IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-17, 06:21 AM
iJHolmes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

recently bought an 07 IS250. I know for mine it technically ended in may, but have a friend at a lexus dealership. So i'm going to ask if i can still get it done somehow. My dash looks awful.
Old 10-19-17, 12:46 PM
HartFB
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So just to clarify, if I were take my '06 is350 in for a dash i'd be out of luck?
Old 10-20-17, 06:47 AM
XSV
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Just called my local dealership and they haven't received any door panels and don't have an ETA of when they will get them....
Old 10-20-17, 06:41 PM
ihateu3
Pit Crew

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I just bought a used 2008 IS350, is this only for the original owner of the vehicle?? If I am able to get it done as well, how do I go about doing it?
Old 10-20-17, 07:34 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by ihateu3
I just bought a used 2008 IS350, is this only for the original owner of the vehicle?? If I am able to get it done as well, how do I go about doing it?
It doesn't matter who is the owner, it's tied to the car. Stop by your Lexus dealer and ask. Primary coverage for the extension ended, but secondary coverage is supposed to last 10 years from the first date of service for the car so they should be able to put you on the list.
The following users liked this post:
markleyj32 (11-11-17)
Old 10-23-17, 05:34 AM
bdazzler
Rookie

Default Nope applies to any owner

No, sir, applies to any owner. I bought a Camry Hybrid back in April as the old Lexus is not doing so well. Did a search on how to fix the sticky dash but found some info on it, that the extended warranty ended at the end of May. I called anyway! The lady I spoke with said it ends the end of this year, so anyone who's on the waiting list for parts I would call your local dealer, they are STALLING!

Contact Toyota at 800-331-4331 instead of Lexus. The lady I spoke with at that number was very helpful, you'll need your VIN. Here's a couple of links I posted other places on these forums but again, try the TOYOTA number:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10182264-to...-ending-in-may
https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...shboards.shtml

Best of luck!

Old 10-24-17, 08:06 AM
XSV
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by bdazzler
No, sir, applies to any owner. I bought a Camry Hybrid back in April as the old Lexus is not doing so well. Did a search on how to fix the sticky dash but found some info on it, that the extended warranty ended at the end of May. I called anyway! The lady I spoke with said it ends the end of this year, so anyone who's on the waiting list for parts I would call your local dealer, they are STALLING!

Contact Toyota at 800-331-4331 instead of Lexus. The lady I spoke with at that number was very helpful, you'll need your VIN. Here's a couple of links I posted other places on these forums but again, try the TOYOTA number:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10182264-to...-ending-in-may
https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...shboards.shtml

Best of luck!
Yeah, i"m sure they're in no hurry to give out free cosmetic parts and labor for older model cars. Probably hoping the car breaks down before the "get the parts."
Old 10-26-17, 10:55 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got my '06 IS 350 back from the dealer. All new door panels and it looks great. I had no idea how bad the originals were until I picked up my car. My goodness. I have a new car again. Well......sort of new. Still has 92,000 miles on it. The dash pad is next but still no time table on that.
Old 10-26-17, 04:19 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
I just got mine replaced. Looks great. No noticeable gaps etc. However, there is a unremovable black mark on my driver side pillar. It looks like they were using that as a guide to line up the dash.
i have same black on A pillar. It's the melted grease oils from old dash soaking in for the last few years. Probably no way to remove unless you replace the pillar cover.
Old 11-01-17, 01:39 PM
ihateu3
Pit Crew

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I just called my local Lexus dealership, they ran my VIN and told me that the dash replacement expired in May of this year..
Old 11-06-17, 05:11 AM
bdazzler
Rookie

You wasted time talking to a dealer IMO. They just don't want to do the work for what Toyota is going to pay them. Contact Toyota at 800-331-4331 instead of Lexus. The lady I spoke with at that number was very helpful, you'll need your VIN.

It's worth 5~10 minutes to get a new dash, no???

