IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

smog at 183k miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 05:58 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default smog at 183k miles

Passed with flying colors... it actually took me longer to put the stock intake back on than it did for the smog tech to give me the thumbs up. I guess I was expecting at least something to be concerned about with the high miles but it passed as if it just rolled out the factory. No major work just preventative updates and regular maintenance.

Once I got the owner to soften up a little I found out he was a major Lexus freak. He went on and on about how many makes come through his shop with issues... and that toyota/lexus are the best cars on the road. I tested his loyalty and said that I was really into the Challenger SRT8 and was thinking about jumping ship... his look was basically a slap with baby powder and then he said they are good for old men who lost their wives to the neighbor lol.

Random thread... but I thought it was cool that my 07 with 183k passed smog without any concerns... and a shop owner and his technician both praised Toyota/Lexus after 30 years in the automotive field over any other make. Prob one of the few times me saying a 2006 LS430 is my dream car and they other person understood why.
Old 12-14-15, 09:23 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear. Nice and reassuring for everyone
Old 12-15-15, 09:11 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
I tested his loyalty and said that I was really into the Challenger SRT8 and was thinking about jumping ship... his look was basically a slap with baby powder and then he said they are good for old men who lost their wives to the neighbor lol.
LOL!! That is hilarious!! No offense to SRT8 owners though. But i do often see them being driven by older males riding alone so maybe he's gotta point Jk.

Anyway, thats great that your car passed so easily OP. Its very reassuring for the members with high mileage im sure of it. Do you have any aftermarket performance parts other than intake? Also do you live in CA?
Old 12-15-15, 10:11 AM
markjustus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Passed with flying colors... it actually took me longer to put the stock intake back on than it did for the smog tech to give me the thumbs up. I guess I was expecting at least something to be concerned about with the high miles but it passed as if it just rolled out the factory. No major work just preventative updates and regular maintenance.

Once I got the owner to soften up a little I found out he was a major Lexus freak. He went on and on about how many makes come through his shop with issues... and that toyota/lexus are the best cars on the road. I tested his loyalty and said that I was really into the Challenger SRT8 and was thinking about jumping ship... his look was basically a slap with baby powder and then he said they are good for old men who lost their wives to the neighbor lol.

Random thread... but I thought it was cool that my 07 with 183k passed smog without any concerns... and a shop owner and his technician both praised Toyota/Lexus after 30 years in the automotive field over any other make. Prob one of the few times me saying a 2006 LS430 is my dream car and they other person understood why.
Norcal crew checkin
also just passed at 195k also with flying colors but good to know, its like our motors can live forever
Old 12-15-15, 01:08 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

To echo you guys yes it was very cool to know smog is worry free in high miles... reassuring for us.

I do like the Challenger but we need space on the next purchase. I truly don't have much for mods it's all suspension stuff and just some lights. I drive my cars a lot though... I commute 5 days a week 80 miles round trip and also weekends. Was just expecting a sensor to replace or a leak or just something that needs to be updated sooooon. Now that I'm in the clear for 2 years I'm considering some headers and piping though ^_^ the lungs are still 100% stock.

^^^^ I live in Lodi and work in Tracy
Old 12-15-15, 01:52 PM
markjustus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To echo you guys yes it was very cool to know smog is worry free in high miles... reassuring for us.

I do like the Challenger but we need space on the next purchase. I truly don't have much for mods it's all suspension stuff and just some lights. I drive my cars a lot though... I commute 5 days a week 80 miles round trip and also weekends. Was just expecting a sensor to replace or a leak or just something that needs to be updated sooooon. Now that I'm in the clear for 2 years I'm considering some headers and piping though ^_^ the lungs are still 100% stock.

^^^^ I live in Lodi and work in Tracy
Im in Fairfield, but just moved back here from Stockton. Stayed out there for 5 years then work moved me back here. Im in the same boat at contemplating headers, but nothing out to really tune our cars makes me skeptic.
Old 12-16-15, 11:50 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

wow....

thanks for sharing
Old 01-02-16, 10:37 PM
navarachi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markjustus
Norcal crew checkin
also just passed at 195k also with flying colors but good to know, its like our motors can live forever
How is your tranny holding up with those miles. Have you taken any maintenance measures in the past to help keep it working that long?