IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

3IS Style Tail Light Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-18 | 06:28 PM
GnUtZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aspect
Nope, you can find them on Nigel-JDM http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index....20tail%20light
thank you! But holy cow, $580
Old 02-26-18 | 06:37 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by GnUtZ

thank you! But holy cow, $580
yeah... so unless you are absolutely infatuated with the look of the nigelJDM over the other options I'd stick with the eBay ones. They look great and I haven't heard that many bad things about them aside from a possible flickering issue when stopped after a couple of years.
Old 03-07-18 | 11:00 PM
Odiish
Driver School Candidate

Default Where do you buy them or where can i find them?

Originally Posted by MAizz
Reviving my own thread to share some new information.. Recently a new tail light came out for the 2IS that replicates the 3IS style. I pulled the trigger on these and wanted to give a little insight and comparison to other styles.

Quality: Excellent quality from the packaging to the construction of the lights.

Installation: Pretty straight forward as with all the lights. These ones do not have any external resistors like the Spec-D/78 works, and the harnesses clip in to the OEM spots. Fitment is spot on, zero issues with having to muscle anything into place.

Looks: By far, these look the best in person. With the lights of the double bars are reflective and really pop from the rest. When lit, they have the same lighting method as the 3IS and look extremely clean. The reverse section is contoured to the overall flow/lines of the lights and car, and the turn signal is full yellow LED. I think these are a good combination of the better parts of both Spec-D and Nigel's.

Overall: My biggest gripe on the other styles was they didn't quite look OEM. They mirrored OEM style, but they always gave the aftermarket impression. These ones in my opinion, look like a factory option. I believe these are the cheapest of the aftermarket options and am very happy with the upgrade.

Looking forward to these. Where can I find them?
Old 08-30-18 | 06:02 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Recently went from my SpecD to the Vland. Vland SpecD LED tail light comparison for Lexus 2IS IS250 IS350 ISF IS-F

SpecD Smoked Red on left, Vland smoked red on right. Have had the Specd tails for 1.5 years, zero issues, tons of compliments. No condensation issues even going through touches auto car wash 3x a week. Love the “L” brake signal. A bit dark when off so to avoid cop issues I always had them on. I once got pulled(doing 59 in a 55) over in MD and the cop thought I smoked my lenses, ended up getting me for 30% tinted windows..

Vland are newer style and while they bulge a little on the sides, the design off and on is cleaner, and you get a yellow turn signal. Not a fan of brake light but overall more of a “3IS” look. Car looks more aggressive when off I feel. Vland were also plug and play, very easy. Not that SpecD were difficult to wire with directions, just took an extra 20 minutes. Will see how the Vland compare with reverse lights at night and in quality. Not sure why the SpecD look more orange, they are definitely red in person. This was filmed with iPhone 8+.

Video/pics here: