IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Suspension/DRL Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-15, 07:24 AM
mlapag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension/DRL Questions

Hey guys - A couple quick questions for you. Ive done some research but similar threads havent quite answered my questons.

I bought a CPO Black 2010 350 with the luxury package about a week back. I've since ordered eibach pro lowering springs and done a few cosmetic things. I am looking to buy new shock/struts in the next week and will most likely be pulling the trigger on the Tokico HTS set. Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place but they do not seem to be made to fit lowering springs - that being said I realize how mild the eibach set is.

I've read the lengthy review with them on an ISF but I was curious if there were other experiences. Any input would be great.
Old 07-25-15, 08:10 AM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you do run this setup please give a good review. I have been thinking of doing the exact same shocks but with swift springs.

Hopefully there will be some good feedback as most seem to have/want coilovers. I don't have the need for ride height adjustability and don't want to worry about rebuilding them.
Old 07-25-15, 11:14 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tokico HTS should be aftermarket lowering spring capability. It is a sport shocks afterall. If your not going to go coils then tokico or koni shocks should do the trick.
Old 07-26-15, 09:49 AM
mlapag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Keo
Tokico HTS should be aftermarket lowering spring capability. It is a sport shocks afterall. If your not going to go coils then tokico or koni shocks should do the trick.
I've had a set of Koni FSD's on my previous car and they did not support lowering springs - just looking to verify before making that move. Im not looking to lower much at all so I cant really justify coils.

I'm going to reach out to the seller tomorrow to get some more info.
Old 07-31-15, 08:05 AM
mlapag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BuLLdAwG
Once you do run this setup please give a good review. I have been thinking of doing the exact same shocks but with swift springs.

Hopefully there will be some good feedback as most seem to have/want coilovers. I don't have the need for ride height adjustability and don't want to worry about rebuilding them.
Sold the eibachs to a friend - Went ahead and bought swifts and Tokico blues. They're a little bit cheaper but from what I have read here on CL they'll do the trick.

I'll follow up with my thoughts in a few weeks.