer4me
Been close to a year, and I'm still waiting for parts with Northside Lexus here in Houston. My wife's 08 IS250 door panels are all grey (she has a black interior), and very badly scratched up due to the soft/melted plastic. We need to get these panels replaced if we have any hope of re-selling the car later this year. I'm not sure what the friggin' hold up is, because the 09 panels should swap right in I would think...
I know the feeling, I've been waiting on Northside Lexus since the end of 2014. I called the other day to where we are with it, advised that I was #97 of 300....I called the other dealers in the Houston area just to see what they were saying. Most of them admitted that they have not done a single dash replacement yet, muchless door panels. I would say a year wait is a bit optimistic, seems like another year maybe.

Of course who knows if any of that is true, I think they just make up a new story every time I call. My rep will give me one explanation, but you can call back and get a different run around answer from everyone in there.

Last edited by Tungstn-IS; 03-28-16 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-28-16, 08:25 AM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer4me
Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS
I know the feeling, I've been waiting on Northside Lexus since the end of 2014. I called the other day to where we are with it, advised that I was #97 of 300....I called the other dealers in the Houston area just to see what they were saying. Most of them admitted that they have not done a single dash replacement yet, muchless door panels. I would say a year wait is a bit optimistic, seems like another year maybe.

Of course who knows if any of that is true, I think they just make up a new story every time I call. My rep will give me one explanation, but you can call back and get a different run around answer from everyone in there.
6+ months from Westside here. Every time I call back they just say "we'll call you when we have the parts in".
Old 03-28-16, 09:25 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
6+ months from Westside here. Every time I call back they just say "we'll call you when we have the parts in".
Did Westside require you to come in for an inspection to get on the waiting list?
Old 03-28-16, 09:26 AM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Did Westside require you to come in for an inspection to get on the waiting list?
Yup, they inspected it and told me I qualified to replace dash + 4 doors.
Old 03-28-16, 09:31 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
Yup, they inspected it and told me I qualified to replace dash + 4 doors.
Northside didn't even require me to bring it in to look at. I wonder if that's a crock, or if they were ok with it because I had been dealing with them and corporate for a long time about trying to get them replaced before they issued the warranty enhancement.

Maybe I should call again and see what they tell me this time. Maybe I'm going up on the list, not down haha
Old 03-28-16, 09:41 AM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Northside didn't even require me to bring it in to look at. I wonder if that's a crock, or if they were ok with it because I had been dealing with them and corporate for a long time about trying to get them replaced before they issued the warranty enhancement.

Maybe I should call again and see what they tell me this time. Maybe I'm going up on the list, not down haha
Did you call them ahead of time, or did they tell you about the recall? I visited the dealer myself since the previous owner bought it from that specific dealer, but didn't update the ownership until I visited them.
Old 03-28-16, 10:47 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Well I've been back and forth with them for years trying to get it replaced. I had just about given up on it when the letter showed up for the warranty enhancement. Then I called them and they just threw me on the list, allegedly anyway.
Old 03-31-16, 09:02 PM
Adziu
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just bought my 07 IS250 AWD and it came with the cracked dash. I took it to the local Lexus dealer in Chicago and they did the recall for the fuel pressure sensor or something related to it and my service advisor said they will replace it under recall. 2 months he told me it would be on backorder but he called me yesterday saying the dash came in and to bring the car in on Monday before closing and they would give me a service loaner while they replace my dash with the new one. Looking forward to that new dash !

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!