IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Best Suspension Setup to Make my 350 Feel Like an F

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-16, 05:44 PM
organicali
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Suspension Setup to Make my 350 Feel Like an F

So I drove an IS-F a couple of times, and damn that thing feels like a tank compared to my 350. I love how firm and planted it feels, while still being very comfortable.

What is the best aftermarket setup to go with on my 350 so that it resembles the ride and handling of the F? I know the steering weight won't change but to get the ride to feel similar would be awesome.

F-Sport spring/shock? BC Racing Coilovers? Other?

Also, does anyone know if the IS-F chassis has additional stiffening/bracing or dampening? My 350 feels much "thinner", mostly through the floor. Felt like in the F things were much more deadened from the the road. Maybe my front struts are just blown...

Lastly, may post a separate thread for this...but since it is suspension related, anyone have to replace their caster plates ever? Last time my car was aligned at Lexus they said they got it close to spec, and there was no pulling so it was fine, but the caster plates may need to be replaced soon. This was at 133k miles.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-09-16, 07:35 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I know the 2012+ Isf Steering ecu helps
front and rear f-sport sway bar
And a lot of people go with bc racing w/ upgraded swift springs
Old 10-10-16, 02:07 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

I recommend these upgrades to help achieve your goal:

- F-Sport Shocks/Springs or your choice of performance-oriented coilovers
- F-Sport F/R Sway Bars
- F-Sport Rear Chassis Brace
- 11+ IS-F Steering ECU
- High performance tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports are among the most popular here)

A 2IS equipped with the F-Sport suspension accessories package (shocks/springs/sway bars/chassis brace) will handle nearly identical to the 2011 IS-F (which itself was an improvement over the 2008 IS-F via a revised suspension and Torsen LSD). Below, you can see an Edmunds video review of a 2IS equipped with the F-Sport Accessories package and its slalom and skidpad results are near identical to the 2011 IS-F which was also tested by Edmunds:

2011 IS-F Review and Stats- http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...exus-is-f.html

2IS w/ F-Sport Accessories Package-
Skidpad = 0.89
Slalom = 71.0 mph

2011 IS-F w/ Revised Suspension and LSD-
Skidpad = 0.90
Slalom = 69.7 mph
Old 10-10-16, 06:25 AM
organicali
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the recommendations, I was already leaning towards the F-Sport route as my experience with coilovers in the past on other cars was less than stellar.

Do you happen to know if the chassis has the same amount of dampening as the IS x50? It definitely feels like there is more in the way of stiffness and dampening.
Old 10-11-16, 11:18 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by organicali
So I drove an IS-F a couple of times, and damn that thing feels like a tank compared to my 350. I love how firm and planted it feels, while still being very comfortable.

What is the best aftermarket setup to go with on my 350 so that it resembles the ride and handling of the F? I know the steering weight won't change but to get the ride to feel similar would be awesome.

F-Sport spring/shock? BC Racing Coilovers? Other?

Also, does anyone know if the IS-F chassis has additional stiffening/bracing or dampening? My 350 feels much "thinner", mostly through the floor. Felt like in the F things were much more deadened from the the road. Maybe my front struts are just blown...

Lastly, may post a separate thread for this...but since it is suspension related, anyone have to replace their caster plates ever? Last time my car was aligned at Lexus they said they got it close to spec, and there was no pulling so it was fine, but the caster plates may need to be replaced soon. This was at 133k miles.

Thanks everyone.

The BC Racing will give you that performance shock feel while still maintaining ride comfortability.
1-855-998-8726