IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Adding A2DP Bluetooth to IS 350 with GTA Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-16, 03:27 PM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Adding A2DP Bluetooth to IS 350 with GTA Car Kit

So I recently just got a used 2008 IS 350. Came with touchscreen and navigation. Also came with bluetooth, but only for calling. I am thinking about adding A2DP bluetooth, which will add the ability for me to stream wireless music. GTA Car kits makes a kit that allows me to do this. Has anyone ever used this GTA Car Kit for a 06-13 Lexus IS. If you have, could you tell me if it is worth getting? Thanks!
Old 06-26-16, 05:00 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen a lot of people use the Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway to add the BT ability to stream music while still retaining the ability to use your existing calling features. I actually just ordered one myself.

Check it out!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sing-a2dp.html
Old 06-27-16, 05:40 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by Toxicxk23
I have seen a lot of people use the Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway to add the BT ability to stream music while still retaining the ability to use your existing calling features. I actually just ordered one myself.

Check it out!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sing-a2dp.html
Are you able to use steering wheel controls with it?
Old 06-27-16, 10:06 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by akoster
Are you able to use steering wheel controls with it?
The blackberry gateway just connects to your phone via bluetooth and connects to your car via the 3.5mm audio input jack. You have to control the music through the phone. If you want to use your steering wheel remote you an use the GTA kit. I use the audiovox mediabridge as I have a non-navigation is350 and i wanted to add bluetooth and usb playback.
Old 06-27-16, 10:23 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by gompka
The blackberry gateway just connects to your phone via bluetooth and connects to your car via the 3.5mm audio input jack. You have to control the music through the phone. If you want to use your steering wheel remote you an use the GTA kit. I use the audiovox mediabridge as I have a non-navigation is350 and i wanted to add bluetooth and usb playback.
How is that one? And it would be just as good for my is350 with navigation, I would assume?
Old 06-27-16, 10:26 AM
gompka
Racer

I like the mediabridge, the controls can be a bit cumbersome, but I have read it's much less so with a touch screen. It does allow me to change tracks on pandora, Google music, YouTube, tuner radio with the steering wheel buttons, also has a voice command (Google voice) button when using android.
Old 06-27-16, 10:35 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by gompka
I like the mediabridge, the controls can be a bit cumbersome, but I have read it's much less so with a touch screen. It does allow me to change tracks on pandora, Google music, YouTube, tuner radio with the steering wheel buttons, also has a voice command (Google voice) button when using android.
How easy was it to install? Did you do it yourself or go get it installed some place. How much was it if you went and had someone install it for you?
Old 06-28-16, 08:25 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the BlueTrip AUX

No controls but it's a simple fix.
Old 06-29-16, 05:53 AM
akoster
Driver

I think I'm just going to get the VAIS SL3B-L bluetooth kit. It's $230, which is pretty expensive, but seems like it's the best one out there. Works well with steering wheel controls and display music info on the touch screen.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTMSPBY...I16KOBWF21PZMT
Old 06-29-16, 11:28 AM
gompka
Racer

How easy was it to install? Did you do it yourself or go get it installed some place. How much was it if you went and had someone install it for you?
Install was pretty much plug and play, i got the unit at Walmart a while back for about $180 and installed it myself. The audiovoxx/mediabridge also displays media info on the screen.
Old 06-30-16, 08:08 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I have iSimple Kit and love them. Bluetooth music streaming, USB playback, charge and connect to phone using USB cable is good as well. Fully control via steering wheel and touch screen as well.
Most important is the whole kit only cost me $150 (during the time i bought) but $130 now
Old 07-29-16, 05:08 PM
punklexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whitebeast
I have iSimple Kit and love them. Bluetooth music streaming, USB playback, charge and connect to phone using USB cable is good as well. Fully control via steering wheel and touch screen as well.
Most important is the whole kit only cost me $150 (during the time i bought) but $130 now
There are couple of kits on Amazon that are in 50ish range. Did you consider them before buying the iSimple ?
Old 02-23-17, 03:49 PM
willdogg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I'm just going to get the VAIS SL3B-L bluetooth kit. It's $230, which is pretty expensive, but seems like it's the best one out there. Works well with steering wheel controls and display music info on the touch screen.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTMSPBY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=398WYHHYVM3TM&coliid=I16KOBWF21PZMT
I know it's an old thread, but did you ever get your SL3B-L? After trying to decide between the GROM Audio USB3 and Vaistech SL3B-L for my IS, I finally went with the SL3B-L. Oh man, this thing is awesome. I went ahead and installed a GROM Audio USB3 in my wife's RX just so we could have both boxes. The Vaistech is cool because it integrates seamlessly with the IS Lexus Factory touchscreen nav-radio and the factory bluetooth phone. I think the GROM would've been fine in the IS too. I ordered the GROM USB3 with the BT3 dongle kit for our RX because it doesn't have factory bluetooth phone capability. Now the radio and phone tech her RX is just as cool as the tech in the IS.

The SL3B-L is more money, but it's a reliable unit. I lifted this from a Vaistech review: "It's not cheap, but good isn't cheap and cheap isn't good."

Last edited by willdogg; 02-24-17 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-23-17, 05:32 PM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by willdogg
I know it's an old thread, but did you ever get your SL3B-L? After trying to decide between the GROM Audio USB3 and Vaistech SL3B-L for my IS, I finally went with the SL3B-L. Oh man, this thing is awesome. I went ahead and installed a GROM Audio USB3 in my wife's RX just so we could have both boxes. The Vaistech is awesome because it integrates seamlessly with the IS Lexus Factory touchscreen nav-radio and the factory bluetooth phone. I think the GROM would've been fine in the IS too. I ordered the GROM USB3 with the BT3 dongle kit for our RX because it doesn't have factory bluetooth phone capability. Now the radio and phone tech her RX is just as cool as the tech in the IS.

The SL3B-L is more money, but it's a reliable unit. I lifted this from a Vaistech review: "It's not cheap, but good isn't cheap and cheap isn't good."
Yeah I got the SL3B-L and it is awesome. Definitely was worth the money.
The following users liked this post:
willdogg (02-26-17)
Old 02-24-17, 02:20 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by willdogg
I know it's an old thread, but did you ever get your SL3B-L? After trying to decide between the GROM Audio USB3 and Vaistech SL3B-L for my IS, I finally went with the SL3B-L. Oh man, this thing is awesome. I went ahead and installed a GROM Audio USB3 in my wife's RX just so we could have both boxes. The Vaistech is cool because it integrates seamlessly with the IS Lexus Factory touchscreen nav-radio and the factory bluetooth phone. I think the GROM would've been fine in the IS too. I ordered the GROM USB3 with the BT3 dongle kit for our RX because it doesn't have factory bluetooth phone capability. Now the radio and phone tech her RX is just as cool as the tech in the IS.

What I love about the sl3b is that it also has update firmwares free!
The following users liked this post:
willdogg (02-26-17)

Quick Reply: Adding A2DP Bluetooth to IS 350 with GTA Car Kit