IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-18, 01:12 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not quite a 2 year wait but my '06 is finished!! New door panels and a new dashboard. WOW. It looks so great again. No more of a nasty, sticky, faded and cracked interior. A 12 year old car with over 95,000 miles and Lexus stood up and fixed it. Good for them.
Old 04-30-18, 01:38 PM
Zosopage
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally I was quoted about a year to get a replacement dashboard and four door panels. I heard nothing after a year, so I called in twice to get a time estimate and never got a call back after the dealership said someone would. I ended up calling the parts department to see if anything was in stock. Parts was able to tell me that everything was available. I called back to the service department to make an appointment and mentioned that parts were available. I don't think I would of got a call anytime soon unless I mentioned to them the parts were available. There never seemed to be a rush to get it done. I came in for my appointment and it took about 2 days to finish everything. Everything looked amazing except a large gap near my navigation. I made another appointment to replace it again and it took about a day before I was able to pick it up. Overall, I am happy that Lexus was able to replace everything. I highly recommend calling into the parts department to see if it is in stock and mention it to the service department. I doubt the dealerships are eager to get these done.
Old 05-01-18, 09:41 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So they replaced my door and panel and must have broken my ML tweeter because they installed a pioneer tweeter. I'll post pictures when I can this is absolutely terrible service from Park Place Plano in Texas and if you are getting this done there think twice. They also didn't clean the windows which were covered in sticky door panel residue and I had to complain about that to get anything done. Hopefully this ends well, I'm extremely pissed and cannot enjoy listening to music for the time being as the pioneer speaker is most likely receiving too much power and it's rattling/squeaking. It looked fine from first glance and you can only tell from loud volume usage (where the ML system shines and the pioneer lacks).
Old 05-01-18, 10:51 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm having major noise problems with my dash since the replacement. Some area above the "60 mph" mark on the gauge cluster is squeaking like crazy on cold temp. days. No matter what I press on, it remains. But not there when temps warm up. I don't know how I'm going to point that out to the dealer throughout the summer. And now something between the left side air vent and the coin holder on the far left side of the dash is making a nasty rattle over bumps when the weather is warm. It's so distinct, I'd have to guess something could be broken inside. Very hard to reproduce, but it's a very loud sound when it happens. All the above is going to be impossible for them to replicate and I'm not looking forward to this, especially since my gauge needles have been replaced and they'll likely point to that work as the culprit.
Anyone have a plastic-sound rattle above the speedo since having the dash replaced? I tried tightening the screw above the cluster, but it just spins endlessly, which I think it's supposed to (?).
Old 05-02-18, 05:44 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I'm having major noise problems with my dash since the replacement. Some area above the "60 mph" mark on the gauge cluster is squeaking like crazy on cold temp. days. No matter what I press on, it remains. But not there when temps warm up. I don't know how I'm going to point that out to the dealer throughout the summer. And now something between the left side air vent and the coin holder on the far left side of the dash is making a nasty rattle over bumps when the weather is warm. It's so distinct, I'd have to guess something could be broken inside. Very hard to reproduce, but it's a very loud sound when it happens. All the above is going to be impossible for them to replicate and I'm not looking forward to this, especially since my gauge needles have been replaced and they'll likely point to that work as the culprit.
Anyone have a plastic-sound rattle above the speedo since having the dash replaced? I tried tightening the screw above the cluster, but it just spins endlessly, which I think it's supposed to (?).
And I thought my dash rattle was off too, anyhow take it back to the dealer that did it I've asked them to fix the speaker (manager admitted he didn't know I was right until I showed him) and there's a 1cm gap between my passenger front door panel and dash and about 4 dog hairs of space between the drivers side and dash. I asked for my nav to be recentered as well. Let's hope I don't have to go back again. I had to call Lexus corporate to get them to listen to me, the manager said and I quote," I know you said the tweeter but" and just trailed off. How am I supposed to trust them? In terms of dash rattle mine happens over bumps from 5 mph to 120mph some squeaky noise from drivers side and passenger side.
Old 05-03-18, 07:25 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoorn
So they replaced my door and panel and must have broken my ML tweeter because they installed a pioneer tweeter. I'll post pictures when I can this is absolutely terrible service from Park Place Plano in Texas and if you are getting this done there think twice. They also didn't clean the windows which were covered in sticky door panel residue and I had to complain about that to get anything done. Hopefully this ends well, I'm extremely pissed and cannot enjoy listening to music for the time being as the pioneer speaker is most likely receiving too much power and it's rattling/squeaking. It looked fine from first glance and you can only tell from loud volume usage (where the ML system shines and the pioneer lacks).
the new panels come with new tweeters. If they didn't order based on your VIN and just got a Non ML set, then you get a pioneer tweeter.
Old 05-03-18, 07:33 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

