IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 high flow fuel injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-16, 03:51 PM
MikeyGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS250 high flow fuel injectors?

I have searched far and wide to see if I can find either a thread here, or companies in the aftermarket that make a high flow injector for this damn car. I've been looking at adding a supercharger to the car because it lacks some power. The problem is, the fuel injection system seems to be limited to about 7psi/300hp. And, well, that isn't going to work.

The plan is to get a used engine and rebuild it. I'll be putting lower compression pistons in it, likely about 10.5-11 to 1 (JE will custom make a set for a reasonable price) to handle 12-14 psi. With some mild port work (clean things up), and that kind of boost, it should be good for just a tad over 400hp. But I run into the problem of getting enough fuel into it so it doesn't go lean on me.

Someone please tell me there is a company out there that makes injectors for this damn engine! Even injectors from another engine that'll support that kind of power. Here in California, I can't swap in anything other than what it came with. I'd much rather put a SC LS motor in it, but that's not an option here.
Old 10-02-16, 03:50 AM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm supercharged and have been for a while now pushing quite a lot of boost. You won't have much luck hunting for higher flow direct injectors.. I believe the Is350 has different injectors than what is in the 3GR/4GR but there's no documentation on the flow difference between them.

If you're going to the effort of lowering the compression why not look into adding port injectors and controlling them with a piggyback Ecu?
​​​​​​
Old 10-02-16, 08:19 AM
MikeyGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrule2
I'm supercharged and have been for a while now pushing quite a lot of boost. You won't have much luck hunting for higher flow direct injectors.. I believe the Is350 has different injectors than what is in the 3GR/4GR but there's no documentation on the flow difference between them.

If you're going to the effort of lowering the compression why not look into adding port injectors and controlling them with a piggyback Ecu?
​​​​​​
It's honestly not much effort. JE would handle all the work for the pistons, and it would be just like a standard rebuild.

I've thought long and hard about a piggyback ECU. I've been looking around for one that I like, and just can't find one. I'm also not sure how the stock throttle body and MAF would hold up to having fuel sprayed through them (most likely the extra injectors would have to be before both of them in the intake). They were never designed to be "wet". I can't believe that the D4 style of injection has been around as long as it has, and no one has made bigger injectors for them. Seriously let down by the aftermarket. Port fuel injection is slowly going away, and no one has bothered to support this new style, save for a few limited Euro cars, and a VERY limited number of Fords.
Old 10-02-16, 10:26 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't the is250 already have port injectors in addition to the direct injectors? I know the is350 uses both for fuel efficiency (port inj. @ low rpm, direct @ high). Thought the is250 did the same.
Old 10-02-16, 03:29 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1256c
Doesn't the is250 already have port injectors in addition to the direct injectors? I know the is350 uses both for fuel efficiency (port inj. @ low rpm, direct @ high). Thought the is250 did the same.
The IS250s only have D/I, thus the reason for all of the carbon build-up issues.
Old 10-03-16, 02:56 AM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyGS
It's honestly not much effort. JE would handle all the work for the pistons, and it would be just like a standard rebuild.

I've thought long and hard about a piggyback ECU. I've been looking around for one that I like, and just can't find one. I'm also not sure how the stock throttle body and MAF would hold up to having fuel sprayed through them (most likely the extra injectors would have to be before both of them in the intake). They were never designed to be "wet". I can't believe that the D4 style of injection has been around as long as it has, and no one has made bigger injectors for them. Seriously let down by the aftermarket. Port fuel injection is slowly going away, and no one has bothered to support this new style, save for a few limited Euro cars, and a VERY limited number of Fords.
Spraying through the throttle body will be fine. Most of the boosted guys on here have used meth/water injection with no issues. ARMA included an intake mounted auxiliary fuel injector just before the throttle body in their kit. I'm in the process of implementing this solution on my own car with a haltech ECU.
​​​​
Old 05-27-18, 11:38 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

i know this thread is old but im running same issues with the port injectors

i have 2014 is350 rwd supercharged

we cant raise the RPM more than 6000 because of the port injectors. i think theres a limitations

i thought about swapping my injectors with bigger ones but i couldnt find any company that support the 2gr-fse

of any of you guys have fixed this issues i would like to know how....

thanks
Old 05-29-18, 11:12 AM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704
i know this thread is old but im running same issues with the port injectors

i have 2014 is350 rwd supercharged

we cant raise the RPM more than 6000 because of the port injectors. i think theres a limitations

i thought about swapping my injectors with bigger ones but i couldnt find any company that support the 2gr-fse

of any of you guys have fixed this issues i would like to know how....

thanks
What is being used to tune this current setup? Unless there is a way to tune larger injectors in the factory ports, then the only other way to deliver additional fuel is via new port injectors with a standalone ECU.