IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS250 100k Maintenance w/ Sewell Closed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-16, 07:12 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus IS250 100k Maintenance w/ Sewell Closed

I am now at 100k miles and has a few simple questions regarding maintenance now.

Oil---
Now that sewell is closed, where are you all getting your oil filters?
Also, I have been running 5W-30 Synthetic BLEND... and I plan on converting to Mobil 1 5W-30 FULL Synthetic. Do I need to do anything special to do this at such a high mileage? Usually people make the switch at lower miles I feel like.
Should I just use the Mobile 1 Oil Filters as well? Amazon has them at roughly 8 or 9 bucks.
Amazon Prime has Mobil 1 for $28.68 per 5quart bottle of Gold Top (extended performance)

Spark Plugs---
I will be changing the spark plugs soon, and was wondering if the Triple Prong Spark Plugs are correct. The single prong ones have the same part number, but I was planning on getting the triple prong, not sure if it makes a difference?

Coolant---
Changing the coolant at 100k seems to be hit or miss with a lot of people. From personal experience, would you guys recommend a complete flush at 100k?

Transmission Fluid---
The only reason this is being brought up is because of the huge ordeal going on with the engine code for the transmission. People are saying their transmission fluid is complete toast, even though its a sealed system and supposed to be good for the lifespan of the car. What should we do about this??

Let me know if I missed anything!
Old 12-14-16, 07:44 PM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

If you have been changing your oil regularly there is nothing you need to do.

I have been using Mobile 1 filters and have been ordering my filters from the following company. The price is excellent and service is very good.

http://www.filtersandwipers.com/

You should have gone to a Group 4 synthetic from day 1. I've been using Amsoil Signature Series because they use a group 4 base. Mobile 1 use to be one of the top brands but there are better oils out there now.

If you want to research oil this is a premier site to do just that.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...s.php?ubb=cfrm

Stick with either the Denso Iridium that came with the car or NGK Iridium. You don't need a 3 prong. Rockauto has some good prices. I would change the plugs.

If it was 100k of Highway then I would say your coolant is probably ok. If it was stop and go city I would flush the entire system full retard.

Transmission fluid needs to be changed. If it is lifetime why isn't there a lifetime warranty on the transmission. Either flush it or do the trickle change. A few quarts at a time until the the fluid is bright red.

I would also clean the throttle body,change the Rear Differential Fluid, Run some fuel cleaner through the tank like Berrymans or Seafoam to clean the injectors.
Old 12-14-16, 08:19 PM
Kmasyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Other things to consider:

Air filters, cabin and engine.
Brake fluid flush.
Grease guides on calipers, they are known to seize.
Check all ball joints / tie rods for play. Check over entire suspension. Leaky shocks etc.
Lower front control arm bushings and alignment if you are having any sort of odd tire wear.
Old 12-14-16, 09:15 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i order all my parts from:

http://parts.autonationtoyotasouthaustin.com