I had mine doene with Lexus of OP, same owner as Jax. They had mine dash like 1 year after I signed up when program started, I turned it down since I wanted panels at same time.
when I did the airbag recall last year, they went ahead and did dash since it was bad and they removed dash for airbag anyway.
they probably didn't want to redo the install when dash was already out. Get paid for both jobs and only do it once was probably the techs thinking.

they got my panels about 2 weeks later, that was a quick installation. Like 20 minutes in and out, no wash.
Originally Posted by Renrutjw
I started my discussion with Lexus of Jacksonville 3 YEARS AGO
regarding door panels after receiving the "Warranty Enhancement Notification". Initially I was told they were going to do the ES models and then the IS (not sure how true that was) and that they would be in contact with me when the parts showed up. I made it a point to email the service manager quarterly for an update ( that's a lot of emails over 3 years) and he did his best to keep me informed but was essentially handcuffed by Lexus since the parts simply weren't available. Well folks patience paid off and we got the call last week that the dash and four panels were in! They installed yesterday and look just like they did they day we bought it back in 2008. Don't give up, be persistent. Here's the before picture, you already know what the after picture looks like. Kudos to Lexus of Jacksonville too - perfect install
Old 05-03-18, 11:10 AM
tenaciousF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sewell did my door panels last week. They originally said 2 years wait, but called after about 6 months.
Old 05-13-18, 04:58 AM
damascus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Lexus dealer also suggested the wait may take years. Mine were delivered and installed in just 3 months!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sm07ZkQrOKeGpoFb2
Old 08-18-18, 07:03 AM
QtrBillion
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOBs wouldnt do my door panels, just the dash as at that time there wasnt a standing order issued to do so, even though they conceeded that my drivers side door was starting to evidence issues. Going to go back again.
Old 08-18-18, 07:51 AM
QtrBillion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AliIS
Can anyone confirm this is USA only?

My canadian dealer told me they use different materials in USA for the dash and door panels.

I find that kind of hard to believe?
They are bs'ing you. My car was built in Canada and has this issue. Dash already replaced. Now need to push again on the door panels.
Old 09-08-18, 01:23 PM
QtrBillion
Driver School Candidate

These are the vehicles that will be covered with the warranty extension:

Toyota
4Runner 2003-2005
Avalon 2005-2010
Camry/HV 2007-2011
Sienna 2004-2010
Solara 2004-2008

Lexus
ES 350 2007-2008
GX 470 2003-2008
IS 250/350 2006-2008
LS 460 2007
RX 330 2004-2006
RX 350 2007-2009
RX 400h 2005-2008s[/QUOTE]

As of September 2018. I was told by corporate that my 2004 RX 330 is NOT covered for the now "melting" door panels. Had dash done under this program several years ago (was tacky and began cracking... Noting that my 1970 vehicle has no dash cracks), but conveniently, they say my RX model is NOT on the list, yet when queried as to where said "list" can be viewed, they indicate that it is not published for public consumption.
Old 09-28-18, 01:48 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

After the long wait like everyone, I finally got all 4 door panels for my IS250 replaced today. With this done, along with dash replaced, engine rebuild for the carbon build up, my 2007 IS250 is getting newer and newer . Awesome!

Old 09-28-18, 04:36 PM
cherishzm
Pit Crew

I was late in the game and didn't meet the deadline to call the dealer to make an appointment to replace dashboard last year. When I called the dealer they said to contact Lexus to see if they would make an exception and honor dash/door panel replacement but I was only offered free dashboard part and labor out of pocket. Can anyone tell me if they got dashboard/door panels replaced after the deadline?
Old 10-01-18, 11:41 AM
bdazzler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TakaM
After the long wait like everyone, I finally got all 4 door panels for my IS250 replaced today. With this done, along with dash replaced, engine rebuild for the carbon build up, my 2007 IS250 is getting newer and newer . Awesome!

Nice, I tried to tell people to call the Toyota # I posted instead of dealing w/ dealers. They don't get paid full retail but do make money on this and the parts but it's not in their interests to do this work instead of a regular customer who's paying way too much for labor and parts at a dealer.

It's up to Toyota to push the dealers to get this stuff done. Only reason they're doing it is because they got $ued!

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!