IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How long are you waiting for your Sticky/Cracking dash recall?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-17 | 08:08 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

My case is little weir cause when i have a call from the dealer, they told me that they will take care the dash and all 4 doors as well but only the dash and airbag has been taken care of when i picked up my car. I did ask service advisor and he told me that the door is not in for any car which is totally wrong. I stay at their dealer ship for over 2 hours and everybody has their dash and door panel replaced as same time.
Old 03-02-17 | 08:13 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by whitebeast
My case is little weir cause when i have a call from the dealer, they told me that they will take care the dash and all 4 doors as well but only the dash and airbag has been taken care of when i picked up my car. I did ask service advisor and he told me that the door is not in for any car which is totally wrong. I stay at their dealer ship for over 2 hours and everybody has their dash and door panel replaced as same time.
Dealers are getting dashes but no (or extremely few) door panels yet. They're making replacement dashes for many models besides the IS.
Old 03-02-17 | 10:00 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I know the fact but they are acting weir that's why i spoke. They told me no door panel available at this moment but all of other cars came out of same dealer has everything done at once. Also, when i called them to schedule appointment, they told me that every part is ready for my car but ..... no door panel has been replaced. I have feeling they are trying to cover up something
Old 03-03-17 | 02:16 PM
87vertgt
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by takadakeyo
greetings,
i just wanted to see how long everyone else who is doing this recall waiting, or been waiting for their sticky, cracking dash recall on their is250? I was told my parts will come in around two years from now. So of course i placed my order, even if i might not own this car still.

How long have you/are you waiting for?
whoa !!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i was the only one with that problem!!!!!!!

It's so annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-17 | 06:44 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Had the dash replaced a few months ago. Total wait time was 9 mths. Still waiting on door panels
Old 03-04-17 | 01:46 PM
87vertgt
Driver School Candidate

Question

I'd love to, how many hundreds of dollars is that gonna cost?
Old 03-06-17 | 10:13 PM
ChefRu
Driver School Candidate

I have an 06 is250 did the gasket recall already few months after I did the recall for sticky that was 1.5 years now gonna follow up again soon... there's also a recall out for passenger airbag which I got on the waiting list almost a year ago
Old 03-10-17 | 06:00 PM
Treyyy
Driver School Candidate

Ive been waiting for about 5 months now. I figured at the 6 month mark ill just stop by and check in. They said it could be 2 months, could be 2 years, also said Lexus is probably extending the recall past the May 2017 date or whatever the end date for the recall was. Im on the list for 4 door panels and a dash.
Old 03-10-17 | 06:38 PM
Zmon
Racer

Waited about 14 months for my dash and front door panels, had them replaced back in Feb. Had my rears ordered more recently as my dealer, at the time when I originally had the dash and door panels ordered, didn't know they were doing the rears too, I'll be waiting on those for a bit.
Old 03-10-17 | 07:00 PM
moonlit
Driver School Candidate

Ok so I went in for an airbag recall last week March 2nd, and set up an appointment. Told them as well that I had a sticky dash, and a bit of cracked leather on the dash. They told me that they would write it down, but it could be as late as next year before I got it done. Well... Had my appointment today (March 10th) and not only did they do the airbag recall, but I was one of three that had the dash replaced in addition! The next batch will be sometime NEXT YEAR....Guess I got hella lucky XD
Old 03-14-17 | 01:59 PM
XSV
Instructor

Took my car in today to the dealership. I called the service desk and asked about the airbag recall and the dash recall. The agent said that the dash and door panels had to be inspected for cracks first before parts would be ordered and replaced. My car does qualify for the extended warranty and they are ordering the replacement dash and door panels; however, they said it would take months for the parts to come in.
Old 03-14-17 | 04:09 PM
sergeblr
Driver School Candidate

Little offtop there about cracked dash...
My IS250 is from USA, and now in Belarus, Brest city with me Is it possible to get cracked dash replaced by recall in my country (have only Toyota dealer at Minsk city, not asked em yet)? Seems to be impossible in my situation...
Is there any solutions (heater, or other things) that helped other members?
Old 03-14-17 | 06:14 PM
Zmon
Racer

Originally Posted by sergeblr
Little offtop there about cracked dash...
My IS250 is from USA, and now in Belarus, Brest city with me Is it possible to get cracked dash replaced by recall in my country (have only Toyota dealer at Minsk city, not asked em yet)? Seems to be impossible in my situation...
Is there any solutions (heater, or other things) that helped other members?
That's something you'll need to take up with corporate in Belarus. Most likely not if you guys do not have a Lexus division there (or if they never issued a recall for it there either). You're probably going to be stuck with it. You can always order one yourself and DIY.
Old 03-14-17 | 08:04 PM
istarzan
Instructor

When I took my car in for the airbag recall, I asked where I was on the wait list. They said number 245! I don't know if that's 245 in the entire US or only at that dealership. My service adviser said he doesn't now an ETA because corporate told him they're currently sourcing materials to make new dashes. And the materials ran out, so can't make new dashes.
Old 03-15-17 | 06:24 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by istarzan
When I took my car in for the airbag recall, I asked where I was on the wait list. They said number 245! I don't know if that's 245 in the entire US or only at that dealership. My service adviser said he doesn't now an ETA because corporate told him they're currently sourcing materials to make new dashes. And the materials ran out, so can't make new dashes.
That should be 245 at your dealership, which sounds about right. The list at my dealer is around 400 people and you are really late as far as signing up for this, as they started the waiting lists over 2 years ago. It could be worse though, the RX list at my dealer was 900+.

Quick Reply: How long are you waiting for your Sticky/Cracking dash recall?