IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY Sketchy Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-17, 09:34 AM
Sthall21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Sketchy Muffler Delete

Hi all, I'm looking to make the exhaust louder for my 2008 is350 I just purchased. I'm thinking about doing a muffler delete or something to make my exhaust sound deeper and louder. I was looking online and I found this: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690764
Looks like some guy put washers before the mufflers to essentially disconnect the mufflers for really cheap. I want to try this to see how it sounds before I get it professionally done. My question is does anyone have any experience doing this? Will it damage my car? And is it safe? Also If anyone has an is350 with a modified exhaust in Ventura County, California, I would love to hear it to make it easier for me to choose an exhaust system. Thanks.
Old 05-03-17, 10:16 AM
lopezva
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its probably one of the most ghetto ways to check for a muffler delete sound, but it would get the job done. Only difference is the oem exhaust with the IS is welded so our only bolts are from the axle back, so after the resonator. Whereas other cars have a bolt on stock muffler.
If you want loud and not as expensive then resonator delete and straight pipe, otherwise I'd say hks+invidia or hks+resonator delete is my favorite exhaust setup.
Old 05-03-17, 11:59 AM
Sthall21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lopezva
Its probably one of the most ghetto ways to check for a muffler delete sound, but it would get the job done. Only difference is the oem exhaust with the IS is welded so our only bolts are from the axle back, so after the resonator. Whereas other cars have a bolt on stock muffler.
If you want loud and not as expensive then resonator delete and straight pipe, otherwise I'd say hks+invidia or hks+resonator delete is my favorite exhaust setup.
Thanks for the info I'll post a sound clip over the weekend if I get to doing it.
Old 05-04-17, 08:42 PM
LXMEUP
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sthall21
Hi all, I'm looking to make the exhaust louder for my 2008 is350 I just purchased. I'm thinking about doing a muffler delete or something to make my exhaust sound deeper and louder. I was looking online and I found this: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690764
Looks like some guy put washers before the mufflers to essentially disconnect the mufflers for really cheap. I want to try this to see how it sounds before I get it professionally done. My question is does anyone have any experience doing this? Will it damage my car? And is it safe? Also If anyone has an is350 with a modified exhaust in Ventura County, California, I would love to hear it to make it easier for me to choose an exhaust system. Thanks.
I read that page and even watched the clip.. might sound different on the Lexus V6, but that sounded horrible.

With a small gap spaced out with washers, it would sound more like an exhaust leak than an exhaust.

Get some Lukey hi-flow mufflers, you'll get a better sound and cheap.
Old 05-05-17, 02:26 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sthall21
I live in Oxnard and I have an 07 IS350 with resonator/muffler delete. Hit me up!