IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

P0348 Code, CEL, Trac Light and VSC Warnings After Alternator Swap.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-16, 10:09 PM
DallasPaul
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll certainly let y'all know what the results are. I had an issue with an ex-wifes volvo that I went on Reddit to look for help. I DID post a follow up because it sucks reading a thread and then not hearing if the issue was resolved or not!
Old 12-27-16, 09:39 AM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks like someone else is having the same issue as you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-light-on.html

They found that a couple of wires were pulled out of the cam sensor. Have you checked yours to make sure during your repair no wires were damaged?
The following users liked this post:
DallasPaul (01-05-17)
Old 12-27-16, 09:59 AM
flynryan
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds like Mrfix knows his stuff!
The following users liked this post:
DallasPaul (01-05-17)
Old 12-27-16, 10:16 AM
DallasPaul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrfix
Looks like someone else is having the same issue as you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-light-on.html

They found that a couple of wires were pulled out of the cam sensor. Have you checked yours to make sure during your repair no wires were damaged?
I went in and looked everything that could have been askew but found nothing. My issue is that the lights came on before the work was done...
Old 12-28-16, 03:44 PM
DallasPaul
Driver School Candidate

Tried the Zero Point Calibration. It didn't seem to work.
Old 12-28-16, 04:45 PM
DallasPaul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrfix
your not the first one to have this problem to post here. But this was the only guy who at least commented on how it was fixed. It is really sh1tty that folks come here looking for help and then never post what the fix was or the problem.

Here was what he said.

Well I had a similar issue. I changed to a new battery, VSC comes on when I put into gear and car moves a few inches. I tried the Zero calibration reset didnt work for me. So I decided to bring it to Lexus, told them to tell me what it is before doing anything. When I went to pick up my car the service guy told me they had to recalibrate some steering sensor or something like that and had to do the Zero Point Calibration, which took them probably 10 mins to do. Gave me an invoice for 119...smh.

Here is a youtube vid on what you are about to try .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvtwFVT1Q10

Goodluck, keep us updated.
Well, I tried a few different things. I did the Zero Point Calibration the same was as in the video you posted and then off of the TSB which has different instructions (open and close a circuit between 4 and 14 four or more times in eight seconds). Here's the deal. I was following the TBS instructions and it didn't work. I didn't have a closed circuit when starting the car so I figured I'd start the process with the circuit closed and end it with a closed circuit. It wasted my battery. Wasted it to the point of not starting the car. It was, a few days ago, 12.6V with the car off.
Old 01-05-17, 07:20 AM
DallasPaul
Driver School Candidate

I'm back guys. I'm an idiot and you guys were right. It WAS a wire. I theorized that because the lights were on BEFORE the swap that the cause of the code was something to due with driving the car until the battery died. I put a volt meter on the plug and got readings of 5V on both sides, so I thought that the wiring was good. Well after pulling the sensor off to look at it and reinstalling it, I saw that one of the wires had completely pulled out of the connector. I'm thinking that when the plug was unplugged and not "kinked" at an angle (as it is when plugged in) the wire was making a connection. When put into the proper position the wire was being pulled back out of the connector and was not making contact.

So there you go. Thanks for the help folks. It was invaluable!
Old 07-20-21, 09:25 PM
Nycjchau
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem on my 2011 Lexus Rx350 and realized the mechanic didn't reconnect the Cam Sensor cable. You can find it under the Engine cover, just follow the electrical cables back up and see if anything is not plugged in, loose, or wires that have been damaged. Hope this helps someone and passing my knowledge on, eventhough this is an old posting. Thanks!!