IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-17, 07:43 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
These are the connectors for the beat sonic kit. This link was given to me by beat sonic.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Male-.../dp/B005HIUWP8

thanks I appreciate it. But I just got rid of my 2006 two days ago. I just picked up a 2016 IS300 AWD. So if anyone wants a good deal on a never used Beatsonic kit, shoot me a PM.
Old 02-11-17, 10:58 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Viktimize
thanks I appreciate it. But I just got rid of my 2006 two days ago. I just picked up a 2016 IS300 AWD. So if anyone wants a good deal on a never used Beatsonic kit, shoot me a PM.
I'm jealous lol
Congrats on the new car.
Old 05-24-17, 09:56 PM
mandou24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That thing is a piece of crap.

Originally Posted by Macklock
Anyone bought and installed that scosche kit yet? Need to know if it's a good fit without issues.
i bought this unit for my 2010 lexus and it didn't fit correctly. I had a gap on by the air vents. The sound quality also sucked and it glitched a lot on me. One day the climate control display just wouldn't shut off and it killed the battery to my car. I immediately took that piece of crap off and put my stock head unit back. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.
Old 05-26-17, 08:02 AM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by top5
Both are outdated. I'm gonna try and do an OEM navi swap and get a vaistech unit to screen mirror. Looks great and is OEM
Was just on vaistech's site. They have actually discontinued the units that screen mirror (both the android and iphone ones).
Old 06-02-17, 05:03 PM
Tweetsshs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by top5
Solid pictures. Was against the unit at first but it has grown on me. Might pull the trigger. What year is your IS?
did u have any issues with the HVAC not turning on or no sound from the speakers? I'm trying to install one and having problems. Thanks
Old 06-02-17, 06:24 PM
Tweetsshs
Driver School Candidate

I believe
did u have any troubles with the HVAC turning on or speakers not working? I'm currently installing one and can't seem to get my air to turn on. Any advice?
Old 06-04-17, 06:36 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

mandou24- Ive had the dash kit installed in my Lexus for about 5-6 months now, and only had one issue which was my 4 ways flasher kept going off on his own for no apparent issue. No idea if it's related to the dash kit so I just unplug harness. But other than that it's been working great for me. Pretty sure everything turns off once the car engine is off so I'm not sure how it killed your battery. I do admit it's a bit tricky to get out of the settings menu in the hvac. Trick is to turn on the AC or heat then exit menu. There seem to be no better alternative on replacing the stock navi or adding one so far. But this kit is the best out in my opinion.
Old 06-04-17, 06:40 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Tweetsshs - I can only assume it wasn't installed properly, maybe one of the harness is not fully plugged in or you somehow got a buggy unit. Haven't had zero issues in regards to the HAVC. In regards to the rear speakers, yes you will lose all. Can't seem to get mine working either. Not sure why.
Old 06-05-17, 10:45 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Just recently installed it to my wife's 2007 IS250 (non-nav) since she wanted rear camera.
All working good! No issues.

Last edited by TakaM; 06-05-17 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-06-17, 07:04 AM
Tweetsshs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TakaM
Just recently installed it to my wife's 2007 IS250 (non-nav) since she wanted rear camera.
All working good! No issues.

i just sent mine back to exchange it. I guess I just got a bad one
Old 06-06-17, 04:40 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tweetsshs
i just sent mine back to exchange it. I guess I just got a bad one
Which is absolutely possible.

Additionally, you do want to be careful on what wires to connect and what not to connect.
As example, I didn't know our cars don't use rear speaker output lines. Uses two front speaker output to our OEM amp and then gets distributed to all speakers including the rears.
Since Scosche kit is made to be universal to all different kind of head units, there are things that doesn't get connected, which was the hardest thing to figure out, even though I'm somewhat versed in electronics.
I had Crutchfield support on my speed dial to get these things sorted out.
Old 06-06-17, 05:43 PM
Tweetsshs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TakaM
Which is absolutely possible.

Additionally, you do want to be careful on what wires to connect and what not to connect.
As example, I didn't know our cars don't use rear speaker output lines. Uses two front speaker output to our OEM amp and then gets distributed to all speakers including the rears.
Since Scosche kit is made to be universal to all different kind of head units, there are things that doesn't get connected, which was the hardest thing to figure out, even though I'm somewhat versed in electronics.
I had Crutchfield support on my speed dial to get these things sorted out.
thanks for the tip. I tried scosche tech support without put help from them. I'll try crutchfield if I have ant issue this go around lol
Old 06-17-17, 08:23 AM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone
I have just purchased the scosche kit
I own a 2011 IS350 with factory nav

The new panel does not fit correctly. There is a 3.5mm gap between the new panel and my vents. The facelift vents, the ones with the vent adjuster dials in the centre are slightly shorter than the earlier ones with the vent adjuster dials at the outer sides of the centre vent unit.

The wiring harnesses are completely different for everything in the nav and non nav cars. The differences are
1. The plug to connect the air bag warning light, clock and hazard light switch on the nav equipped cars is 12 pin, on the non nav cars it is 14 pin. The Scosche panel comes equipped with a 14 pin plug to fit the non nav car's harness
2. The plugs that fit into the non nav radio, plug directly into the Scosche wiring harness which gives you HVAC controls on the new LCD display, steering wheel control interface, amplifier RCA input and amp trigger wire. The nav based cars harness connectors are completely different and are nothing like what is needed to connect the Scosche interface box. This box eliminates the need to connect the CD player board for your HVAC to operate.

The HVAC system operates like this. The lcd display communicates with the Scosche interface box which then sends the commands to the BCM via the multiplex system. The BCM then forwards the commands to the AC amplifier as to what you want it to do ie change temperature or mode etc. Using the Scosche kit you loose two items of functionality. You loose smog filter and auto recirc/fresh air control. This is still selectable manually.

I have a non nav dash wiring harness which I may fit in its entirety or I may just splice in the new plugs as all the required wires needed are within the numerous nav plugs in my car. I'm leaning to the splicing in of the new plugs as it is less invasive and I don't wish to introduce any rattles in the dash by removing and refitting the dash. The non nav harness has everything needed except for the electric tilt/electric telescopic adjustment so I am definitely leaning to towards option 2 of removing the unneeded nav plugs and splicing in the non nav plugs.

Looking on the Scosche website it looks like they have addressed the ill fitting panel. Hopefully they will change it over for me. The instructions that came with the kit were printed in the later part of 2016 which still say the panel fits cars from 2006 all the way to 2013 which is clearly incorrect. No one panel can fit the pre and post facelift 2IS. Its impossible.

I hope this information is useful to 2IS owners considering this conversion. I will update after I have spoken to Scosche on Monday re the panel

Cheers

Darren
Old 06-18-17, 12:01 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

My smog filter and auto recirc/fresh air control on my dash kit works just fine thou.
Old 06-18-17, 12:42 AM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

My smog filter and auto recirc/fresh air control on my dash kit works just fine thou.
how does your kit activate the smog filter and the auto recirc fresh feature. It is my understanding that these two features are not supported with the scosche kit

Quick Reply: Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real