IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-18, 06:36 PM
Drivers408
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by See5
One of my turn signals is not working, any idea from where I can buy (online) the resister/driver/relay or what ever is it called? or do I need to buy a whole new set ?! Help please.

Thanks in advance
I had the same issue with mine last year. I called VIP and they sent me another resister and all I paid was for the shipping. They were really cool about it. I changed it but I still have some trouble with it from time to time. I think it’s more of a wire issue than the resister at this point.
The following users liked this post:
See5 (08-11-18)
Old 08-11-18, 01:08 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drivers408

I had the same issue with mine last year. I called VIP and they sent me another resister and all I paid was for the shipping. They were really cool about it. I changed it but I still have some trouble with it from time to time. I think it’s more of a wire issue than the resister at this point.
Thanks a lot for the help.
I inspected the resister and bulb using a multi meter and all seem to be working. The resister was 8 ohm for reference. I just unplugged the connection between resister and bulb, and then plugged them back. Now working again!

Regards
Old 08-13-18, 12:10 PM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by See5
Thanks a lot for the help.
I inspected the resister and bulb using a multi meter and all seem to be working. The resister was 8 ohm for reference. I just unplugged the connection between resister and bulb, and then plugged them back. Now working again!

Regards

Problem came back just after two days. This is annoying now. I don't get it on what is causing it. The wires were buckled up tightly. No turn signal on the front now.
Old 10-08-18, 12:15 PM
Ram3n
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 08 ISF and I'm looking to switch to these. Are a number of people experiencing issues with turn signals still? Also I read that my factory HID ballast won't work with these lights. How do I get the option of having an HID pre installed? Thanks in advance. Still new to the forums as I got my F a couple of months ago.
Old 10-08-18, 02:49 PM
kwanye
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a set of the vip motoz headlights for free if anyone wants them. Everything works and they have been modified to run the LED strip as the DRL. You just need to the run the power wire to an ignition source. Only problem with them is that both sets have condensation issues. I prefer not to ship these. Pick up in San Jose, CA
Old 02-24-19, 02:31 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So my DRL bulb died anyone tried to put LED in them before?
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-14-19, 08:01 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Quick question before I put my car together. There's an extra plug that comes with the headlights. So far everything works with out it. See pics below. I'm also running some H1 LEDs as DRLs from iJdmtoy.com so far so good. I did splice in my decoder from them also from previous headlights. Module was modified before. So even if you buy one with the original housing it should fit in nicely. There's a lot of room inside.

Last nice cutoff once you remove the front bracket inside the projector. You can view the write up by whitebeast. It's on page 7 - 8 where he describes how to remove it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...w-version.html

Still needs proper headlight aiming. I suggest proper aiming before you finally put the headlights in place. There is no room to make adjustments after you install. You can see diagram pic I found online. It's pretty standard for projector headlights proper aim.

Found this link after some extensive search on CL!

I found that the OP had also measured 54.00" center to center of the headlights. Which in turn is the same measurement that I got. ​​EDIT for the spacing I'd leave it as they come. Once you go past 50" they have a gap. So I'd leave it, and just focus on up, and down aim.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...djustment.html

Edit: 4/13/21

If you notice no hot spot on your headlights.
Make sure your halogen/HID. That it's resting on the lower notch referenced below. If it's not you will get a weak light output. There is a lot of play in these projector locking tab. Being at the top will make the light spread bleed over the cut off plate.

I found out after replacing a burnt out turn signal bulb. I'd recommend 1156 bulbs as the description of PY21W is wrong. Get a better brand than what comes with the headlights. Replace at the time of instalation.

Make sure bulb metal base rests on tab circled in yellow.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 04-13-21 at 09:15 AM.