IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-18, 10:05 AM
calbeeze
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DMV350
It sounds like you were probably just too late, as there's no way they would otherwise deny you with the blatant symptoms you're describing. Best chance now is contacting Lexus corporate.
Forgive me for being a little miss informed. But can someone give the info to get started with Lexus Corporate?
And Yes, that is what the service rep. at the dealer said, that I was too late to have something done. The problem with that is, I just got the car back from a divorce decree, because she no longer wanted it. So she gave it back to me not too long ago, and it's been that way for a while.
Old 02-23-18, 12:20 PM
DMV350
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by DMV350; 01-16-19 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-28-18, 03:12 PM
talbin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my dash replaced today but I am still waiting on all 4 door panels. I have been waiting 16 months so far and talking to the service advisor it sounds like Lexus still does not have a date for my door panels.

I was also told it looks like Lexus is prioritizing states with hotter climates. My service advisor talked to a dealership on the east coast and they have gotten a fraction of dashes and doors compared to what my dealership has gotten.
Old 02-28-18, 04:56 PM
Flick2JZ
Driver

Originally Posted by talbin
I just got my dash replaced today but I am still waiting on all 4 door panels. I have been waiting 16 months so far and talking to the service advisor it sounds like Lexus still does not have a date for my door panels.

I was also told it looks like Lexus is prioritizing states with hotter climates. My service advisor talked to a dealership on the east coast and they have gotten a fraction of dashes and doors compared to what my dealership has gotten.
What year IS do you have? I went to the two local dealerships last year about my 08 dash, both turned me down and said my cracking/melting didn't apply.
Old 02-28-18, 05:24 PM
talbin
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2006 but I had my car evaluated by my dealership about a year and a half ago so I was already in the system for a replacement.
Old 03-01-18, 09:26 AM
Renrutjw
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I started my discussion with Lexus of Jacksonville 3 YEARS AGO regarding door panels after receiving the "Warranty Enhancement Notification". Initially I was told they were going to do the ES models and then the IS (not sure how true that was) and that they would be in contact with me when the parts showed up. I made it a point to email the service manager quarterly for an update ( that's a lot of emails over 3 years) and he did his best to keep me informed but was essentially handcuffed by Lexus since the parts simply weren't available. Well folks patience paid off and we got the call last week that the dash and four panels were in! They installed yesterday and look just like they did they day we bought it back in 2008. Don't give up, be persistent. Here's the before picture, you already know what the after picture looks like. Kudos to Lexus of Jacksonville too - perfect install
Old 03-28-18, 03:03 PM
HybridHB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have been on the wait list for 3 years and just got a call from lexus of orlando saying that they are ordering my door panels. No eta on when they will arrive but its progress!
Old 04-16-18, 07:16 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Got the call today....finally my door panels have arrived...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Scheduled it for Sat 4.21.18 I am very very happy!!
By the way it was around 1.5 years of waiting!

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 04-17-18 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 04-17-18, 10:32 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

My local friend just got his new panels installed a couple weeks ago and he is just now noticing that his driver's side only there is like nearly a half inch gap between the tweeter casing (door panel itself) and the black door surround piece directly behind it. Anyone else notice this? Mine does not have this issue. Was just curious; his is a 2007 and mine a 2006.
Old 04-18-18, 07:59 AM
flynryan
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I emailed Lexus of Mission Viejo the other day and they called me back within 4 hours saying they didnt have the fronts but did have the rears. They scheduled me an appointment and had the install done by the end of the day plus the car was washed and all vacuumed out. My front door panels will be done when they get their next batch in. GOOD JOB LEXUS OF MISSION VIEJO!
Old 04-20-18, 01:33 AM
Quad150db
Driver School Candidate

Got a call from two dealerships on Wednesday within a half hour of each other telling me that all 4 door panels were in. Dropped off the car today in South Florida. Hoping this means others are getting the call in Florida as well.
Old 04-23-18, 07:44 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

After what felt like one million years ...everything has been replaced, new dash and all 4 door panels! I am soooo excited!!
My panels were not that bad just a lil sticky by the tweeter areas front, rear were good. Dash was very sticky mainly around the hard to reach areas front glass.

I have an 06 and for car manufacturer to go ahead and do this its simply amazing. Go Lexus!
The following users liked this post:
meteoro (04-25-18)
Old 04-30-18, 12:50 AM
jgoorn
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
After what felt like one million years ...everything has been replaced, new dash and all 4 door panels! I am soooo excited!!
My panels were not that bad just a lil sticky by the tweeter areas front, rear were good. Dash was very sticky mainly around the hard to reach areas front glass.

I have an 06 and for car manufacturer to go ahead and do this its simply amazing. Go Lexus!
Same it's amazing, I just had mine done and now all panels are new, but my passenger front which just got replaced is now having tweeter issues, it sounds like it vibrates at loud volumes making a squeaky noise. I've got an appointment scheduled today I'll update with how the dealership handles it.
Old 04-30-18, 05:28 AM
bdazzler
Rookie

They had to due to lawsuits. The dashes caused some accidents due to sun hitting it and the glare caused people not to be able to see at times. It happened to me but not enough that I would cross the centerline or whatever but I could see where it could cause a driver to hit a car in front or something crosses the road.

I told people earlier to call Toyota call center not the dealer. One would think the dealer would want to expedite cause they get labor fees reimbursed, most likely at reduced costs, but I think they're very much neutral and would rather do other work. Plus Toyota corporate probably wants some, if they delay, vehicles to die via use/mileage, mechanical issues, accidents which total vehicles.

If I'm a Toyota or Lexus owner who still hasn't had anything done, I'd call the Toyota number I provided maybe 3~4 pages back and complain. Mfgs can always get sued again....

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS

Old 04-30-18, 08:21 AM
jstites
Driver School Candidate

Default Years later...

Originally Posted by bdazzler
They had to due to lawsuits. The dashes caused some accidents due to sun hitting it and the glare caused people not to be able to see at times. It happened to me but not enough that I would cross the centerline or whatever but I could see where it could cause a driver to hit a car in front or something crosses the road.

I told people earlier to call Toyota call center not the dealer. One would think the dealer would want to expedite cause they get labor fees reimbursed, most likely at reduced costs, but I think they're very much neutral and would rather do other work. Plus Toyota corporate probably wants some, if they delay, vehicles to die via use/mileage, mechanical issues, accidents which total vehicles.

If I'm a Toyota or Lexus owner who still hasn't had anything done, I'd call the Toyota number I provided maybe 3~4 pages back and complain. Mfgs can always get sued again....
I finally had mine done last week. a couple of years ago I was so frustrated I did call the call center and I was told "The parts are big, it takes a while". Customer service at it's finest..

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!