IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ipod / XM / Nav Question 2008 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-15, 08:46 PM
BrandoAU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod / XM / Nav Question 2008 IS350

I purchased this vehicle recently used (obviously). It has XM and an iPod interface as well. They iPod works on SAT1. XM works on SAT2 and SAT3. Everything works great for the most part. The steering wheel controls operates fine. When controlling an iPod on SAT1. TYPE moves through the playlists, but it seems to only show 10 songs as a playlist. For example, ALL SONGS shows as a bunch of different playlists 10 songs each. It only shows a couple of the actual playlists on my iPod. Has anybody had any experience with this? I have no idea what brand is installed. I am just trying to get some information about the model from the Lexus dealership that sold and installed the adapter/adapters. If anyone has had any experience with a system that sounds like this, how is best to setup the iPod to get all your music? I should reiterate that this has the NAV system.
Old 02-12-15, 10:34 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandoAU
I purchased this vehicle recently used (obviously). It has XM and an iPod interface as well. They iPod works on SAT1. XM works on SAT2 and SAT3. Everything works great for the most part. The steering wheel controls operates fine. When controlling an iPod on SAT1. TYPE moves through the playlists, but it seems to only show 10 songs as a playlist. For example, ALL SONGS shows as a bunch of different playlists 10 songs each. It only shows a couple of the actual playlists on my iPod. Has anybody had any experience with this? I have no idea what brand is installed. I am just trying to get some information about the model from the Lexus dealership that sold and installed the adapter/adapters. If anyone has had any experience with a system that sounds like this, how is best to setup the iPod to get all your music? I should reiterate that this has the NAV system.
If you have XM and iPod up on your Nav screen ,then most likely it's from VAIS and consider yourself lucky. http://www.vaistech.com/site/home.php

No idea on your interface problems with the ipod but the way to find out for sure you would have to take the NAV out and see what's hooked up to it and doubt the dealership would know. Maybe you could get them to pull it to find out. If not ,plenty of good DIY's on taking it out and not that hard at all.
Old 02-13-15, 07:13 PM
BrandoAU
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Harper. I am going to do some toying with my playlists first. I may have just not spent much time with it. Love the car though. I was unsure between IS350 and a G35 coupe. I definitely made the right choice.
Old 02-15-15, 08:52 PM
BrandoAU
Driver School Candidate

Default Quick update

I cut out a few songs this afternoon. Most importantly, I got rid of any spaces in my playlists. That part was an IT shot in the dark. Guess what? All of my playlists are now there! Go figure!