IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Brought the Is350 out on a lapping day!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-15, 08:17 PM
Rsuave24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
In addition to beefing up your front sway bar, another inexpensive upgrade is swapping out your front LCA #2 OEM bushings to a higher durometer version (like the ones offered by FIGS or RRRacing). You'll immediately notice improved turn-in response and braking stability on the track.
I have looked into that bushing and look to have that done also, I noticed the Is felt kinda spongy or delayed in turn in response.. alot of times i'd have to throw the car into the corner.

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
Winnar! Most people won't admit that the biggest performance detriment is the driver, and even more don't understand that the biggest performance increase to the car comes through tires.
it was my first time getting out on the track with a RWD car, It was a phenomenal experience to say the least. it was definitely a learning process and I hope to get out soon when a set of nice tires. would a square set up be more efficient as opposed to staggered?

Originally Posted by Gville350
^100% accurate! Practice, practice, practice! Then spend some dough on good tires. Helps having them mounted on lightweight wheels; but obviously not necessary for those on a budget.
yeah, I actually noticed some hair line cracks on these grids when I was mounting these tires on.. to say the least I need to get a new set soon, but I ran them anyways and they held air!

I did run into some coolant issues while out on the track and hopefully you guys can point me to a solution. On one of my runs I did manage to disturb the balance of the car by braking through a section causing a spin out, in the process a ton of smoke accumulated under the hood and making my way back to the pits I noticed that I had sprayed coolant all over the bay. needless to say I added some more and continued about my day, it seemed to continually leak though and I noticed the temp gauge rising through hard corning.. needless to say, made my way back to the pits to find more coolant.. you guys think that their is a chance that it just made its way out of the overflow reservoir somehow? or could it be from the radiator cap itself? I have since added coolant and have driven to work everyday this week with no signs of leakage or temp fluctuations...
Old 09-17-15, 03:04 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,398 Likes on 641 Posts

In addition to beefing up your front sway bar, another inexpensive upgrade is swapping out your front LCA #2 OEM bushings to a higher durometer version (like the ones offered by FIGS or RRRacing). You'll immediately notice improved turn-in response and braking stability on the track.

First off, its really great to see the IS350's getting tracked. The car certainly has enough power and handling potential to take on most of the HPDE cars. I think some people hesitate going to the track until they buy a GTR, vette, Porsche, etc.... but what they don't realize is that a well driven IS350 with basic upgrades will outrun most of the uber-sports car owners on an HPDE day. Also, I think its a bit more satisfying to outrun a vette with an IS350, than to outrun an IS350 with a vette:-)

Also, regarding the LCA bushing, we really appreciate the plug, but I wan to emphasize that our product is not just a "higher durometer version" of the OEM bushing. Ours is a bushing/housing system which, unlike replacement bushings, takes up all the thrust loading of the suspension during braking and cornering. So from a design and function perspective, we have done something very unique and I believe it reflects in the great reviews we have been getting since introducing our USRS.

thank you!

Rafi

RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS)

Thrust loaded LCA bushing/housing system design.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-17-15, 08:30 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

No disrespect intended on the RRRacing USRS. I am still hoping to see a 2GR-FSE AOS offered from RRRacing one of these days.
Old 09-17-15, 09:03 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsuave24
it was my first time getting out on the track with a RWD car, It was a phenomenal experience to say the least. it was definitely a learning process and I hope to get out soon when a set of nice tires. would a square set up be more efficient as opposed to staggered?
That's a good question, and I don't think there is a cut and dried answer. There are a number of members who have square setups for track duty. We are kind of limited on what will fit on both the front and rear of the car. Putting a set of 255/35-18s or 255/40-17s all the way around would be a good track setup, but that puts the rear tire diameter quite a bit smaller than what is stock, which will throw off the speedo and possibly the traction control systems.

Regardless of square setup or not, IMO the car desperately needs more front tire. These cars are pretty heavy for a track car and, they have a slight front weight bias. So 225s on the front just doesn't cut it unless you are willing to run a VERY sticky tire, and even then 225s would wear out more quickly than something wider

I don't get to a track as often as I would like to, but I am running a 245 on the front and a 265 on the back right now. When it is time to replace them I'll likely move to a 255 on front and a 275 on the back.
Old 09-17-15, 10:57 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

No disrespect intended on the RRRacing USRS. I am still hoping to see a 2GR-FSE AOS offered from RRRacing one of these days.
No offense taken. We are going to do this. We will update in October.

Rafi

Old 09-17-15, 03:14 PM
Rsuave24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
First off, its really great to see the IS350's getting tracked. The car certainly has enough power and handling potential to take on most of the HPDE cars. I think some people hesitate going to the track until they buy a GTR, vette, Porsche, etc.... but what they don't realize is that a well driven IS350 with basic upgrades will outrun most of the uber-sports car owners on an HPDE day. Also, I think its a bit more satisfying to outrun a vette with an IS350, than to outrun an IS350 with a vette:-)

Also, regarding the LCA bushing, we really appreciate the plug, but I wan to emphasize that our product is not just a "higher durometer version" of the OEM bushing. Ours is a bushing/housing system which, unlike replacement bushings, takes up all the thrust loading of the suspension during braking and cornering. So from a design and function perspective, we have done something very unique and I believe it reflects in the great reviews we have been getting since introducing our USRS.

thank you!

Rafi

RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS)

Thrust loaded LCA bushing/housing system design.
thanks for chiming in with your product sir, after some research and the video posted on you tube, i think am sold on these, love that it comes fully assembled and ready to go, and not to mention the quality put into these! from what I saw these look very very solid. although i can't pull the trigger on them quite yet, definitely a winter purchase!
Old 09-17-15, 07:15 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rsuave24
thanks for chiming in with your product sir, after some research and the video posted on you tube, i think am sold on these, love that it comes fully assembled and ready to go, and not to mention the quality put into these! from what I saw these look very very solid. although i can't pull the trigger on them quite yet, definitely a winter purchase!

Thank you. We are working hard on new Lexus products, so we really appreciate the support we are getting here on CL.

Regarding the USRS, we are so confidant in this product that we guarantee that you will love it, or we will accept a refund, even on USRS that was installed.

Rafi

Old 09-17-15, 10:45 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have your run 1/4 miles with 2006 IS350?