IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PPE owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-16, 01:14 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Well, since I DIY everything, it only cost me a few bruises and scraped knuckles.

The sound is only slightly louder than stock. But on a scale of 1 to 10 on the loudness scale, it'll only be a 2 even when I really get on it. The Fujita SRI I have it probably louder that the headers. LOL! No sounds clips because it'll just sound like a louder factory exhaust, which makes sense right since it is a factory muffler setup.

JM, yes you are correct and yes I plan to complete my exhaust setup down the road. I just don't like the MOST of the out-of-the-box setups available to the 2IS in the US. Japan seems to have all of the best sounding exhausts for our ride. My personal favorite...translation is "LEXUS "IS350" Intake: Exhaust Suruga Speed​​: EX prototype maker Mani certain (type unequal length), straight pipes, PFS is a combination of Suruga speed loop muffler sound." :

Old 03-07-16, 01:19 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Well, since I DIY everything, it only cost me a few bruises and scraped knuckles.

The sound is only slightly louder than stock. But on a scale of 1 to 10 on the loudness scale, it'll only be a 2 even when I really get on it. The Fujita SRI I have it probably louder that the headers. LOL! No sounds clips because it'll just sound like a louder factory exhaust, which makes sense right since it is a factory muffler setup.

JM, yes you are correct and yes I plan to complete my exhaust setup down the road. I just don't like the MOST of the out-of-the-box setups available to the 2IS in the US. Japan seems to have all of the best sounding exhausts for our ride. My personal favorite...translation is "LEXUS "IS350" Intake: Exhaust Suruga Speed​​: EX prototype maker Mani certain (type unequal length), straight pipes, PFS is a combination of Suruga speed loop muffler sound." :

IS350 EXマニ+PFSループサウンド - YouTube
This sound is just amazing. I need to replicate this somehow
Old 03-07-16, 03:32 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Gville, Do you have the high flow cats or just the secondary cats installed? Do you experience any drone or rasp with just the header setup or any gas smells if you only have secondary cats? I've always considered the ppe headers but others have complained about a raspy sound, but if that is not there with the stock exhaust in place, I might have to do this.
Old 03-07-16, 04:59 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by mike33
Gville, Do you have the high flow cats or just the secondary cats installed? Do you experience any drone or rasp with just the header setup or any gas smells if you only have secondary cats? I've always considered the ppe headers but others have complained about a raspy sound, but if that is not there with the stock exhaust in place, I might have to do this.
No primary cats...no emissions here in SC.

Nope, no drone or raspy ricer exhaust sound; with a stock mid and stock axle back muffler setup, it just sounds like a louder factory exhaust. The bad sounds others complain about is usually after installing PPE headers with an aftermarket mid-pipe.