IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is my car totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-15 | 03:18 PM
briianlu
Driver School Candidate

Default Is my car totaled?

aefhiowehfiowea

Last edited by briianlu; 07-12-17 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-21-15 | 05:05 PM
Basselc
Driver School Candidate

Default Is my car totaled?

Probably... Frame and fender and the front quarter panel look trashed my friend :/
Old 07-21-15 | 05:10 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

did you see a dent in your moonroof ?
Old 07-21-15 | 05:13 PM
briianlu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kickin8
did you see a dent in your moonroof ?
no the moon roof was fine
Old 07-21-15 | 05:40 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Looks like it.
Old 07-21-15 | 06:33 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

I would say yes.
Old 07-21-15 | 07:06 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Looks like it got the unibody and frame. I'm not sure if you'd even want that fixed.
Old 07-21-15 | 07:53 PM
cruzinZ
Pole Position

You are better off letting the insurance pay you off. Pick up another fully loaded one. Even if it could be fixed it will never be the same.
Old 07-21-15 | 07:58 PM
jennie
Pole Position

That car is done. Is the car behind you the one that hit you? How did it end up there?

You should take off your headlights if you get a chance.
Old 07-21-15 | 09:29 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

It all depends on the total cost of damages. Usually if the damages are more than what the current value of the vehicle is then then yes. Not all ins companies will do that either. Frame work can be done just to what degree? Will this make an impact on safety down the road. Don't take used parts, Co will do that to the insured. They will cheap out on as much as they can. If they do total the vehicle then you will have an option to buy it back. You could get a sweet deal because you can sell it for parts and make descent money from it. It all depends on how much time you're will to take the parts apart and sell'em. If you don't buy it back I believe the tow company gets it. Then they'll sell it for parts or worse they'll fix it then sell a jacked up vehicle knowing the vehicle is unsafe but want to make a quick buck.
Old 07-21-15 | 09:34 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

BTW I hope you, and whom ever else was in there, are well and get checked! You may feel awkward days later, do get your back and neck checked make sure it is documented! CYA
Old 07-21-15 | 09:34 PM
briianlu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by srt1
It all depends on the total cost of damages. Usually if the damages are more than what the current value of the vehicle is then then yes. Not all ins companies will do that either. Frame work can be done just to what degree? Will this make an impact on safety down the road. Don't take used parts, Co will do that to the insured. They will cheap out on as much as they can. If they do total the vehicle then you will have an option to buy it back. You could get a sweet deal because you can sell it for parts and make descent money from it. It all depends on how much time you're will to take the parts apart and sell'em. If you don't buy it back I believe the tow company gets it. Then they'll sell it for parts or worse they'll fix it then sell a jacked up vehicle knowing the vehicle is unsafe but want to make a quick buck.
Thankfully I have full-vehicle coverage from Geico. Im not sure how much they are willing to give me if it is totaled. I was planning on using that money to buy and cheaper car and use the rest of the money to help pay for insurance. If they do not deem it totaled, would it be hard to fix all of this because the frame and fender are only messed up because it went up the curb. It is mainly just the passenger door that is completely gone. What do you recommend I do?
Old 07-22-15 | 09:08 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Frame work can be done but remember that vehicle will NEVER be the same. If you're in need of money and they total it then more than likely they'll hook you up. Do you have gap ins? I had gap ins on my crotch rocket, bike was totaled,luckily I didn't have to pay out of pocket any monies.
Now if they want to fix it make sure you go to the best body shop available in your area. Do research on the shop and their frame work. Hope all works out for you
Old 07-22-15 | 09:13 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

i'm glad you're okay, you should hope the car is totaled would never be the same even fixed.
perfect time sell me those front lip!
Old 07-22-15 | 04:49 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

First off glad you're ok. Did you have a passenger? Totaling a car depends on how much the car is worth in your area and how much damage there is to fix. If the damage reaches a certain percentage, then they'll total it. It's not really up to you. Second, these cars and most new cars don't have a frame, they're unibody. I've seen much worse fixed but it all depends on the shop and how good of work they do and if they're OEM parts. Good luck in whatever happens. You'll just pay your deductible unless it was their fault and the other insurance simp any should pay. Hope all goes well and sorry this all happened.

Quick Reply: Is my car totaled?