IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-18, 06:24 AM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Has anyone installed a new scorche kit for the later dash vents. Its common knowledge the kit fits the earlier vents but I'm interested to see if they have sorted this problem out yet.
I have not installed my kit yet as I have a few reservations and I'm undecided which way to go
1. Dash panel will not match up later dash vents. Do I cut up a factory panel and join the yop piece onto the kit facia
2. Do I fit poverty pack heater controls and then fit a double din stereo to a bespoke panel that I cut up and put together
3. Do I fit the double din unit in the factory nav space and blank off and fill the original nave buttons and then fit pov pack heater controls under that.
Its a delema but my main focus is that I do not want to make the dash facia look bodgy or cheap
Cheers
Darren
Old 03-24-18, 02:43 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's great that there is a well known manufacturer trying to make something for the IS. For the longest time it was a no-go to try and upgrade because of the integration of everything into the factory system. This being said, I wish that the spot for the head unit was on the upper portion of the dash insert. Would make it easier to see the screen if you were using it for navigation and a shorter trip for your eyes if you had to glance at the screen while driving.

It has been a while since I pulled out my factory head unit (Was installing a Toytoa iPod interface in 2013) but I don't recall if there was a restriction behind the upper portion that prevents the depth of a DIN headunit from fitting there?
Old 03-24-18, 09:51 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhAtXSuMo
I got the "newest" Dual Control screen Scosche Dash Kit. Works well I like it a lot. I had this head unit laying around for a while. I will probably upgrade but i'm happy with my purchase. Disregard the sticky residue inbetween the vents. I used to have a strip of velcro there.

It looks fantastic but one quick question. How did you get the rear speakers at the back and sub to work. That's been my issues.
Old 03-24-18, 11:01 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by PhAtXSuMo
I got the "newest" Dual Control screen Scosche Dash Kit. Works well I like it a lot. I had this head unit laying around for a while. I will probably upgrade but i'm happy with my purchase. Disregard the sticky residue inbetween the vents. I used to have a strip of velcro there.

hi. Are you able to send pics from far away?
Old 03-26-18, 03:09 PM
PhAtXSuMo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macklock

It looks fantastic but one quick question. How did you get the rear speakers at the back and sub to work. That's been my issues.
I removed the stock sub and replaced it with two 12s i had laying around.

Originally Posted by metaleckz

hi. Are you able to send pics from far away?
sure.