I just called my local Lexus dealership, they ran my VIN and told me that the dash replacement expired in May of this year..
Old 11-10-17, 03:14 PM
boatpix
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had two LS460 door panels replaced today...

Two more are on order for the back doors.

At first the dealer wouldn't help me, out of warranty and I reminded them I called them right away and was pushed off just like the Toyota dealer did with my van but eventually fixed. So, I figured I'd give them a littler service money. I think if you take the car in for an oil change and a VIN scan and update so that you give them some money and then ask about the stickies they are likely to help you. That's what I did. My glove box is cracked and looks bad. Under the armrest that console is gooey and chips taken out of it. During the oil change the dealer emailed pix of my interior. After the oil change the local dealer service said the parts were on order the other day and it would be awhile. The next day a phone call came after the service from the girl trying to make sure you had a good experience (I think to prepare you for J.D. Power's call) I suggested that "I DID NOT HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE BECAUSE MY GOOEY SITUATION WITH THE INTERIOR." She was taken aback by this and sprung into action. Miraculously, parts arrived very rapidly and installed very rapidly as if that girl went straight to the owner and J.D. Power. Well at least the dash and the front two doors. Unfortunately, I've found if you raised your voice, etc. Ask for a manager, etc. I was once told by the valet girl that it's late and there aren't any managers so I raised my voice and dropped the name of the owner and low and behold they actually could summon a manager with a card that says he was some sort of service manager. I suppose we all do this to some degree in our own lives and businesses.

Regardless, the previous poster suggested I call Toyota Corporate and I spent 25 minutes on the phone with them. Gave them the VIN, told them that two doors and the dash were replaced today and that the back door panels are on order. Suggested that my dash and the center console have visible and embarrassing defects and asked if they could be replaced as in any future sale the car will have diminished value or end up somewhere as a taxi. From the VIN they already had my email and phone and they were going to put a case worker on it or I could pay for it myself and ask for reimbursement. I laughed at the latter suggestion suggestion and will see what the case worker says. I do have an LS500 on order and I'm obviously not going to keep both cars so this becomes a financial transaction to them and I. the Mercedes S450 just hit showrooms and I already drove that the other day on a demo. I have three used Lexus vehicles (LS460, RX300, SC430) and made it a point to mention that to dealer, Toyota and Lexus. Interestingly, the call back girl from the Lexus dealer asked where I service my cars and I said I service them myself as the dealer is about 30 minutes away without traffic and 60 minutes with traffic and of course roundtrip doubles that. I also pointed out that I was charged $75 to change a lightbulb and that maybe that was rhetorical, a question that doesn't need an answer.

As there is a second lawsuit that pertains to there lack of performance on the first lawsuit I'd think now is time to press. Start with an oil change...
​​​​​​​
Old 11-11-17, 08:49 AM
1baddam
Driver School Candidate

Just bought my 2006 IS350 last weekend and thought it was odd the dash was sticky. The car has 58,000 miles on it, I guess I'm SOL for getting it replaced?
Old 11-11-17, 11:04 PM
markleyj32
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i read everything corrently i may still have a chance? 07 is250

Ill call toyota and give them vin number and ill call lexus and stop by a dealership that i have gone to previously
hell ill even pay for the oil change through them if need be.
Old 11-20-17, 12:31 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

When I received the “warranty enhancement” letter on the dashboard and the door panels, they were VIN specific. Toyota has prepared to replace the dashboards and door panels which were melting and disintegrating, so there stands a chance that Toyota-Lexus Corporate will approve the replacement.

The probability of approval relies on the Lexus Dealer’s petition to approve your car. Yes the Dealer, after all they are the ones generating income for Toyota.

Which means if you use your Lexus dealer for service (or like buying a Lexus extended warranty is a BIG plus), you will probably succeed in Lexus approving the repair in goodwill, if the period of application has expired.

Good luck to some of you who found the recall-warranty enhancement late, it is worth a try.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!