IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

another thinking of buying is350

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-15, 10:48 AM
dzyj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another thinking of buying is350

Hey everyone, new to the board here and I'm sure you get a lot of these threads but I have a few questions. Quick background, I have a 06 evo 9, but after growing up over the years I realized I don't need to race to and from work in this near track car and that is why I'm considering switching over to a is350. I'm also considering the g37coupe, but afraid that it will be too track-like similar to the evo, but that is something a test drive will only help me determine.

Anyway, the year of IS350 that I would be considering would be 2008+, from my research it seems like this is the year when they did a facelift and had more standard features. Is there a resource I can visit to see what packages were offered for the 2008 is350 and which options were standard. In addition, I really like the styling of the IS350 F sport. What were the differences and can any of those bits and pieces(suspension/styling) be tacked onto the base is350 later down the road.

And my last question, since my budget is around 20k max, that means I'll be buying an IS350 with about 70k miles. Is there anything around that mileage I should be keeping an eye out for? In terms of big maintenance items or trouble areas in these cars? Thanks
Old 06-28-15, 01:52 PM
dzyj
Driver School Candidate

I stumbled accross this post which answers many of my questions.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html

I guess the only question remaining is how many of the IS350 F sport accessories/customization will fit the 350 and for which years. And can someone outline in the pictures that distinguish the difference in styling between the 06-09 models. I searched online and can't notice any difference at all.
Old 06-28-15, 02:30 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

06-08 styling are the same mostly -- with 08 (07?) added the shark fin antenna. The 09 change the rear lights and the styling of the headlights a little bit. Blinker lights on the side mirror are also added. The interior vents and nav were also changed in the 09.
Old 06-28-15, 03:25 PM
cruzinZ
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the same boat looking for Fsport accessories that will fit a 2010 IS350. I'm sure you will appreciate the gas mileage and larger tank. You won't be stopping every other day to fill up . One thing you can do is call and check if the Fsport parts will fit the year you are looking at getting. From the reviews I've read the Fsport suspension really helps fine tune the handling. It will firm up the ride a little bit but still keep the luxury ride quality Lexus IS known for.

The best thing about the IS is its so great at everything. It doesn't necessarily accel at any one area and do a mediocre job else ware it's just good all over. The G37 is a potent car and likes to hang the rear out more. When pushed to the limits the IS has many nanny's built into it for safety. It will allow you to be playful on canyon drives. You might get annoyed if you like pushing a car to 10/10's on track. As for the two I personally think the Lexus IS a little more grown up than the G37, personal opinion. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses and would make a fine choice for a sports sedan. I put 5,000 miles on my old roommates STi in college. That car was a blast to drive just like the EVO.

You can check out some of my other post I've written over the last few days on other peoples looking to buy threads.
Old 06-28-15, 03:46 PM
dzyj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
06-08 styling are the same mostly -- with 08 (07?) added the shark fin antenna. The 09 change the rear lights and the styling of the headlights a little bit. Blinker lights on the side mirror are also added. The interior vents and nav were also changed in the 09.
Okay thanks, I think I see the subtle differences now.

Originally Posted by cruzinZ
I'm in the same boat looking for Fsport accessories that will fit a 2010 IS350. I'm sure you will appreciate the gas mileage and larger tank. You won't be stopping every other day to fill up . One thing you can do is call and check if the Fsport parts will fit the year you are looking at getting. From the reviews I've read the Fsport suspension really helps fine tune the handling. It will firm up the ride a little bit but still keep the luxury ride quality Lexus IS known for.

The best thing about the IS is its so great at everything. It doesn't necessarily accel at any one area and do a mediocre job else ware it's just good all over. The G37 is a potent car and likes to hang the rear out more. When pushed to the limits the IS has many nanny's built into it for safety. It will allow you to be playful on canyon drives. You might get annoyed if you like pushing a car to 10/10's on track. As for the two I personally think the Lexus IS a little more grown up than the G37, personal opinion. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses and would make a fine choice for a sports sedan. I put 5,000 miles on my old roommates STi in college. That car was a blast to drive just like the EVO.

You can check out some of my other post I've written over the last few days on other peoples looking to buy threads.
Thanks, I'll go on a search for fsport parts. The evo is still a blast to drive, but considering I haven't done one performance mod to it since the car was new, it's obvious that it was plenty fast for me stock. The new england roads also don't help as I feel every pebble on the road with the evo. I'm looking forward to testing driving both the g37 and is350. Only gripe I have with the IS350 is there is no 6MT option available, is the US the only market that didn't get this option?