Search this Thread

Old 12-31-16, 11:28 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine light + Check VSC appear - IS250 08'

Hello all
The car is is250, RWD, MY2008, 130,000 KM, owned it 4 months

Today the Check Engine light + Check VSC appears together.
Yesterday i drove the car and i have nothiced that it drives regular, but one thing is wrong - there is a little strange noise like "KCHCHCH" when you slow the speed before stopping the car. (at 20 KM/h~)

Tomorrow when i wil go home i will check the error codes with OBD scan and let you know the exact error codes.
I checked the gas cap and its tighten, so its not the problem.
The battery is 5 months old.
The alternator is 1 year old.
The car has a fully maintenance history from the Lexux dealer.

What do you think that the problem is?

Last edited by shlomie11; 12-31-16 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-31-16, 11:38 AM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

while stopped does the noise continue. does rpm take a dip while stopped?

traction control light isnt on hmmmm
hopefully its not a p030x code

for me the gas cap trick didnt work instantly, it worked the next day but if it was already tight that for sure wont fix it
Old 12-31-16, 11:41 AM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Until you pull a code, there is no telling. If you have an indication of a misfire it could be anything from a coil to Carbon buildup. So $80 - $5000 depending on what it is. Pray that it is something simple and not the Carbon buildup issue. Pray.....
Old 12-31-16, 11:44 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

hi
the noise appears for only 1 second and then disappear, and you can really "feel" it like a little vibration.
the traction control light is on, you can see it (the orange light) in the right-bottom corner in the dashboard.
Old 12-31-16, 11:47 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrfix
Until you pull a code, there is no telling. If you have an indication of a misfire it could be anything from a coil to Carbon buildup. So $80 - $5000 depending on what it is. Pray that it is something simple and not the Carbon buildup issue. Pray.....
about a month ago i asked the dealer (i didnt have any problem, just for to know) here if they know the buildup carbon and what is the price they take to fix it and they told me "about 600$"
Old 12-31-16, 08:07 PM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Well here is a video and there are plenty on Youtube regarding the Carbon Buildup problem.

As you can see it is quite involved. Maybe they will just clean the ports in your heads instead of fixing the issue.

But who knows what the problem you are experiencing is. maybe something simple. Let us know what you find out..
Old 12-31-16, 10:57 PM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Does the oil catch can prevent this issue for sure?
Old 01-02-17, 12:19 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

*UPDATE*

Earlier today i connected an OBD scanner and it showed error number P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance/Stuck Off.
I cleared the code and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes.

The situation now, after 20 miles (=~30km) driving, is that the car drives ok without any visible problem (knock on wood), smooth shifts between all of the 6 gears, good and silent drive in town and on highway, no idleing problems visible, and no Check Engine/Check VSC lights. Im hoping this will last and the code will never show.

So what is this code means? i've read some posts here and saw that some people replaced the specific solenoid and it solved the problem.

What is the part number and where can i find it for sale on Ebay/Amazon?, i dont care that i will have it untill it will be need a replacement.

In addition, according to the dealer's record, the transmission has never changed ATF so for now, I'm planning to do a partial transmission fluid change about 7 times by draining the drain plug and fill the same amount (about 1.5L for each change from what i've read) back to the transmission with new Toyota-WS.

Last edited by shlomie11; 01-02-17 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-16-17, 08:12 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

So today the car popped up again Code P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance/Stuck Off + the transmission stuck on 3rd gear.
I talked with the dealer here and asked about any Updade available for the transmission, he said to come over and check the car and connect it do Lexus-iagnostic-tools and Update the software to see if it will solve the problem.

I will let you know in any update.
Old 01-17-17, 08:35 AM
jahhaitian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shlomie11
So today the car popped up again Code P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance/Stuck Off + the transmission stuck on 3rd gear.
I talked with the dealer here and asked about any Updade available for the transmission, he said to come over and check the car and connect it do Lexus-iagnostic-tools and Update the software to see if it will solve the problem.

I will let you know in any update.
i am having the same issue with my 06 IS "Code P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance/Stuck Off + the transmission stuck on 3rd gear"
Please update on resolution if any thanks
Old 01-17-17, 09:05 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

jahhaitian
how many ,miles/km do you have?
did you drain/flush the transmission?
what model do you have? AWD/RWD?
Old 01-17-17, 03:12 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Let us know if a flash of the trans ECU helped! I've read on here that they do have updates since the original factory flash that came in the car.
Old 02-02-17, 02:13 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

*Update*

(2nd time) The Error Code P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance/Stuck Off + Check VSC appeared agein 2 weeks ago, I cleared it and the car back to normal.

(3rd time) Today it happened again: P2714+Check VSC + the transmission stuck on 3rd gear and the rpm accelerated, I cleared it and the car back to normal.

Now im going to the dealer to check if there is any Update for the transmission and check if the problem is in the Solenoid itself.
Old 02-02-17, 03:53 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Default update

(4th time) Today it happened again: P2714+P0751 Shift Solenoid "A" Performance/Stuck Off + Check VSC + the transmission stuck on 3rd gear and the rpm accelerated, I cleared it and the car back to normal.

Is ther anyone knows what Solenoid is "Shift Solenoid "A"?

There are 9 Solenoids, which one of them is
"Shift Solenoid "A"?
S1
S2
S3
S4
Sr
SLU
SLT
SL1
SL2
Old 02-02-17, 07:58 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Default Transmission Update

So I went to the dealer, they did some software update to the transmission (A960E transmission), the vehicle works normally in the meantime.
They charged me for 100$ for the diagnistic+Update.

Quick Reply: Check Engine light + Check VSC appear - IS250 08'