IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-16, 07:31 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by punklexus
I am visiting US and my IS 250 whichwas bought in Canada is showing Airbag Light on. Do you think I can visit local Lexus dealer and get this issue fixed ?
Absolutely, yes. Warranty is handled directly by Canadian and USA dealers. That said, if your airbag light is on, it's not because of this recall.

Jeff
Old 07-29-16, 07:44 AM
punklexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Absolutely, yes. Warranty is handled directly by Canadian and USA dealers. That said, if your airbag light is on, it's not because of this recall.

Jeff
Hmm, it includes my model and year however when I put my VIN it doesn't show this recall ?

For Airbag light on, i see that it is due to a connection and I will try to fix it today
Old 07-29-16, 08:19 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by punklexus
Hmm, it includes my model and year however when I put my VIN it doesn't show this recall ?
This recall has not launched yet, so even though it will apply to your car once it launches, it doesn't currently apply to your vehicle.

Jeff
Old 07-29-16, 08:35 AM
punklexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
This recall has not launched yet, so even though it will apply to your car once it launches, it doesn't currently apply to your vehicle.

Jeff
Thanks - I guess I will have to wait then
Old 07-29-16, 09:24 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmon
​If you don't mind me asking, how'd you go about getting that rental from them (year/mileage of your IS?). I'm trying to decide if I want to ask my dealer about it, I'm sure they're going to give me the run around on it though due to age and mileage.

Start the car every week or so, drive it around the block a few times to get it warmed up. Put the battery on a trickle charger, put the car on blocks so the tires don't get flat spots on them.
i called my SA and asked for information on the recall since "not driving the car isn't practical. He said corporate informed him that Lexus IS paying 1000 per month towards a rental till the airbag is fixed. I went to enterprise told them about the recall which they were already aware of since 80% of the fleet is out. She said pick a car and they will directly bill Lexus of Akron canton. They had another guy coming from Lexus in PA to pick up a car. No pictures were taken no mileage recorded of my is350. They just handed me a car.

i went back to enterprise to make sure all paperwork was in order, and everything seems fine. Now I have a Ford Explorer limited edition.

06 is350 rwd
140,xxx miles
Old 07-29-16, 10:30 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Offspring
i called my SA and asked for information on the recall since "not driving the car isn't practical. He said corporate informed him that Lexus IS paying 1000 per month towards a rental till the airbag is fixed. I went to enterprise told them about the recall which they were already aware of since 80% of the fleet is out. She said pick a car and they will directly bill Lexus of Akron canton. They had another guy coming from Lexus in PA to pick up a car. No pictures were taken no mileage recorded of my is350. They just handed me a car.

i went back to enterprise to make sure all paperwork was in order, and everything seems fine. Now I have a Ford Explorer limited edition.

06 is350 rwd
140,xxx miles
Hmm, an Explorer sounds like it'd be going over that 1000 a month allowance if I had to take a guess due to past experiences with SUV rentals.
Old 07-29-16, 04:03 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys are lucky. I'm still getting a run around between Lexus of San Diego and Lexus corporate. It's almost 2 weeks and no loaner or rental.
Old 07-29-16, 04:56 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Last time I was stuck with a Kia for 3 weeks when they were performing a recall on my IS...
Old 07-29-16, 07:21 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Well Enterprise rental costs are different at every location. I live in a small town, compared to LA and such. I'll be sure to double check with corporate but enterprise is directly billing Lexus. No middle man so I'm assuming they have it sorted.
Old 08-01-16, 12:27 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Offspring

06 is350 rwd
140,xxx miles
Did you have to make any arrangements with your Lexus dealer to go through Enterprise, or did you contact Enterprise directly to arrange for the rental?
Old 08-02-16, 09:33 AM
alantasdf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ONEdirty23
Did you have to make any arrangements with your Lexus dealer to go through Enterprise, or did you contact Enterprise directly to arrange for the rental?
Everything is handled by Lexus. I think you just show up to where the dealership tells you and move on from there. I will be getting my rental through Enterprise tomorrow as arranged by my dealership.
Old 08-03-16, 07:50 AM
alantasdf
Driver School Candidate

My rental

Old 08-03-16, 12:15 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by alantasdf
My rental

That sucks. I would not want to be driving a Chevy around for 6+ months.
Old 08-04-16, 03:47 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TakaM
You guys are lucky. I'm still getting a run around between Lexus of San Diego and Lexus corporate. It's almost 2 weeks and no loaner or rental.
Finally got the loaner car after lot of back and forth between Lexus dealer and Lexus Corporate.
Got CT 200h which made my wife happy as it has more features than our 2007 IS250 6spd manual.
Old 08-04-16, 09:02 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Taka- Happy to hear you received a temporary car from Lexus. I would be happy with anything save to seat 4 persons safely. We take the stock 2IS when going out with family; so anything with 4 doors be good for me!

I don't know why Lexus give run-around and just do it and give the rental.

Normally, by myself, I take my lowered 2GS, and oh man, when seating 4 persons with elderly do not like bumpy lower cars.

i do like my low with stiff suspension.

Quick Reply: Air bag recalled for 2006-2011 Lexus IS250/350.