IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport Short Shift Kit for 250 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 05:03 PM
conduct
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Short Shift Kit for 250 6MT

I recently picked up a 2012 IS250 6MT and I'm looking for an F Sport shift kit. Part number PTR4653100

Nothing on Ebay, and when I google the part number a couple different sites come up but I order and then am later told they don't have stock.

Sewell is not around anymore, and I went to my local Lexus dealer and they told me it is discontinued and highly unlikely any other Lexus dealers would have it in stock as it is a non returnable part.

anybody no where I can source one?
Old 02-09-16, 08:00 AM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sewell's online shop isn't around anymore but you should be able to call them asking for it. Alternatively, mlparts has the part available:
http://mylparts.com/parts/index.cfm?...&siteid=214992
Old 02-09-16, 10:09 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 for mylparts but not sure if they ship it to Canada....you might need to call them first...
Old 02-11-16, 06:46 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I read on the forums that doing this mod will fix the 1st-2nd shift issue. But I couldnt find what issues other ppl have with 1st-2nd. Can someone enlighten me.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-16, 08:59 AM
Dazedsjsu
Driver School Candidate

Hey, many have complained about the marble noises at low speeds.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-in-1st-3.html
Old 02-11-16, 06:40 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 609 Likes on 405 Posts

If you still want to try locally, you can have them order PTR46-53080 for you instead, it's an older number that still has 2 available in Vancouver. Probably cheaper to order online though!

Jeff
Old 02-11-16, 06:58 PM
conduct
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
If you still want to try locally, you can have them order PTR46-53080 for you instead, it's an older number that still has 2 available in Vancouver. Probably cheaper to order online though!

Jeff
Why is there 2 part numbers??

There is 1 available in the US in a warehouse in Dallas, I called Sewells Lexus they wanted $498 for it but would not ship it to Canada. Then i spoke with mylparts they could pull from the same warehouse (both told me its the last new 1 in the entire country) they wanted 400 for it but would also not ship to Canada. I got in touch with a friend of mine in New york, used his address for shipping but then the website would not except a Canadian MasterCard, and with the exchange and tax and duty plus a fed ex up to Canada it would of been 800+ Canadian anyway so I said you no what, its not meant to be.

If there is 2 in Van this could make it alot easier.

Last edited by conduct; 02-11-16 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-11-16, 07:09 PM
conduct
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zynthe
I read on the forums that doing this mod will fix the 1st-2nd shift issue. But I couldnt find what issues other ppl have with 1st-2nd. Can someone enlighten me.

Thanks.
Mine grinds into gear from 1st to 2nd unless over 3500RPM and from 2nd to 3rd. Car only has 60,000 Kilometers. Really hoping the quick shift kit will improve grinding and shifter feel.

Not happy with the transmission in this car at all, terrible gear box and find clutch engagement really bad as well. Coming from a civic SI its been an adjustment
Old 02-11-16, 07:13 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by conduct
Why is there 2 part numbers??

There is 1 available in the US in a warehouse in Dallas, I called Sewells Lexus they wanted $498 for it but would not ship it to Canada. Then i spoke with mylparts they could pull from the same warehouse (both told me its the last new 1 in the entire country) they wanted 400 for it but would also not ship to Canada. I got in touch with a friend of mine in New york, used his address for shipping but then the website would not except a Canadian MasterCard, and with the exchange and tax and duty plus a fed ex up to Canada it would of been 800+ Canadian anyway so I said you no what, its not meant to be.

If there is 2 in Van this could make it alot easier.
The number I posted was for the sedan, the number you posted is for the convertible. The convertible one had an extra notch in the shape of it, so Lexus changed up the older number to the newer one a few years back as it would fit both the sedan and the convertible. There's still a couple of the sedan part number in Vancouver.

Jeff
Old 02-11-16, 08:55 PM
conduct
Driver School Candidate

The number I posted was for the sedan, the number you posted is for the convertible. The convertible one had an extra notch in the shape of it, so Lexus changed up the older number to the newer one a few years back as it would fit both the sedan and the convertible. There's still a couple of the sedan part number in Vancouver.

Jeff
Really appreciate your help, I will call Lexus tomorrow and hope I can get a hold of one. Thanks
Old 02-12-16, 08:33 AM
conduct
Driver School Candidate

Jeff
Ordered one from my local dealer 330 Canadian and they will have it next week! Thank you very much. Saved me a fortune
Old 02-12-16, 08:53 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

No problem, glad I could help!

Jeff
Old 02-13-16, 11:20 AM
diverchris
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@conduct,
What dealer did you order from?
Old 02-13-16, 01:07 PM
conduct
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diverchris
@conduct,
What dealer did you order from?
A friend of mine is in parts at a Toyota store in sauga he ordered it for me.
Old 02-16-16, 05:22 PM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

contemplating trying to buy a gearstick from a smashed manual 250 or 220d and cut/weld to make my own short shifter for my is220d. assuming the rod on the stick os steel then it should be easy peasy. cut length off the top and add to the bottom essentially.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Short Shift Kit for 250 6MT