IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

If you squeeze the TPMS it registers pressure pretty easily. Anyone use this method?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-15, 10:53 AM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeffrimerm
hehe sorry I probably rambled on too quickly as I was leaving the office. Each sensor is sending a radio signal to a receiver at the ecu that deals with tire pressure. If any one of them is not broadcasting or says low pressure then your light will go on. Right now you are missing all 4. You need to get all 4 from somewhere like ebay or Lexus(crap-ton of cash I think). I bought Toyota ones since Toyota, Lexus, and Scion are the same company. "PMV-107J" is the model I searched with. They have a serial number with 7 distinct digits for each one. Put the model in a search in ebay and you'll find tons. Then get a "Mini VCI 16 Pin OBD2 Diagnostic Cable for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Cable+CD". You can probably just put Diagnostic cable for toyota techstream in a search and get tons. I paid $26. Then load the software onto a computer with Windows 7 or older that is only 32 bit. Most new computers have 64 bit operating systems so for some reason the software doesn't work on 64 bit. I PM'd you my phone number in case you need me to talk you through it. I found out I had to get a paper clip and touch pins on where the OBD cable plugs into on the car to allow the system to work. Not sure why but it worked. If you get some tpms sensors and the cable just call me. If you happen to be driving through Pasadena stop by and I'll help

Jeff
Thank you Jeffrimerm!

Lots of Jeffs on the board.
Old 02-03-15, 12:42 PM
Jeffrimerm
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subliime
Thank you Jeffrimerm!

Lots of Jeffs on the board.
This is the Club Lexus Jeff section
Old 02-03-15, 02:35 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harper7
I'm kind of surprised with all the wiring gurus with the wiring diagrams on here that nobody on here has figured out what wire is turning on the TPMS light on the instrument cluster from the TPMS ECU.Far as I know,the TPMS sensor is just a pressure switch that sends a radio signal to the TPMS ECU that then sends either a pos or ground to the gauge cluster to trigger the light.

Most of the Toyota 4x4 forums have mods that splice the wire so they don't get the light when they air down for offroading and/or put it on a seperate simple switch to use the TPMS as needed for different wheels. Here is the one for FJ's and the 4Runners/Tacos have a similar one ........ http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...pms-light.html
Oh and coincidentally I have a 2014 FJ Cruiser as well.