IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 05:20 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

They would need to inspect it to see if you're eligible for the replacements.
Old 05-05-16, 06:09 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
Just got a call from Westside Lexus today to tell me my 4 door panels were ready for an install, so I will be bringing my 350 in tomorrow morning to get them changed. I might get a loaner for the time being since I need to head to work right after, but the rep told me the "dashboard hasn't been manufactured" yet. Has anyone else been told this too?

Anyways, just happy something can get replaced. Wait time was 7 months though lol.
Maybe I need to head over there. I've been on the list at Northside since 2014, still nothing
Old 05-05-16, 06:49 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a call from Westside Lexus today to tell me my 4 door panels were ready for an install, so I will be bringing my 350 in tomorrow morning to get them changed. I might get a loaner for the time being since I need to head to work right after, but the rep told me the "dashboard hasn't been manufactured" yet. Has anyone else been told this too?

Anyways, just happy something can get replaced. Wait time was 7 months though lol.
I, on the other hand, had my dashboard replaced months ago now I am still waiting for the door panels to come in. It looks like different dealer has a different story.
Old 05-05-16, 02:50 PM
SwedeMetal
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys have pics of examples of what your dashes looked like?
Old 05-05-16, 06:24 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Look back in the other pages
Old 05-05-16, 08:38 PM
is250san
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm. when i bought my 2is a month ago. i was cleaning the interior and i notice there is lint literally stuck on the dash and it won't come off. has anyone had that problem? and did your car qualify for a dash replacement?

i came across this thread and contacted the previous owner about the recall letter. he said he did received a letter from lexus about the dash replacement but never took it in because the dash didn't "melt".
Old 05-06-16, 12:31 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Update: got my car back, very satisfied with my door panels. Having being given a loaner 2016 RX350 for a day, I found that the faux leather actually matches the texture I found in the RX; not sure if this means that they made it better actually, or if this was how Lexus fake-leather always is. I wouldn't know, since my 350's leather was sticky ever since I got it.

That said, it seems Lexus replaced the ENTIRE door panel. I honestly was expecting them to just rip out the sticky bits, but it looks like they also replaced the actual leather armrest on the door as well as the handle too (this is my educated guess because my previous door handle had scratches in the silver paint). So far I'm pretty satisfied, but I guess we'll see how the newer panels hold up or if the sticky dash problem arises again.

For reference, here's the new door panel (sorry I don't have before pictures, but there was a huge piece of faux-leather that was chipped out of my door handle before).

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-c70k6mz.jpg

And here is my current dash, unchanged, with its sticky/shiny gleam.

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-hryrl07.jpg
Old 05-06-16, 12:37 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 220 Likes on 184 Posts

Update: got my car back, very satisfied with my door panels. Having being given a loaner 2016 RX350 for a day, I found that the faux leather actually matches the texture I found in the RX; not sure if this means that they made it better actually, or if this was how Lexus fake-leather always is. I wouldn't know, since my 350's leather was sticky ever since I got it.

That said, it seems Lexus replaced the ENTIRE door panel. I honestly was expecting them to just rip out the sticky bits, but it looks like they also replaced the actual leather armrest on the door as well as the handle too (this is my educated guess because my previous door handle had scratches in the silver paint). So far I'm pretty satisfied, but I guess we'll see how the newer panels hold up or if the sticky dash problem arises again.

For reference, here's the new door panel (sorry I don't have before pictures, but there was a huge piece of faux-leather that was chipped out of my door handle before).
]
I believe the only thing that's brought over from the old door panels is your window switches. Everything else is new since it's one piece IIRC.
Old 05-06-16, 12:39 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Zmon
I believe the only thing that's brought over from the old door panels is your window switches. Everything else is new since it's one piece IIRC.
That makes sense, my window controls had the same scratches on it lol.
Old 05-06-16, 12:48 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

I agree; it would make no sense for Lexus to piece-by-piece replace only the bad parts on each door panel. Looking forward to getting mine! Cracking and stickiness is getting ever so worse!

The new dash is looking brilliant though!
Old 05-06-16, 12:50 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Gville350
new dash is looking brilliant though!
Doors* . But yea I can't wait on the dash replacement as well.
Old 05-06-16, 05:36 PM
Tketrns
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Dash replaced, now i need my door Panels

It was about December last year when i first came to flow Lexus in greensboro, NC to get my car looked at to see if my dash panels could be replaced. The original service advisor said that "oh yeah, you need the dashboard and all four doors", and then i waited, and it wasn't until march of this year i was able to get he dash replaced, i am still waiting for the doors, lol my car would look way nicer with the panels. i cant wait for mine to come in, and all four panels. Maybe i will get lucky and get an 2016 rx to drive instead of the nx.
Old 05-07-16, 06:25 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

When they replace the door panels, do they replace the complete door panels? For example, do they replace all the door switches and stuff? I'm only asking because I broke my passenger front window up down switch and was wondering if I should go ahead and purchase a new one, or wait for it to be replaced with the door card.
Old 05-07-16, 08:49 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

[QUOTE=ColdFusion;9475760]Update: got my car back, very satisfied with my door panels. Having being given a loaner 2016 RX350 for a day, I found that the faux leather actually matches the texture I found in the RX; not sure if this means that they made it better actually, or if this was how Lexus fake-leather always is. I wouldn't know, since my 350's leather was sticky ever since I got it.

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-c70k6mz.jpg

Lucky you with those new door panels, I've been waiting for mine to be replaced for...ever
Old 05-07-16, 12:35 PM
trippy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

funny how they said no recalls on the weekend...when i did all my recalls on the weekend ? pretty funny lexus of newport

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!